Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 661214 times)

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-7
« Reply #1290 on: November 25, 2012, 11:04:51 pm »

Hmm, I need to sleep over it to really propose a new plan, but so far, I'd say, yeah, let's try to find the kids, but don't take too many risks. We are not used to dealing with Undead yet, so we might as well just make ourselves victims instead of actually helping anyone. Some investigation on those wards might as well be merited. It might actually be a thing, but too weak against the undeads that attacked or they might not work at all for a number of different reasons, from he's well intentioned but deluded, passing through he making fake wards to gain power to him being in collusion with the necromancer. Remember to be careful either way.

About the experiments, at our current mana, expend maybe 4 points, and the rest when just before we go to sleep. Alternatively, if in specially dangerous areas, expend it only before bed, and possibly not expend it all.
+1, also, be subtle with our necromancy usage if we do fight undead. No purple lazors if we don't have to.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 25, 2012, 11:10:34 pm »

I think we should ask the priest a little about wards, just to get a general idea of what they're SUPPOSED to do. Would they destroy our undead, or just turn them away? Will we -know- a ward is there but we can't get through it, or would we not even know that the ward exists and that there is something there, a la Hogwarts?

After that, we go with Omo and practice controlling feral/otherNecro undead, whichever these guys turn out to be. Small groups only, though. One or two to start until we get a hang of it, and avoid the larger troupes.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 25, 2012, 11:39:48 pm »

I vote we go with Omo. Splitting up is never a good idea.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 25, 2012, 11:59:29 pm »

Plus we can tell Omo where the zombies are and help avoid the larger groups by using our necro-sight
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 26, 2012, 02:34:24 am »

Yeah, I think we've all seen plenty of instances of
Person A: "oh my god there are monsters"
Person B: "then lets split up so we can get more done"
and their rather bloody outcomes. We can't afford to lose Omo now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 26, 2012, 03:34:08 am »

+1
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 26, 2012, 03:35:52 am »

In the words of a certain group of doomed elves... thiiiiis.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 26, 2012, 03:53:25 am »

Man, it's been awhile since I read this! Still enjoying it!

And yes, go with Omo. He'll need our help incase he runs into zombies. Just make sure that they don't look at us, their masters could be watching!

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 26, 2012, 10:08:57 am »

Well, yeah, of course. No matter what we do we should go with Omo. If we ask for the priest about the wards now, ask for Omo to wait a bit before going searching, so you can get more information about the situation. Going in blind is always a bad idea.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 26, 2012, 10:36:41 am »

Well, yeah, of course. No matter what we do we should go with Omo. If we ask for the priest about the wards now, ask for Omo to wait a bit before going searching, so you can get more information about the situation. Going in blind is always a bad idea.
+1
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 26, 2012, 12:22:32 pm »

I agree. Finding out more about these wards would be very useful. Let's hope they aren't triggered if we, as a necromancer, come near or cross them...

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 26, 2012, 05:00:37 pm »

+1
+2
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1302 on: November 26, 2012, 05:44:48 pm »

+1
+2
+3

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 26, 2012, 05:49:10 pm »

I can has update?!?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 26, 2012, 09:24:22 pm »

Tracking people down can be somewhat time-critical, and I suspect that we should depart with Omo immediately. Afterwards there may well be an opportunity to pose as a student Who is fascinated by the wards' failure and wishes to know more about them...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 155