Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 660202 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-9
« Reply #1350 on: December 06, 2012, 07:57:52 am »

We could also tty to overbuff a zombie.
Is there a max to the amount of vitality a zombie can have? And what happens if a zombie gets a lot of vitality?

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 06, 2012, 10:04:34 am »

command the zombie to self terminate to get rid of another experiment

This. We don't really have the leisure to take our time and play with our zombie right now, so let's get rid of him and of an experiment at the same time.

Then find the children. With a haunted forest we might have other, new and scary, opportunities to test our skills too.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 06, 2012, 10:19:09 am »

Did we ever figure out how to do that?  Last I recall, we couldn't actually kill a zombie with Command Undead.

Unless you just want it to beat itself to death, but then why not just command it to stand still while we get a little combat practice with that hatchet on it?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 06, 2012, 10:41:52 am »

Just command the zombie to kill itself who knows it might just instantly die or it might have the vitality suddenly come out or it might explode so we should stand back a bit and if it just starts trying to bash itself to death then we can look for the kids as it does that much quicker than trying anything elsen
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: December 06, 2012, 11:07:46 am »

Did we ever figure out how to do that?  Last I recall, we couldn't actually kill a zombie with Command Undead.

Unless you just want it to beat itself to death, but then why not just command it to stand still while we get a little combat practice with that hatchet on it?

IIRC, we don't know how to do that, and we don't really know what a "terminate yourself" command would do. We do have an occasion to figure out, and a zombie to get rid of. Trying it and see what happens was something we wanted to do.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1355 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:32 pm »

Command the zombie to self terminate and then bandage up Omo's wound. If the zombie won't kill itself, have it lie down and then help Omo beat the crap out of it. Then try and scan the forest very thoroughly for any kind of necromantic or otherwise magical traces. Then keep looking for the kids.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 12:35:08 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 06, 2012, 02:53:47 pm »

Quote from: Chapter 1, Part 16
You move into the bushes by the side of the road, out of sight of passerby. Composing yourself, you cast Command Undead- it's easier now that you've practiced, and you command one of the minnows. You command, Die, but no response. Cease, Still, End, Self-Terminate... no luck.

Sorry, my bad, I didn't properly update the "planned experiments" tab. That should all be square now, and I've added in the recently proposed experiments. Note that you've just tried to "will" a zombie to death, and have not ordered it to, say, jump off a cliff or something physically suicidal like that. Carry on!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1357 on: December 06, 2012, 03:04:32 pm »

well, okay then. We could try and refine our Impair Undead spell into a true Destroy Undead spell, or we could save our mana and just kill the zombie.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 06, 2012, 03:43:12 pm »

We still don't know the location of the kids yet, we made need the mana and a Destroy Undead spell can be practiced just as easily on our own creations as it can be on this thing.  I say we just have the thing stand still and cut off its head, then go search for the kids in the forest.

Or alternatively, have the zombie walk past the tree line before us after we make sure that the kids aren't withing sight range.  This would test if there's any specific reason why they aren't entering like an insta-death field of some sort.   If the undead can't enter for some reason it could be used as shelter for the village people.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1359 on: December 06, 2012, 05:15:44 pm »

Have it lay down, so that if it rejects our control it'll be in a disadvantageous position.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: December 06, 2012, 05:35:57 pm »

Take this chance to more carefully examine the zombie up close before we do

We still don't know the location of the kids yet, we made need the mana and a Destroy Undead spell can be practiced just as easily on our own creations as it can be on this thing.  I say we just have the thing stand still and cut off its head, then go search for the kids in the forest.

Or alternatively, have the zombie walk past the tree line before us after we make sure that the kids aren't withing sight range.  This would test if there's any specific reason why they aren't entering like an insta-death field of some sort.   If the undead can't enter for some reason it could be used as shelter for the village people.

This.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 06, 2012, 06:29:21 pm »

First priority!!!!

The cold hand of the zombie scratches a furrow down Omo's arm

Magically inspect Omo and his injury for traces of necromancy

We don't yet know know if it's contractible. Is the magic effect contagious? Do humans killed by zombies become zombies?  Is transfer of fluids enough? We need to know, and if there are any necromantic traces left in Omo's injury Get it out.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: December 06, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »

well, okay then. We could try and refine our Impair Undead spell into a true Destroy Undead spell, or we could save our mana and just kill the zombie.
Maybe later. Right now a hatchet to the head should be better. Order it not to move nor resist. That, or order it to bash itself on the head. We can try to refine the spell once we are in a more controlled situation.

First priority!!!!

The cold hand of the zombie scratches a furrow down Omo's arm

Magically inspect Omo and his injury for traces of necromancy

We don't yet know know if it's contractible. Is the magic effect contagious? Do humans killed by zombies become zombies?  Is transfer of fluids enough? We need to know, and if there are any necromantic traces left in Omo's injury Get it out.
It shouldn't be, considering that there wasn't a complete zombie apocalypse yet, so most likely it's not contagious, at least not to that extent. There's also the fact that animating a zombie seems to require energy that other zombies can't provide. But it shouldn't take more than a minute to check his wounds for traces of necromancy with our expanded senses. But honestly, at most he's in danger of an infection if it is not cleaned once we have the time.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 06, 2012, 10:42:04 pm »

Good catch, I forgot about that.

We should definitely check Omo's injury immediately, but I don't think that we have much to worry about.  These are almost certainly  good old raised corpses, not the modern viral zombie fad.  All the same, I wouldn't put it past whichever necromancer we're facing to develop some sort of spell that makes injuries fester via the draining of vitality or something similar.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 06, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »

I wouldn't put it past whichever necromancer we're facing to develop some sort of spell that makes injuries fester via the draining of vitality or something similar.
I don't think nightroar would be subtle enough for that based on his current tatics of copy all others necromancers and send in a large amount of zombies
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 155