Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656716 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #240 on: January 05, 2012, 09:30:05 pm »

No raising undead. But this is a great excuse to ask a bunch of questions about being able to sense the undead and necromancers in general

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 05, 2012, 11:24:17 pm »

No raising undead. But this is a great excuse to ask a bunch of questions about being able to sense the undead and necromancers in general
You are correct my good sir, and i bow to your superior intelligence.
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 05, 2012, 11:39:20 pm »

I bow to your intelligence in bowing to a superior intelligence who is also a good sir, my good sir.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 06, 2012, 09:45:04 am »

I bow to your intelligence in bowing to a superior intelligence who is also a good sir, my good sir.

NO. I refuse to start this pyramid of bowing My good sir
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

kopout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 06, 2012, 02:26:01 pm »

NO. I refuse to start this pyramid of bowing My good sir
I bow to your greater self restraint. ;D

On topic I agree with GG that this may be a good excuse to learn more about how to detect undead. Maybe phrase it as
"is there any way to sense the undead before they get get close enough to see you." This should avoid the " well of course ther is a way to tell if something is undead, it's rotting"
"Karl Marx: Family jewels"
"Everyone's equally less rich than me!"
Quote from: Lezard
...although I've been having so much fun failing at this I just about forgot what my original aim was.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2012, 10:24:24 pm »

on a different note we should try pricking our finger, and stealing the vitality of an insect or something, and see if it will heal the cut.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2012, 10:45:35 pm »

on a different note we should try pricking our finger, and stealing the vitality of an insect or something, and see if it will heal the cut.

YES. YES. YES. YES.

I recommend using a rock (or crystal, if we can get it) to store the vitality too. Healing crystals might... Just might.. be useful. They could be a way of necroing out every day without being too obviously a necromancer. Fill a crystal over a period of a few days, then move on to another one kinda thing.

also, we should see how long blood holds its vitality. maybe we can create a better golem by smearing it with blood before raising it.

Another thing we need to play with is fire. Fire golem? HELL YES.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2012, 11:00:46 pm »

Yeah, and if that works we could also use it to inconspicuously heal people with our necromancy.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »

Yeah, and if that works we could also use it to inconspicuously heal people with our necromancy.

Or, if we become popular, very conspicuously. That might be a way to get people who won't report us as a necromancer. Find a human with a sick child (since it seems that sick elves are rare). Heal said child with your "art". Suddenly you have someone who thinks necromancers can be ok after all.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2012, 11:12:15 pm »

or we could use it to pose as a life mage if no one want's to go the high profile route.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 07, 2012, 11:12:28 pm »

We can't risk doing Necro arts unless they prove to be truly good. I say we begin building an army, and once that other Nercomancer comes to attack our homes we march out with our forces to meet him.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 07, 2012, 11:21:42 pm »

We can't risk doing Necro arts unless they prove to be truly good. I say we begin building an army, and once that other Nercomancer comes to attack our homes we march out with our forces to meet him.
That could work, and were leaving the vale soon. I was thinking using necromantic healing more as a for the people in party thing. as for raising an army I would recommend we raise dead from underground catacombs, and usurp control of the enemy necros' zombies as well

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 07, 2012, 11:23:19 pm »

I think should not use acutally corpses of people instead ours should be made up of animals, and skeletal bodies we construct from animal bones to further prove our goodwill.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 07, 2012, 11:28:24 pm »

I think should not use acutally corpses of people instead ours should be made up of animals, and skeletal bodies we construct from animal bones to further prove our goodwill.
A golem army you say? I like it in stead of using somebodies dead ancestors witch could paint us in a negative light. we use animals and inanimate objects instead...I like it.     

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 07, 2012, 11:42:59 pm »

A golem army you say? I like it in stead of using somebodies dead ancestors witch could paint us in a negative light. we use animals and inanimate objects instead...I like it.   

How very punny.  ;)

I think we should focus on the golem route. That might be seen as more natural than the zombie army route. We need to try to figure out how to make a golem that can move. I still stand behind trying clay automatons, and possibly jointed dolls. Just see whats needed to give the thing strength.

An army of trees might be nice, too. Try raising a weed (that we left out in the sun till it died, say), and see if it can be given movement

I think, from what we've seen so far, that the creation of a golem is a different part of necromancy entirely. Remember the sadness we felt after killing the first rope golem? I wonder if we are in fact creating a sentient soul. In that light, I'd feel bad about destroying any future golems, unless it is absolutely necessary. We should hide the ones we create, now that if they are found, they will probably be blamed on one of the two known necromancers running around.

So many complicated ethics!

Are there any stories about golems? Anything to draw some understanding from? Automatons perhaps? Pinocchio? Is there any way to ask an elder if past necromancers ever made minions which were not of flesh?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 155