Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656636 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-5
« Reply #1230 on: October 15, 2012, 07:17:58 pm »

Why? Why do we need to tell her where we are? I gave a perfect excuse for why we would be unwilling to do so, even if we "ally" with him.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: October 16, 2012, 06:08:01 am »

If we do get some sort of play-along with the other necromancers, I suggest we remain careful - playing trickery and backstabbing games is a slippery slope toward "becoming the monster we fight" or trying to be good and ending up as an untrustworthy politician. Other than that, I like the idea.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 16, 2012, 08:26:49 am »

I would rather not deceive these folk, secretive, yes, but not outright deceptive. Although, if we can figure out how to get back here then we can drop by every so often and spy on them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 16, 2012, 09:41:55 am »

If we do get some sort of play-along with the other necromancers, I suggest we remain careful - playing trickery and backstabbing games is a slippery slope toward "becoming the monster we fight" or trying to be good and ending up as an untrustworthy politician. Other than that, I like the idea.

We'll not do much good if a) we're dead and b) everyone else is dead.

But make sure to tell everything we can to Omo in the morning of this event - Full transparency. Let him know we're relying on him to be our conscious as we descend into this political powder keg.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 16, 2012, 01:07:15 pm »

I personally vote for telling her we have no interest in joining with the likes of Curo, that we just want to try and live life as normally as possible.  They might still teach us hoping to change our mind, but I have no desire to fly to close to the sun and then fall, burned by lust for knowledge and power.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 16, 2012, 01:17:23 pm »

Have you listened to what he's said? Have you looked at the state of the world we live in?

Our character doesn't want to live as normally as possible, and it would be impossible if we did. The world is in dire straights. No, we want to do some good, and the biggest threat to us ever living normally is the guy in front of us - the guy offering us the weapons we'll need to ever have a hope of holding him off, offering us the tools we'll need to reclaim our lands, offering us the power to protect our peoplea, in his greed offering us his own downfall, and you would turn him down and run away?

We are not evil, no, but we are not cowards. This isn't lust, it's necessity.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 16, 2012, 01:30:24 pm »

I disagree.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 16, 2012, 02:57:39 pm »

With which part, in particular? With our goal to return the ancient elven lands to life? With the knowledge offered here being potentially useful towards that end? With the fact that if we do not ally with them they are quite likely to see us as a threat to be eliminated?

I'm honestly completely unsure of just what just what you disagree with about the assessments I've offered.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 16, 2012, 03:41:12 pm »

That the power they offer us at all can be used towards any good effect at all.  We do not wish to sink to the depths that they have, and they all fell prey to the same Death God's allure.  No, we should not associate with this Death God at all lest we fall under the same sway.  I find it very likely that the power he is offering is corrosive to the very soul, why else would every necromancer try the same ploy.  No, we do not need his corrosive power, we will find a way to use our powers for good, not use whatever soul-stealing powers given to us by a God who does not have our wishes at heart.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 16, 2012, 03:45:41 pm »

I think we should ask Omo, as the only nearest elf, if he knows of any Elven death-god, after explaining our little dream-venture to him.

As well, if we visit the dwarves, ask any dwarven priest of any dwarven death-god, as well as the next trust-worthy-seeming human priest about their gods of death.

Find out if any of those three are Morka, and if any of those death-gods seem more in-line with our goals.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 16, 2012, 04:03:10 pm »

Which brings up the question of our cover story - I think we should portray ourselves as a kind of historian, researching necromancers and necromancy, hoping to discover weaknesses and the like to bring back to our homeland to fight the threat.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1241 on: October 16, 2012, 06:12:53 pm »

answer a question for a question by telling us how we got our powers  then ask if we die in dream skate do we die in real life

or if no one agrees to the last part ask how does necromancy manifest  other then that i dont know.  :-\
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #1242 on: October 16, 2012, 07:17:15 pm »

any thoughts on this?   :-\

EDIT: double posted  :-[
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:23:26 pm by wer6 »
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 16, 2012, 07:20:49 pm »

Our character doesn't want to live as normally as possible, and it would be impossible if we did.

While this is true, there's no particular reason why we shouldn't claim that we want to live in peace and have a normal life, especially since that's the guise that is most likely to get us out of this alive.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 17, 2012, 01:58:30 am »

Which brings up the question of our cover story - I think we should portray ourselves as a kind of historian, researching necromancers and necromancy, hoping to discover weaknesses and the like to bring back to our homeland to fight the threat.

I think we're already doing that (but it's been a while).
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 155