Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656648 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer!
« Reply #615 on: February 26, 2012, 12:47:35 am »

Oh, and I should add - talk to merchant, tell him you're glad you could help him turn such a tidy profit on the artifact. You hope it alleviates in part an unfortunate change of circumstance that means you won't be able to stay out the week after all.

Spend a large bulk of our profits on more mana crystals. We'll need this for our future income stream, and experiments. In fact, it might be worth it to spend ALL of it on mana crystals (and a couple containers, obviously)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 26, 2012, 12:49:56 am »

Sounds good to me, although we should probably have a contingency plan for if Omo does not react peacefully, we obviously do not want to commit murder, so if he doesn't like the sound of it what are we going to do?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 26, 2012, 12:51:28 am »

Trust our friend not to outright kill us. Make sure he knows that capturing and returning with us is still killing us.

Make no aggressive moves - nothing to escalate the situation, beyond that.

If he wishes to leave and tell them, let him.

Then we will run.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that, though.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 26, 2012, 12:55:12 am »

Sounds good to me.  We should make sure that we have supplies ready to go in case of this.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 26, 2012, 03:08:35 am »

Posting to watch,
though i have never really been one for suggesting stuff in these games just love the stories.

speaking of which monk, you should consider getting a free blog somewhere and compiling your finished forum games into 'books' of a sort. with a link to the topic for those who like reading others comments as well.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 26, 2012, 12:27:45 pm »

We should try more with golems. I think it would look much better to display our power through a tiny clay man than through an animated corpse.
And golems are awesome in the long run anyway.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 26, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »

We should try more with golems. I think it would look much better to display our power through a tiny clay man than through an animated corpse.
This is very much true. In fact, if we become sufficently skilled at animating golems, we could stand a fair chance of just glossing over the whole "I'm a necromancer" thing entirely until people have already accepted us.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #622 on: February 26, 2012, 01:02:48 pm »

I think we should time skip to the end of the fair. The intervening time should be used to get our potion money, prepare to leave, and to do a lot of studying. See if we can find any books on the history of necromancy, practice of magic, general magic spells, etc.

This is very much true. In fact, if we become sufficently skilled at animating golems, we could stand a fair chance of just glossing over the whole "I'm a necromancer" thing entirely until people have already accepted us.

and this, for later.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 26, 2012, 01:56:35 pm »

Let's go toward the evil area, not the Jeweled Coast. I want to see that place more !

And if we go ahead and reveal our secret to Omo, it might be good to know a little more about where he stand before that. Innocently chatting about all that necromancer war that close the borders, and the pirate king, and all that, might bring us some information about what he think of necromancy, and whether or not he's likely to turn against us if we reveal him our secret.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 26, 2012, 01:59:39 pm »

I suggest you DON'T animate the corpse he brings back, as there are a thousand ways it could go wrong. In any matter, a dead creature coming to life is very traumatic to an Elf, by any assumption, so it'd be a bad idea.

I go with just informing in a friendly manner, and if the GM figures it can be done, animating some sort of small golem.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #625 on: February 26, 2012, 02:08:09 pm »

definitely the Golem route, that should freak him out considerably less. As for destination, I say Thrimesdur. Those libraries should be useful, and we can probably learn some stuff from that other necromancer - perhaps even begin taking little bits out of his forces, Guerilla style.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 26, 2012, 02:18:57 pm »

definitely the Golem route, that should freak him out considerably less. As for destination, I say Thrimesdur. Those libraries should be useful, and we can probably learn some stuff from that other necromancer - perhaps even begin taking little bits out of his forces, Guerilla style.

Agreed.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 26, 2012, 02:25:10 pm »

Agreed it would definitely also be good time to see the effectiveness of golem vs. undead, assuming that we are in such a position to try such a thing.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 26, 2012, 02:26:53 pm »

I can't remember anymore, but are there still Dwarves around? I'd figure if we team up with a Dwarf engineer we can animate metal/stone golems crafted by Dwarves, and wipe out the Necro army like that. Unite the humans, dwarves and elves against the necro armies and wipe them the f- out. An interesting late-game idea I thought up randomly. :)

The Alchemist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 26, 2012, 02:43:17 pm »

I can't remember anymore, but are there still Dwarves around? I'd figure if we team up with a Dwarf engineer we can animate metal/stone golems crafted by Dwarves, and wipe out the Necro army like that. Unite the humans, dwarves and elves against the necro armies and wipe them the f- out. An interesting late-game idea I thought up randomly. :)
Yes I do believe that the dwarves are still around and I'm pretty sure they are near the Elven Homeland, pretty convenient if we're going that route I must say.
Well...we're both drowning, he was drunk the whole time...this was a success!
- Me after completing a game of Red November.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 155