Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656607 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-2
« Reply #1035 on: April 16, 2012, 12:38:49 am »

For a few copper, you buy a short length of rough, plain
white wool cloth, and cut it into wide strips for use as headbands.

Somebody had to link it:

As to which way to go, The shaken forest looks to be relatively small and the road leading south out of Atkilpeme curves west around it. We should simply be able to go south to the intersection, then east to that road. That way we completely avoid all the dangerous things.

However...before we decide:

Quick price check on horses

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 16, 2012, 12:43:38 am »

Seems like native fauna might be very useful for transportation, in the long run. The lobster wolf seems kind of slow. maybe we'll come across a predator, something that slithers or crawls faster and quieter than any machine through the damp canopies, or across the broad plains.

I would check the price of horses, but I wouldn't rely on them. Horses are often fragile things on alien planets. I speak from experience here.

EDIT: oh whoops. I think this post went on the wrong Topic. XD
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:47:34 am by Cellmonk »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 16, 2012, 12:46:19 am »

seems best to head south or north, if an undead horde attacks us, were probably fucked.
also, we CANNOT wait that long to tell him, every day we wait just adds to the chance of him being angry for us not telling him.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 16, 2012, 12:49:57 am »

seems best to head south or north, if an undead horde attacks us, were probably fucked.
also, we CANNOT wait that long to tell him, every day we wait just adds to the chance of him being angry for us not telling him.
Seconded. Preference goes to South, because we might be able to control the ghosts.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: April 16, 2012, 01:07:14 am »

I would check the price of horses, but I wouldn't rely on them.
Horses are often fragile things on alien planets.

If they die, we then have undead mounts. What's the problem?

Draigh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: April 16, 2012, 01:48:29 am »

My first gut impression was "I like that forest, sounds spooky. Can we explore that one first?"
So my vote would be to go through the forest.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 16, 2012, 01:52:00 am »

Go check the horse prices and get mounted if the price is at all reasonable. Ride on until out of sight of town, then stop and tell Omo what we need to tell him. If all goes well, he won't freak and we'll have time to go to the first village on our route and stop for the night. The next day, we ride on to the third village and detour south through the haunted forest. Sound good?

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 16, 2012, 02:16:33 am »

Go check the horse prices and get mounted if the price is at all reasonable. Ride on until out of sight of town, then stop and tell Omo what we need to tell him. If all goes well, he won't freak and we'll have time to go to the first village on our route and stop for the night. The next day, we ride on to the third village and detour south through the haunted forest. Sound good?

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: April 16, 2012, 03:25:55 am »

south through the haunted forest

What's the benefit of deliberately going through the forest rather than simply following the road around it?

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 16, 2012, 03:32:47 am »

south through the haunted forest

What's the benefit of deliberately going through the forest rather than simply following the road around it?
A shorter journey.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: April 16, 2012, 03:41:45 am »

A shorter journey.

Only as the crow flies. They make roads for a reason. If we wanted the most direct path we'd go through the zombies, but I don't see anyone suggesting that.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 16, 2012, 05:02:50 am »

Straight through the zombies might be the easier option unless the necromancer is actually around to lead them, but it have the disadvantage of telling a potential enemy of our existence too soon. The southern forest is a bit of a gamble, if our powers work well against whatever inhabits there it'll likely be relatively easy, otherwise, "oh crap". The hills are pretty much the certainty. We know what we'll likely face and that's pretty much it.

I'd vote for the forest or the hills, ideally the forest, unless we discover problematic info about it.

On a sidenote: I'm actually a bit curious about what place necromancers fit in "The Plan", and what posture the religion have about them in general (instead of the ones are sending hordes of zombies against the cities of their parish.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: April 16, 2012, 07:05:51 am »

I say south. It is a forest, we are elves. Given that the locals are spooked, we should stick to the edge if we can, but stay close enough to seek refuge inside the forest without being seen. And we still haven't mentioned to Omo that we have an important secret to tell them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 16, 2012, 08:04:04 am »

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
I say south. It is a forest, we are elves. Given that the locals are spooked, we should stick to the edge if we can, but stay close enough to seek refuge inside the forest without being seen. And we still haven't mentioned to Omo that we have an important secret to tell them...

+1
On a sidenote: I'm actually a bit curious about what place necromancers fit in "The Plan", and what posture the religion have about them in general (instead of the ones are sending hordes of zombies against the cities of their parish.

+1
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:32:15 am by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 16, 2012, 09:49:03 am »

Forest! A haunted forest will make us being a benevolent necromancer not only useful, but child's-play compared to the true evils that lurk out in the world.

North would be interesting, but we'd be screwed if we encountered goblins. A helpess
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 155