Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656749 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #690 on: March 04, 2012, 07:25:11 pm »

We've no use for money in the wilderness, and will likely have plenty of time to make potions en route. I think, so long as we can carry them (I don't know how heavy they are) we should make at least a half dozen and buy enough mana crystals for maybe twice that - we might be able to pawn them off in towns we come across.

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 04, 2012, 10:21:44 pm »

I know this is a stupid theory, but what if all artifacts were created by necromancers. It would explain why none have been made in a while and why nobody knows how to make artifacts. If we ever find any known artifacts we can easily see if this is true. If it is true then we have another goal to reach, making some type of artifact.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 04, 2012, 10:26:24 pm »

I know this is a stupid theory, but what if all artifacts were created by necromancers. It would explain why none have been made in a while and why nobody knows how to make artifacts. If we ever find any known artifacts we can easily see if this is true. If it is true then we have another goal to reach, making some type of artifact.
Maybe powered by life force, souls, or similar? Hmm, it might be interesting investigating once we get a very good power base, much more power and knowledge of our abilities, although we shouldn't get our hopes up on this.

And about the ethical concerns, we can probably bypass this a bit by using those who "deserve" it. Basically, if we get a proper power base, we could ask for those condemned of horrendous capital crimes for experimentation instead of just being killed. That or we can ask for those who would be ok with donating themselves for SCIENCE! after they are dead, maybe the terminally ill, giving the options for death row criminals. Maybe with the with a compensation for the family to make the deal sweeter.

Of course, this is all for a very far away future, no point in worrying about it now.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 04, 2012, 10:43:08 pm »

Working until the end of the week nets us 180 silver. The merchant said that getting us the crystal cost him about 120 silver for our 6-mana potion, so we can only make one full potion over the course of our journey unless we find another place to sell the potions and buy more crystals. We should definitely make the potion, though. Maybe in Thrimesdur we could sell the mana directly, which would have the extra benefit of an order wizard's gratitude.

Also, the dwarves can still make artifacts, they just don't know how to control it.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 04, 2012, 11:24:30 pm »

despite what i said earlier, i have something to add.

one of our long term goals should be to try to appear as a 'good' necromancer, while it will be difficult, its better to be a warily accepted antihero than a hunted outcast.
seems to fit what our characters personality has been set up as so far.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 05, 2012, 05:26:11 pm »

despite what i said earlier, i have something to add.

one of our long term goals should be to try to appear as a 'good' necromancer, while it will be difficult, its better to be a warily accepted antihero than a hunted outcast.
seems to fit what our characters personality has been set up as so far.
well considering we are a "good" necromancer it couldn't be that hard to seem to be one.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 05, 2012, 05:27:58 pm »

well considering current worldwide stigma to necromancy, it will be damned hard to convince others of that, regardless of our actions.

we will probably have to go out of out way to 'prove' this, maybe even making a point of standing against these other necromancers.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: March 05, 2012, 05:42:27 pm »

well considering current worldwide stigma to necromancy, it will be damned hard to convince others of that, regardless of our actions.

we will probably have to go out of out way to 'prove' this, maybe even making a point of standing against these other necromancers.
Point taken.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: March 05, 2012, 05:49:28 pm »

I think we should head to the Dwarves, spending no longer then a day in any city besides theirs, they have the highest chance to accept us for what we are, and I have a feeling they may be able to help us in making golems, and may even have records of old necromancers who were good like us.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 05, 2012, 06:17:52 pm »

I think we should head to the Dwarves, spending no longer then a day in any city besides theirs, they have the highest chance to accept us for what we are, and I have a feeling they may be able to help us in making golems, and may even have records of old necromancers who were good like us.

To the dwarves! aye, that should be our long term goal. Dwarves are fine folk, and makers of artifacts as well. Plus we know the least about them. they'd be interesting to study. Since they keep such stuborn strongholds, I imagine they have archives of the ancient ages.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 05, 2012, 07:13:47 pm »

However, the elves have a strong alliance with Thrimesdur, but the dwarves are probably either neutral or hostile to elves if anything resembling a tree quota exists in this world. the dwarves should be a second stop after we finish with Thrimesdur, and/or if our powers are revealed too early. Either way, we should ask pevo about the dwarves.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 05, 2012, 07:20:13 pm »

we should also put severe thought into any current and future traveling companions, for it is highly likely they will learn our secret before anyone else will, and some of them will probably be trained soldiers. (i.e. Omo) though i suspect Omo may go on past friendship when considering his thoughts, making him more lenient...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 05, 2012, 09:02:44 pm »

Given the current political climate it shouldn't be too hard to query travelling companions as to their thoughts on the more personal aspects of Necromancers. Things such as motivations and inherent nature. It is also likely to bring out any pertinent background details. If, say, someone's youngest sibling was lost for a day then returned and ate their family's brains then we may want to be cautious about excessive honesty...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: March 06, 2012, 12:21:20 am »

Is it harder or easier for us to kill an undead with our powers? Because if we can just steal the vitality back from them without much effort we could probably mess up the other necromancer's plans.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 06, 2012, 01:21:41 am »

Is it harder or easier for us to kill an undead with our powers? Because if we can just steal the vitality back from them without much effort we could probably mess up the other necromancer's plans.

Not really... the other necromancer would have far more experiance than us. The only thing that would give us an advantage is if we could convert vitality to mana, or have a larger pool than the other necro magma.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 155