Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 664225 times)

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #525 on: January 28, 2012, 11:18:56 am »

I was thinking with how we had to slow down the rate at which we released our mana to make the mana potion have a more of a 2:1 ratio maybe we can do the same thing with the vitality we get from steal vitality, we can try releasing it slower and see if that makes a difference in the apparent 3:1 ratio we have now.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 28, 2012, 11:29:37 am »

I was thinking with how we had to slow down the rate at which we released our mana to make the mana potion have a more of a 2:1 ratio maybe we can do the same thing with the vitality we get from steal vitality, we can try releasing it slower and see if that makes a difference in the apparent 3:1 ratio we have now.
Sounds a good idea as well.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 28, 2012, 04:56:44 pm »

Sounds a good idea as well.
But all of these experiments should probably be saved for after we have built up a good pile of money doing it the normal way, whether for the amulet or other purposes.  In case it horribly flops. 
One possibility is to wait until we get more mana to and continue normally, and do said experiments with the new extra mana.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 28, 2012, 05:21:00 pm »

Yeah. All this is to be left after the caravan departs or we get more mana.
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 28, 2012, 05:29:52 pm »

I just got an idea, couldn't we use the same way we make a Mana Potion to make a Health potion by slowly putting Vitality into a crystal?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 28, 2012, 05:44:46 pm »

I just got an idea, couldn't we use the same way we make a Mana Potion to make a Health potion by slowly putting Vitality into a crystal?
A good suggestion, but it's already been suggested.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 30, 2012, 04:51:16 pm »

And I think the above "figure out a way to get vitality more efficiently" would probably be a good start too.

At some point, we should buy an animal of some sort, steal vitality (as little as possible) and see how long it takes to recover. If we ever have to drain ourself to perform emergency lifesaving maneuvers on someone, we want to make sure it won't cause lasting damage. And it's probably a decent spell to practice - we could make an awfully good (and simultaneously quite humane) hunter with it, since the process could conceivably be significantly less painful than an arrow to the knee.

We should also try using stolen vitality to make more mana potions in a day - we know vitality converts to mana, at the very least we could drain our health and then use the vitality to heal ourselves.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 31, 2012, 06:17:58 am »

OK, do we know what we're going to do right now?
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Kitten Snot

• Bay Watcher
  • In need of literary skill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 31, 2012, 12:57:32 pm »

Yeah lets try the vitality thing.
I make stories and sometimes people like them.
Well, they did that once.
I think.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 31, 2012, 03:21:28 pm »

After we wrap up the potion making that is.

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 31, 2012, 04:27:15 pm »

Yeah wrap up potion making, I was only suggesting the vitality experiment for later when we actually have free time and mana. What I think we should do is get to know the shopkeeper and try to get the amulet. We can forfeit our wages so he would make about 25 gold off the potions minimum. We can also use the fact that he will probably get more for the potions then the minimum, after we do that we can use the mana potion we already have to sweeten the deal as well as any money we mooch.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 02, 2012, 02:28:32 am »

So, looks like the current course of action is "MOOOOCH," "Meet with Elders," "Meet Elana hopefully," and "Negotiate with merchant." I will note that 100 gold is a lot of money- your parents are fairly well off, being public servants and all, but that's still like four month's pay even before you consider a fair amount of their compensation is in the form of food/housing.
I think this is pretty accurate, although we might want to switch the mooching and meeting with the Elders because of this:
As far as mooching goes - that's part of why I want to see the council. IF they turn us done, we act depressed and mopey and use THAT as an opportunity to guilt our mother into helping us buy us a piece of jewellery we really want but can't afford.

IF they decide to let us go, ask her for the money for the trip to help us come home safely.

BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Owly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 02, 2012, 07:01:26 pm »

How do we know that this amulet even is a necromantic artifact? It could even be, say, a cursed item powered by necromancy that drains life from its wearer. We have to face it, we know very little about necromancy and its possibilities. I advise that we attempt to refine our necromantic sight and identify it somehow. If that is too risky, we could send in a small undead animal and see if we can use our necromantic sight through it.
!!Emergency Irrigation!!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #538 on: February 02, 2012, 07:04:43 pm »

How do we know that this amulet even is a necromantic artifact? It could even be, say, a cursed item powered by necromancy that drains life from its wearer. We have to face it, we know very little about necromancy and its possibilities. I advise that we attempt to refine our necromantic sight and identify it somehow. If that is too risky, we could send in a small undead animal and see if we can use our necromantic sight through it.
We don't know anything other than it's got a necromantic aura, which is why I suggested we handle it with extreme caution. No matter what it is we can learn something from it though.

Owly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 02, 2012, 07:10:47 pm »

What if the amulet actually has no powers and is only a trap created by either another necromancer or some authority to root out novice necromancers? We could be revealed the moment we set our hands on that thing.
!!Emergency Irrigation!!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 155