Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 663804 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #150 on: December 17, 2011, 11:30:42 pm »

Look at the bright side: In a few hundred years, some necromancer will be happy to use the corpse.

I sincerely hope you were talking about the tree. In any manner, that was an extremely tasteless, if not downright offensive joke considering the situation at hand.

:|
Why so serious bro, just a harmless joke, quit your white knightting and get back to the game! No need to be so butthurt over a joke that doesn't even affect you, I would personally be chill with it if I were Monk.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2011, 12:03:46 am »

Why so serious bro, just a harmless joke, quit your white knightting and get back to the game! No need to be so butthurt over a joke that doesn't even affect you, I would personally be chill with it if I were Monk.
Yes, someone on the internet doesn't have emotions about family or friends dying so clearly nobody does. Clearly.
Soaplent green is goblins!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2011, 12:48:09 am »

Yes, someone on the internet doesn't have emotions about family or friends dying so clearly nobody does. Clearly.
Yes, someone taking things like the Internet and jokes far to serisouly has to be a jerk to everyone. Clearly. You really got back at me with that witty taunt, shouds I leave you to go yell at some "Trolls rning you 1337 forumgamez onoes !!!111oneoneone111!!!1"
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2011, 02:28:10 am »

When did joking about the death of a person in someone's family become good taste?
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2011, 02:32:15 am »

Posting to watch.  This is epic. I'm on page 5 now.

Rockowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 19, 2011, 03:17:03 am »

Back to subject, I say we take the "safety first" approach when it comes to the possibility of the entire region wanting your head on a stake.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 19, 2011, 03:26:58 am »

Back to subject, I say we take the "safety first" approach when it comes to the possibility of the entire region wanting your head on a stake.

Agreed. We should destroy the tree as soon as possible. No one will think we're a necromancer if they don't see any actual necromancy.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 20, 2011, 12:39:53 am »

When and if we do take down the tree, we should bash it with Rocky a few times to check if having the vitality bestowed in it will give it any special properties when used as a weapon.

EDIT: We should also try Rocky on something truly living later if we survive that long, and see what happens
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:46:05 am by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 20, 2011, 01:33:03 am »

I just realized, the conversion rate between mana and vitality must, at worst, be 2->1, since we lost 2 vitality and the least the spell could have been over by is 1 mana. So we should be able to survive using drain vitality on the tree, probably bringing us down to 4/10, which is our best option if we can't find a mana potion easily and in a way that doesn't draw suspicion.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 20, 2011, 07:18:16 am »

That's 2v -> 1m at worst. Which is to say 6v out of our current 8v. And that's assuming it's a linear cost. v=2*m^2 fits the data we have just as well, and would mean that casting Steal Vitality right now would cost 2*3^2=18 vitality and kill us twice over. Let's not risk it.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2011, 04:02:40 pm »

That's fair enough.

That gives us two real options:
Get mana potion -> Drain vitality
Get axe -> Cut down tree

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2011, 04:33:34 pm »

Gaining an axe might be tough though, being as they are all elves. Also if we do end up begging for a potion, lets try and be very very covert about it. If someone finds the tree while we are running around town looking for a potion while acting a bit panicked about it, the suspicion may point to us.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2011, 05:00:58 pm »

Hopefully we would still have enough time to escape before anyone made the connection. Things like this tend to only be obvious in hindsight. In any case, the mana potion is still our best bet, especially if we try to act calm and tell people we need it for our journey.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2011, 05:08:23 pm »

You know, our ranger friend may very well have one we can use. When we learn how to make them tomorrow, we can even give the one we make to him claiming we can return it because we were taught how to make our own.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2011, 05:08:59 pm »

As long as we use the same bottle.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 155