Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 664720 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #645 on: February 27, 2012, 12:34:26 pm »

We steal vitality, not soul. And the mass raising is a good idea, but we probably need to wait several levels for that.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 27, 2012, 01:48:39 pm »

Vitality, life force, whatever. We steal it from the living, killing them in the process, and I don't see how that's an IMPROVEMENT over raising the dead.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 27, 2012, 01:50:49 pm »

I'm pretty sure we can take SOME vitality, like drawing blood... You don't necessarily need to take ALL of it.

I figure visualizing a needle or knife slicing something carefully is better than just unleashing a full-blown vitality-syphon on something.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 27, 2012, 01:55:14 pm »

Vitality, life force, whatever. We steal it from the living, killing them in the process, and I don't see how that's an IMPROVEMENT over raising the dead.
Like people have said, there's no particular requirement that we kill anything when draining vitality. And the undead aren't evil, just disgusting.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #649 on: February 27, 2012, 01:59:06 pm »

And not that useful - golems promise to be much more high quality troops, and better PR, to boot.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 27, 2012, 04:50:26 pm »

You know, figuring out what exactly do we take from a living being when we create a golem should be on our to-do list.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 27, 2012, 05:01:50 pm »

are we back on the zombies vs. golems again. I'm still in favor of golems.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: February 27, 2012, 05:04:35 pm »

Zombie-Golems. That's the answer.

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: February 27, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »

The problem with golems is that, for the moment, we STILL don't know how to actually raise a proper golem, AND we can only do it using methods more dangerous and questionable than raising undead.
What if we stole vitality from an undead creature we made and used it is that just as unethical or is there a difference between golems from using the vitality of a living creature or an undead one? We certainly have no proof that its unethical but if it is then we can change our ways then, but right now golems do seem like the ethical choice.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: February 27, 2012, 06:26:30 pm »

Ethical or not, I have a feeling it would go over much better with the public. Humans don't tend to like the thought of disturbing the dead.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: February 27, 2012, 06:45:01 pm »

>Vitality vs Souls
A crucial differences between vitality and souls are that vitality can be partially removed (though we have not yet done so to anything other than ourselves), grows back when damaged, and can be generated through magical means.

>Mass Raising
We could look into that I guess, but I don't see that as a very high priority. Golems tend to go with quality over quantity, achieving numbers via longer life expectancy per unit (by not rotting and generally being more durable than organic constructs).
Soaplent green is goblins!

yourfears

• Bay Watcher
  • immortalis redundus
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: February 27, 2012, 06:49:06 pm »

for showing omo our powers go with golems.

and i think its too early 2 decide what school we going to follow, between zombies golems and a possible 3rd choice we dont even kno of yet.(life magic had 3 schools.)
voice of evil reason

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: February 27, 2012, 06:50:54 pm »

Zombie-Golems. That's the answer.
Aren't zombies just golems made from once-living things, rather than things that were never alive?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: February 27, 2012, 06:53:06 pm »

and i think its too early 2 decide what school we going to follow, between zombies golems and a possible 3rd choice we dont even kno of yet.(life magic had 3 schools.)
This. Let's get better at our powers a bit first before deciding between which schools we are going to.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: February 27, 2012, 07:06:23 pm »

I still think the third school is going to be some type of healing. On a side-note whats to stop us from mastering all three we have quite a bit of time on our hands (if we survive that is) also I don't think we should reveal our self to Omo just yet. wait for a good opportunity(maybe give a zombie the stare of death.)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 155