Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656803 times)

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Part 26
« Reply #960 on: April 01, 2012, 01:12:41 am »

Anyone else notice that both the necromancers are from places that produce magic crystals? I'm thinking that if they have any sense they are going to try to keep them to themselves, making it hard for us to get mana potions in the future.

Also, we should only tell Omo when we are out of the city, I don't fancy the prospect of him freaking out and bringing a lynch mob down on us.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 01, 2012, 06:50:50 am »

The pirate king would certainly try to control mana crystal supplies, but Nightroar isn't exactly an economist. he just overruns places with zombies, he doesn't try to control them.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 01, 2012, 07:24:18 am »

The pirate king is more a political power, using his magical ability more supportive to his other skills.
Nightroar is a roaring idiot, raising dead people and more or less drowning in his own importance. A big egotripper waiting to blow up because he takes on too much.

And then there is Nym. ;)
Careful, experimental, looking for the light side in the dark arts. And as of yet totally unknown, which is good.
We can prepare for them, they cannot prepare for us. And I doubt Nightroar would be doing much preparations anyway. But the pirate king will prepare as soon as he hears something about us. Wether his preparations are adequate, are a totally different story. After all, we are already focussing on out-of-the-box thinking and exploring other aspects of our magic. For all they know, we are not necromancers but a new type of mage altogether. It might also be beneficial if we could indeed eventually profile ourselves as mages, not as necromancers.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 01, 2012, 08:05:49 am »

It's not the pirate king's magic abilities that worry me most, it's their living resources. Curo could only send zombies at us, and necromantic sight would let us avoid them. If the king hears about us, we might not know until a perfectly normal human poisons our lunch.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 01, 2012, 08:31:33 am »

idea claim our magic is a new magic or old one called conderion that can be used to make goliems and enchant items
other necromancers could under extermate (damm i need that spellcheck thing) and raseing a bunch of zombies behind him would be epic
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 01, 2012, 11:13:31 am »

Oh look, we're straying off-topic again. :P

I don't really like the idea of lying outright, since it's unlikely that golems are really a new thing. We've essentially reinvented the wheel here. It'd take just one mage researching the necromancers of old in order to figure out how to kill the new ones stumbling over a mention of those necromancers using animated objects to tear the ruse apart. I suggest that we just don't say anything about it. If someone asks, tell them we don't know what kind of magic it is- that should be much harder to prove false. Plus, I just don't like the idea of lying in general. We've got to spread some falsehoods just to survive, but I'd rather we kept them it to a minimum.

As for on-topic stuff, is everyone agreed that we should stay overnight in Larathor and leave in the morning?
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 01, 2012, 01:44:39 pm »

As for on-topic stuff, is everyone agreed that we should stay overnight in Larathor and leave in the morning?
+1
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 01, 2012, 04:47:51 pm »

+1
+2

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: April 01, 2012, 04:57:58 pm »

As long the Rangers aren't coming for us.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: April 01, 2012, 05:06:58 pm »

As long the Rangers aren't coming for us.
I think we have least a day before they do, if they do at all.

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 01, 2012, 05:10:56 pm »

Nothing more exciting then a flee scene from some inn. ;-)
Every good story has such a scene in it.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 01, 2012, 05:56:07 pm »

+1
+2
+3
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 01, 2012, 06:10:41 pm »

all agreed lets have a turn its been too long
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 01, 2012, 06:32:38 pm »

Patience young grasshopper, the update will come when it will come.

And it will come eventually.

Monk is not Darkerdark.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 02, 2012, 10:23:01 pm »

Patience young grasshopper, the update will come when it will come.

And it will come eventually.

Monk is not Darkerdark.
I hope so.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 155