Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656538 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Part 26
« Reply #915 on: March 26, 2012, 06:26:01 pm »

ah, cool tip for threads like these.

if people have recently posted on multiple ideas, and your comment is undirected. begin it with something like]
@ [idea1]
-stuff-
@[idea2]
-stuff-

reduces confusion substantially.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 26, 2012, 06:28:39 pm »

You can make a poll and just change it every turn, that's what everyone does for these situations. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 26, 2012, 06:31:58 pm »

You can make a poll and just change it every turn, that's what everyone does for these situations. :)

I've never been able to change my votes on those, though. Plus, doesn't it have to be the maker of the thread that puts it up? :/
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 26, 2012, 07:05:19 pm »

We could also go back to bolding votes (assuming that sentence is valid since it never particularly caught on,) although to be honest I'm trying to not have multi-week delays that result in the need for extensive vote-tracking. Obviously, that plan doesn't always work, but it is indeed the plan.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 26, 2012, 07:30:46 pm »

Should we even go to the village? Bed and rest sounds good, but won't the rest of the elves send a messenger there telling them to hold us so we can be returned? Or maybe to just return us? Is there any other nearby trading post/village/rest post around that we could instead?

I think we might want to tell him that we have something that we need to talk with him once we are dry, rested, and there's no chance at all of anyone overhearing us, it might mollify having waited before telling him. I don't know if it's a good idea though, it might make him unquiet and start wondering the worst.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 26, 2012, 07:33:33 pm »

Vote: Let's camp out in the wilds one last night, getting dry and rested. Explain about our necromancy in the agreed upon way after breakfast tomorrow.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 26, 2012, 08:05:27 pm »

My only issue with this is, well, we're basically just outside the river, like, if we shout we could talk with the ranger patrol in the other side. Hmm, still, talking with him here is likely the best alternative. Hmm, as a tentative vote: Let's camp 500m-1km of the river, let's talk to him in the morning after/during breakfast.
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #922 on: March 26, 2012, 09:03:26 pm »

My only issue with this is, well, we're basically just outside the river, like, if we shout we could talk with the ranger patrol in the other side. Hmm, still, talking with him here is likely the best alternative. Hmm, as a tentative vote: Let's camp 500m-1km of the river, let's talk to him in the morning after/during breakfast.
+1

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 26, 2012, 09:04:39 pm »

+1
+1

dpickle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 26, 2012, 10:31:43 pm »

+1

However, if he gets aggressive start running, if he wants to leave you after you tell him, let him.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 26, 2012, 10:41:33 pm »

+1
+1
+1
However, if he gets aggressive start running, if he wants to leave you after you tell him, let him.
We'll need to decide on a new destination then if he heads towards the town.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 26, 2012, 11:30:32 pm »

The problem with this one is that we are one hard shout away from Elven Rangers (across the river) and one hour away of unforgiving humans. Both are rather close to my taste for when he gets all hostile. We would be having a two-hour headstart if he goes rouse the city, less if he calls upon the Rangers to take care of us.

If we just rest in the city inn first, we are well prepared to take on the future. Then we can start travelling away from the city and somewhere during lunch (half day travel) we can tell him. That way we will be having more time if things do go wrong. And I doubt he would see it in any more bad light for not telling us directly in our home town but wait for the whole festival being done, travelling to the river and crossing it and THEN tell him. Especially if you start your story with your personal struggles and fears.
Personally I think telling him while he is wet, cold, hungry and miserable... is the worst thing you can do. After all, he will interpret your message in the context of what he is already experiencing. Thus he will see it more negative then after a good nights rest in a real bed, clean clothes, a good breakfast and a brisk morning walk.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 27, 2012, 12:31:54 am »

tell first night after leaving the town
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 27, 2012, 03:19:22 am »

Hmmm, actually, a good question is, do Omo think they would get a patrol out to return us? If so we probably should march away immediately.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 27, 2012, 07:46:17 am »

I think that a fire would be quite necessary and quite obvious, and may tempt the elves to come after us even if it is not common practise. Resting in a proper inn is definitely the right course. As for Telling Omo, we made a commitment and we should stick to it, but some practicality has to enter the equation. I say that Omo should be told before the second night. It is still, sort of similar to the original commitment, and we really desperately need a dry place to rest and an isolated place to talk. But, tell Omo that there is something important to tell them. We want to be as honest with Omo as we can afford to be...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 155