Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 660541 times)

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #495 on: January 26, 2012, 07:11:00 pm »

Aright then, I must have misunderstood. That does seem like a good idea, although, since he asked for 100 gp, he probably won't take 18 for it without some convincing. Mooching of our parents still seems like a good idea though and he will be more likely to accept a higher price.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #496 on: January 26, 2012, 07:13:35 pm »

I agree, mooching is an excellent idea.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 26, 2012, 07:52:45 pm »

Mooching probably wouldn't work, but what the hell, we migh a well try it.

My advice: Work your 5 days and get your 18 gold. Make friends with the merchant, he seems like a cool dude. Convince the merchant to take you with him to the Jewelled Coast, continuing your agreement. The 10 day trip to the coast will earn you a further 36 gold, for a total of 54. Attempt to convince the merchant to sell you the amulet for 25, citing how we know that it's totally not dwarven and that we think it looks more like something the goblins would make.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 26, 2012, 08:06:41 pm »

Sounds like a good idea, especially if combined with mooching.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 27, 2012, 02:06:30 am »

Guilt: "I will leave regardless of your involvement. Failing to render assistance would be neglectful."
Social Standing: "That boy said that I was plain-looking! ..."
Lie: "The college requires a fee for enrolment..."
(almost) Honesty: "I found an amulet that seems to resonate with my magical properties. I simply must have it!"
Just 'cause: "Well I was in the fair the other day... The food is obscene, but I couldn't attend the fair without eating some... I heard that there were alcoholic mana potions, not that I would have anything to do with such things... I saw the most perfect little amulet. The merchant thought that it was dwarven but it obviously wasn't. I simply must have it, can I please have 100 gold, pleeeeeease! ..."
Misfortune: "Some ruffian just accosted me in the street. They took all of my monetary resources!"
My other car: "I am going into business making mana potions, I need some funds for the initial expenses."
Fancy Dress: "The social season is approaching and I need a new outfit for formal occasions."
Moo Moo Cow Moo: "The fortune-teller said that they would curse me if I didn't pay for their broken stall."

P.S.
 Jalapeno argle flarge bake.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 27, 2012, 02:23:49 am »

Guilt: "I will leave regardless of your involvement. Failing to render assistance would be neglectful."
This... probably won't work and sounds suspicious.

Social Standing: "That boy said that I was plain-looking! ..."
This will probably result in some line about ignoring such people instead of money.

Lie: "The college requires a fee for enrolment..."
This might actually work, but we had better have everything planned out about whatever we say we need the money for.

(almost) Honesty: "I found an amulet that seems to resonate with my magical properties. I simply must have it!"
Just 'cause: "Well I was in the fair the other day... The food is obscene, but I couldn't attend the fair without eating some... I heard that there were alcoholic mana potions, not that I would have anything to do with such things... I saw the most perfect little amulet. The merchant thought that it was dwarven but it obviously wasn't. I simply must have it, can I please have 100 gold, pleeeeeease! ..."
These two might work, but only if it's easily affordable for them.

Misfortune: "Some ruffian just accosted me in the street. They took all of my monetary resources!"
Our parents probably knows that we don't have much in the way of money, so this won't get us much.

My other car: "I am going into business making mana potions, I need some funds for the initial expenses."
This could work, if it's not questioned to much.

Fancy Dress: "The social season is approaching and I need a new outfit for formal occasions."
Do elves have formal occasions?

Moo Moo Cow Moo: "The fortune-teller said that they would curse me if I didn't pay for their broken stall."
I have nothing to say about this.

For all of these, we have to consider how well it fits with out parents conception of our personality, any sudden changes will be suspicious.

Rockowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 27, 2012, 03:50:48 am »

Mooching probably wouldn't work, but what the hell, we migh a well try it.

My advice: Work your 5 days and get your 18 gold. Make friends with the merchant, he seems like a cool dude. Convince the merchant to take you with him to the Jewelled Coast, continuing your agreement. The 10 day trip to the coast will earn you a further 36 gold, for a total of 54. Attempt to convince the merchant to sell you the amulet for 25, citing how we know that it's totally not dwarven and that we think it looks more like something the goblins would make.

This, coupled with the fact that perhaps our POTION MAKING SKILL WILL INCREASE OVER TIME. Or perhaps our mana-pool or whatever. Then we could make even better potions, and as we reach higher limits then the price should increase just about exponentially near the top. We currently don't know much about the potion market, but there's no reason not to ask the merchant about the world of potion trade. You know how, universally in all trade, high-end things are always ridiculously overpriced, even if they are only somewhat better than current standards. The offer of 25 gold might be a bit bold, he IS a professional merchant. Ofcourse he'll overprice it at first and we need to start low with haggling our way up. (EDIT: And then I mean that we should try to stall getting the price up too high, you know how haggling works.) We do have two bonusses to charisma, if you know what I mean. :-X

So yeah, skill increases and so does profit. Also learn more about potion trade and such in general.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 03:59:58 am by Rockowl »

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 27, 2012, 04:09:42 am »

I say we should do the work we promised to the merchant, mooch for money off our mother with "Just 'cause" suggestion that RAM posted and try to make the merchant give us the amulet instead of money.
Edited because I changed my mind.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 08:19:31 am by Lord Allagon »
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 27, 2012, 04:20:53 am »

This, coupled with the fact that perhaps our POTION MAKING SKILL WILL INCREASE OVER TIME. Or perhaps our mana-pool or whatever. Then we could make even better potions, and as we reach higher limits then the price should increase just about exponentially near the top. We currently don't know much about the potion market, but there's no reason not to ask the merchant about the world of potion trade. You know how, universally in all trade, high-end things are always ridiculously overpriced, even if they are only somewhat better than current standards.
There's no point in making a potion that restores more mana then the mage can store.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 27, 2012, 06:26:10 am »

What is the difference between two one mana potions of half a litre volume each and a single two mana potion of one litre volume? And what happens of the two lesser potions are mixed?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 27, 2012, 06:35:21 am »

What is the difference between two one mana potions of half a litre volume each and a single two mana potion of one litre volume?
Probably nothing.

And what happens of the two lesser potions are mixed?
I guess that they would combine mana values and volumes, like normal liquids. The amount of mana is restricted by crystals not volume of liquid. I guess that means that making an extremely powerful potion and spiting it before we sell it will allow us to effectively make smaller mana potions for less effort if it increases profit and makes buying extremely powerful mana potions worthwhile. Oops.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 27, 2012, 06:40:51 am »

I would like to specifically advise against the Honesty option. We really don't want anybody to think too much about us and doing magic. Let people think that we've got lots of mana, but are otherwise mostly talentless and that we're going into the potions trade in order to make the best use of out talents.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 27, 2012, 06:53:18 am »

I would like to specifically advise against the Honesty option. We really don't want anybody to think too much about us and doing magic. Let people think that we've got lots of mana, but are otherwise mostly talentless and that we're going into the potions trade in order to make the best use of out talents.
Putting my vote down for this.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 27, 2012, 08:20:12 am »

Putting my vote down for this.
Seconded.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 27, 2012, 08:26:09 am »

I put in my vote for trying to persuade the merchant to give us the amulet instead of payment, although we should prepare a coprehensive argument over why it would be more profitable for him to give us the amulet, possibly pointing out that it's obviously not dwarven?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 155