Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 664189 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-16
« Reply #1560 on: April 07, 2013, 03:13:48 pm »

I think we should study animals for souls. Either we'll find something there, we won't find something there and can notice the difference in a sentient being, or we won't get anything out of it at all. Either way it seems more ethical than just going straight to sentient beings and possibly screwing them up through our ignorance.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 07, 2013, 07:23:50 pm »

I am not sure exactly how it works, but I suspect that at least dogs, cats, and bats are all capable of scouting as effectively as more civilised animals. To the best of my knowledge the methods behind this were never explained, so it is possible that magic was heavily involved in this feat. It is also possible that they are capable of lodging an official protest against being used for magical experimentation...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 11, 2013, 09:15:36 pm »

Just caught up. This isn't relevant at the moment, but here's my theory on golems:

So far, we have been able to control dead things, but not things that were never alive. My first theory is that we need to alter the body to make it capable of automation. Without alteration, the reanimated thing is only capable of what it was capable of when it was alive (nothing). However, my more thoughtful and philisophical theory is that in order to raise the dead, it has to have been alive. In other words, we would need live magic in combination with death magic.

Btw from my understanding, the main love interest is a girl. And the main character, whose gender was decided after that of the main love interest, is female.... I can dig that.

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 11, 2013, 10:41:19 pm »

Btw from my understanding, the main love interest is a girl. And the main character, whose gender was decided after that of the main love interest, is female.... I can dig that.

I ship it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:00:24 pm by Deep Waters »
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 12, 2013, 02:19:12 am »

I was under the impression that, insofar as we have a main love interest, it's Omo.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 12, 2013, 02:32:22 am »

There was the elf girl back at the village, who was basically the main love interest, but is now, basically, in permanent residence in a country that is likely to kill us if we enter it, so the options there are somewhat subdued...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1566 on: April 12, 2013, 12:48:01 pm »

There was the elf girl back at the village, who was basically the main love interest, but is now, basically, in permanent residence in a country that is likely to kill us if we enter it, so the options there are somewhat subdued...
All we need is a means of communication (maybe we can make a cute golem bird and say it was made by dwarves or maybe we can go to her dreams like that necromancer did to us) and she can go from "Somebody that I used to know" to "Informant". And what's more romantic then exchanging secret messages that can save someone's life? Maybe she can even use the libraries there and her extensive life magic knowledge to help us with our "What is a soul and how do I use it?" problem. And if we discover something important about the necromancer army, she can inform the elven government, or at least warn some people she trusts. And it would be a great hook for a "Meanwhile, back home..." sidestory.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:51:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

Deep Waters

• Bay Watcher
  • earth does break the things that we make
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 12, 2013, 05:02:14 pm »

I was under the impression that, insofar as we have a main love interest, it's Omo.

I ship it pale.

They wouldn't kill us. Not unless they found out we were a necromancer, which isn't guaranteed; even then, with Omo's help and some fast talking, we'd probably just be imprisoned for a while instead of outright executed.

All we need is a means of communication (maybe we can make a cute golem bird and say it was made by dwarves or maybe we can go to her dreams like that necromancer did to us) and she can go from "Somebody that I used to know" to "Informant". And what's more romantic then exchanging secret messages that can save someone's life? Maybe she can even use the libraries there and her extensive life magic knowledge to help us with our "What is a soul and how do I use it?" problem. And if we discover something important about the necromancer army, she can inform the elven government, or at least warn some people she trusts. And it would be a great hook for a "Meanwhile, back home..." sidestory.

I support this idea and it has nothing to do with the fact that I ship them.
[23:14:34] <GameMaster> And so (...) a one-armed dwarf and a mage wearing a blanket walk into a tomb.
[23:14:42] <GameMaster> Sadly, that isn't a joke.

[20:42:03] <HailFire> our wizard tower just got smoked by projectile cats from space

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1568 on: April 13, 2013, 09:20:57 am »

Hmmm... So, it's either choose the cute scholar mage girl or the cool fun soldier guy? This is Mass Effect 1 all over again.

Anyway, have we decided what we're going to do this day, as opposed to our wedding day? Are we going to perform any experiments?

Not that I'm suggesting we get married in the forseeable future, Nym's too young for that. Do elves even GET married?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 09:30:47 am by Parisbre56 »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 13, 2013, 12:52:23 pm »

No, it's a hive structure. The Queen elf takes the strongest male elf and spawns a brood every 10 years.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1570 on: April 13, 2013, 01:48:53 pm »

Oh, so that's how they always end up overrunning my worldgens. Too bad Nym is infertile, she would make a great necromancer hive queen.

While wondering whether or not fetuses count as living or dead I thought of an interesting experiment. Our necromantic powers seem to work by creating magical structures that hijack (in the case of zombies) and augment (in the case of golems) preexisting physical structures. We saw how necromantic energy took over the zombie's body, creating a primitive neural network and muscle system to supplement the corpse's decaying one.

Would it be possible to create those structures in a living body or would the body's soul and life energy counteract our necrimantic energy? If it is possible to create necromantic structures in the bodies of the living, we could use those structures to enhance the living (creating the equivelant of vampires, living undead) and control their bodies and minds (create thralls). Although this should probably be used only with volunteers, animals or as a last resort, since Nym is a good girl... so far.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 15, 2013, 04:37:08 am »

i say we stay good. there are already at least 2 evil necros about. i say we stay good and get the good races on our side and open a can of whoop-ass on the other necros.

after all, in this world, necromancy is a type of life magic. i wouldn't say it was unusual an elf became a necro.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 15, 2013, 06:28:53 am »

I have the idea that their is the same amount of necros around as other mages they just hide it well or maybe go to a hidden village to live in peace.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 16, 2013, 02:37:06 am »

I have the idea that their is the same amount of necros around as other mages they just hide it well or maybe go to a hidden village to live in peace.
this isnt naruto.

And history has already stated that if there is a necro, chances are they will make it known to the world by acting like complete douchebags.

we are the exception, not the rule.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 16, 2013, 05:33:41 am »

Also, the necromancers were pretty much exterminated a while back, so it makes sense that their numbers would be thinned...
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 155