Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 663587 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Part 25
« Reply #780 on: March 14, 2012, 12:32:10 am »

too bad about Omo's unit being stationed there, greatest form of stealth is looking like you belong.

is there any other non-lethal form of distraction we could create? im sure there's a few piles of flammable objects that won't be too missed if they are gone.
on that note a significant distraction IS our best bet, rangers are the elven military after all, gotta be well trained.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Part 25.5
« Reply #781 on: March 14, 2012, 02:35:34 am »

RE: Bear- the bear was probably a solid hour's hike back up the trail- judicious application of honeycomb and Calm Animal should be enough to lure the bear to the Ranger camp, but you wouldn't get back until after dark, if that affects your plan.

That's pretty much perfect conditions for Operation Bearstraction, guys. I'm voting for it.

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Part 25.5
« Reply #782 on: March 14, 2012, 03:20:16 am »

RE: Bear- the bear was probably a solid hour's hike back up the trail- judicious application of honeycomb and Calm Animal should be enough to lure the bear to the Ranger camp, but you wouldn't get back until after dark, if that affects your plan.

That's pretty much perfect conditions for Operation Bearstraction, guys. I'm voting for it.

Beeeeeaaaaars.

I mean...uh...this?
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 14, 2012, 03:28:43 am »

Beeeaaars !

I vote for this !

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 14, 2012, 03:37:43 am »

i somehow see this going wrong. how much mana does it take to calm a bear for a decent amount of time?

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 14, 2012, 03:46:46 am »

1 mana.

Also, we should use the Easy Waterproofing Spell, as we don't have days to learn the other.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 14, 2012, 03:48:33 am »

how do we present this idea to Omo in a way that he won't get angry about?

im intentionally playing devils advocate to make sure all ideas are properly thought out.  ;D

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 14, 2012, 04:00:54 am »

"We need a distraction."
"Like what, Nym?"
"Well, remember that bear you mentioned a while back? And the honeycomb?"
"Yeah...?"
"Let's bribe the bear with the honeycomb into distracting the rangers for us. Have her eat one of their tents or something."
"Brilliant!"

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 14, 2012, 05:33:59 am »

Well, bear idea seems to be winning, so I will vote for crossing in daytime. Hopefully the rangers will avoid the bear's cave, so it should be possible to find a nook nearby where we can study the spell while waiting for the timing to be right to lure the bear away. If operation bearstraction doesn't get the votes it needs, then I vote for heading north.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 14, 2012, 06:54:07 am »

See if we can make the book somewhat waterproof, or at least its container, just to be safer when we cross. Ideally have Omo carry it, not us.

Yeah, considering that our bluff is unlikely to be good. If we were a less nice and egalitarian society we could try say it was all very secret, not even the officers of his own unit were supposed to know, but that's unlikely to work. Let's go with the bribing the bear and crossing the rope.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 14, 2012, 07:55:04 am »

Sigh... I still think the bear is stupid. But one way or another it comes down to making a break for the rope, so I still say we come up with some sort of hook and loop system so that we don't run the risk of losing our strength halfway across. But seriously the elves will take one look at the bear, send it on its way, and be done with it. It's a worthless idea, and we're going to get caught in the process. Or hurt.

I can see NO way for this plan to go well at all. :/

Running has all the perks, half the drawbacks, and a significantly lower chance of being spotted before we can get to the rope.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #791 on: March 14, 2012, 08:26:25 am »

I'd suggest we let Omo take the lead on this. He is much better versed in stealth and evasion than we are, and probably knows a few tricks. We can waterproof our stuff if we need to swim, or just keep it above water/on a log.

I agree that the whole bear thing is destined to fail.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 14, 2012, 10:09:36 am »

Maybe we could get the bear to start messing with stuff on one side of the camp while we dash to the rope on the other side.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 14, 2012, 10:17:44 am »

It's a plan the rangers are likely to catch us doing, AND one they can deal with in moments that requires only one ranger to  bother "fixing it".

Omo thinks we've got a chance to run through - I say he's got his head on right. Lets do it.

But, and I would like to reinforce this, be prepared. Specifically with a harness.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #794 on: March 14, 2012, 10:46:07 am »

Could we golem-ize the rope and have it help us across?

I realize we don't have much experience with golems yet. Just an idea.

Maybe an experiment for later. Can a golem rope move?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 155