Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 663897 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-32
« Reply #2100 on: July 20, 2015, 12:39:47 pm »

I wouldn't fight it if we wanted to tell Eko now. They are much more experienced than us and we could use all the help with the theory here that we can get.
Yeah. We're gonna have to tell him eventually, and I'm pretty sure he at least suspects something's up, though he might think it's just Life magic. We should be gentle about it, though.

Agreed. Ideally we wouldn't, but he's going to find out eventually and we really don't want to risk him just keeping it to himself until he can tell Bale and the rest of the Imperial Cavalrymen back in town about us. He'll certainly be less than thrilled though, think of how Omo reacted and we've known him our whole life. We've also got to remember that he probably isn't going to be a permanent party member, he's still got his duties as the village priest to attend to after all.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 20, 2015, 05:33:53 pm »

Something weird is going on here. Eko claims his temple was protected by a Sanctuary, which should have prevented any necromancer from entering. Yet we entered just fine. So either Monk made a mistake, or some necromancers can pass unopposed through a Sanctuary wall.

I can confirm there was no error. The explanation for the discrepancy between what Eko said about his wards and what you observed in crossing them I leave to your powers of deduction.

Current voting is in favor of swapping some questions (after making it clear we still seek a peaceful path;) which and to what degree is open for debate. For the sake of organization (and getting a few done in one update) I'd suggest voting for both which specific questions you'd like to ask as well as what sorts of questions you'd be willing to answer (and which you'd specifically refuse.) Bear in mind that the topics Fale has expressed interest in so far are pretty much all about You; your location, your activities, your plans, your backstory. For example:

+Ask about soul manipulation
+Ask about golems vs zombies
+Ask about Fale's motivation
+Offer info of current traveling companions
+Offer info of family life
-Veto discussing your meeting with the Elders in Yicelafo

So on and so forth.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2102 on: July 20, 2015, 06:07:15 pm »

We could try exchanging manifestation experiences? Talk about how we were accidentally casting necromantic spells without realising it, when one day we accidentally raised a fish we had caught. Maybe even talk about some of our non-golem experiments and accidents, like the time with the tree. Maybe use that as an opportunity to steer the conversation into the relationship between mana and vitality? That seems harmless and gives us more info about him than it gives him about us.

Need to think about this a bit before I give a more complete answer in the form requested.

Regardless, we could try experimenting a bit. See if we have any control over our environment. Maybe have Nym summon a mirror and create a dress for herself. Or maybe change the area into a cave in a desolate ocean where Fale will be "accidentally"splashed by water.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 20, 2015, 06:46:36 pm »

"You know what I want to know. How can I get my friend back. How can I make Necromancers legitamate. An how to kick your teeth in for playing these stupid games like you are now.

You put me in a forrest looking for answers to find the souls of two small children who's parents were killed by your servants and who's bodies could be dying right now because you simply find it as collatoral damage. You might be a bringer of death but you are not below killing kids, so don't pretend to play bad boy.

Oh and if you have this link with the death god, then tell me WHAT does he really want? To be the one and only? A grand temple? What is he after?"

In return tell him Elves are scarred and stuck in gridlock debate over what to do about the return of the necromancers. ((lie that we helped get them to send advisers over and tighten the borders))

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 20, 2015, 08:09:20 pm »

Asking questions:

1) Restoring Omo/soul manipulation
1.5) What are "captured" souls good for? There has to be some good reason for the necromancer to go to the effort to harvest those souls.
2) Motivations of Death god and Fale
3) other necromantic knowledge

Answering questions:

Our location: If Fale doesn't already know, don't tell him. Answer with a question: "Where do you think?" etc. If he just wants to confirm, that's ok with me, since it's probably not that hard for him anyway. But if he really doesn't know then we don't want to tell him that.

Sharing manifestation experience, our magical background, etc sounds fine to me.

Info on family life is fine as long as we don't offer specifics on location, specific people, etc. Kind of like what-one-would-share-on-the-internet level.

Same goes with info on companions, I suppose.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 20, 2015, 09:14:42 pm »

+The nature of souls.
+The relationship between necromancy and souls.
+The practical application of necromancy to souls.*
+If they recently communicated with us when we were awake(and elaborate on the details).**
?+If they convince us that they communicated through the construct, then discuss the specifics of our relationship. Attempt to come to an agreement whereby the curse will stop eating people.(but realistically, the curse is pretty harmless compared to free-roaming necromancer of Doom...)
+The nature of their god, its purposes, aspects, inclinations, relationships. Give some idea if it is actually someone that we could conceivably have some sort of healthy relationship with.

+Discuss our early experiments.
- our location, but if they have our location, discuss our situation and what we are doing here(attempting to cure the children mostly...).
- The details of our companions, but we can mention their existence.
-elves and life magic. That would be other people's secrets...

*It should verify if they are the curse. If they know of the curse, then they can use that to figure out where we are, but otherwise, it should interest them a great deal to imply that we are in communication with an unknown necromancer and if e leave them to stew on the possibilities for a while then it may give us a bargaining chip of substantial value.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 20, 2015, 10:40:28 pm »

+The nature of souls.
+The relationship between necromancy and souls.
+The practical application of necromancy to souls.*
+If they recently communicated with us when we were awake(and elaborate on the details).**
?+If they convince us that they communicated through the construct, then discuss the specifics of our relationship. Attempt to come to an agreement whereby the curse will stop eating people.(but realistically, the curse is pretty harmless compared to free-roaming necromancer of Doom...)
+The nature of their god, its purposes, aspects, inclinations, relationships. Give some idea if it is actually someone that we could conceivably have some sort of healthy relationship with.

+Discuss our early experiments.
- our location, but if they have our location, discuss our situation and what we are doing here(attempting to cure the children mostly...).
- The details of our companions, but we can mention their existence.
-elves and life magic. That would be other people's secrets...

*It should verify if they are the curse. If they know of the curse, then they can use that to figure out where we are, but otherwise, it should interest them a great deal to imply that we are in communication with an unknown necromancer and if e leave them to stew on the possibilities for a while then it may give us a bargaining chip of substantial value.

+1.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 21, 2015, 12:02:02 am »

Also, if the interview proves useful and (seemingly) nonthreatening, but we run out of time, ask when is the next time we can have a similar interview.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 28, 2015, 07:51:08 pm »

Thank you for being alive again, necromancy game.

And is the buggy construct soul thing we caught just a plot device, or are we gong to make friends with it?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2109 on: July 28, 2015, 07:55:41 pm »

I don't think there's much there to make friends with.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 28, 2015, 08:11:04 pm »

That is, it seems like a puppet, there may be a friend out there that was controlling it, possibly under a big tree in the depths of the forest, that may have sent us an invite.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 28, 2015, 08:42:06 pm »

So did anyone else see the invisible "M is false" text in the latest post?

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2112 on: July 28, 2015, 08:49:20 pm »

So did anyone else see the invisible "M is false" text in the latest post?

Well spotted, my good man.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-31
« Reply #2113 on: July 28, 2015, 08:55:12 pm »

The trees of Aloclesno stretch high above you, twisted and wretched, clawing for an impossibly black sky. Tiny spiders twinkle with purple flame in that light, weaving their webs to ensnare the forest. They swarm over Omo's lifeless body; you are not concerned. Omo is not there, though he needs you.

Turning around, you see another tree; the tree from the construct's memory, gnarled and fat, dominating the clearing. The ground is fissured and cracked at its base, rent by the warped roots that seem to grow by the moment. There is a hole in the ground beneath the tree; more a burrow than a pit, conspicuously free of the spiders everywhere else. You do not hesitate; Omo is in there.

The roots tear at your Ranger gear, the black earth staining your hands and knees. Warm yellow torchlight beckons you onward, and you crawl into a familiar stone room, with a familiar hearth, a familiar red sofa, and a dangerous ceiling. As you stand up you can see that the chamber is now dominated by a long wooden table bearing a map of Urak covered in bits of colored wood. On the far side of the table is a familiar elven figure.

"Nym, my dear! You are refreshingly easy to contact. Only four nights for a reunion." Fale Packunion smiles broadly. "I must say, you look wretched. Have you been blundering through the mud?"
   Your wits return to you as you try to make sense of the situation. "This is a dream. I was dreaming, and now I'm here."
   "Yes, very astute of you, applause applause." Fale waves a hand to the table. "Have a seat, take a load off."
   You disregard the high-backed chair he offers; you're certain it wasn't there a moment ago. "I told you before, Fale, I have no interest in your world-domination scheme."
   "No? Didn't you flee your home for fear of being discovered?" Fale asks smugly.
   "I didn't flee, and my friends haven't abandoned me." You reply hotly. You take a breath, drawing Omo's Ranger cloak around you as you regain your composure. "What do you want with me?"
   Fale seems disconcerted for a moment, but the smile is back soon enough. "Well, I was thinking that we got off on the wrong foot the other night. Let's not allow politics to get between us; us Necromancers have to stick together. We all serve the will of Marko in our own way." M is false
   "I don't worship your Death god, Fale." You reply, not quite keeping the edge from your voice.
   "Maybe you should. He is the source of your power, after all." Fale shakes his head angrily. "Ahh, I didn't bring you here to argue. Either you'll see that I'm right in the end, or I will be forced to acknowledge your superior path. Listen, the way I see it, we can help each other out. I'm the best Necromancer in the world, and I've got a direct line to Marko. I'd like to count myself your colleague, at least, and I'd like to more know about you in that case. What you're trying to accomplish, where you are going; burn me, I'll settle for learning more about the Elves than I know now. Come on, you've got to have some questions about your powers by now!"

You are about to refuse him again, but hesitate. Fale might be able to help you out with restoring Omo. Burn you, he might be able to give a complete walkthrough if you tell him the full situation. You don't know if you can trust him, though... maybe just a couple questions will give you the insight you need. Or maybe you have a plan that is safe enough already; you're pretty sure it will work, everything you've puzzled out seems to make sense. But are you willing to gamble Omo's life on it?

Whoops, didn't mean to post this seperately and now I can't delete it. Oh well.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:58:51 pm by Angle »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: July 28, 2015, 08:57:01 pm »

I noticed that, but I didn't know what it meant. Any ideas? The God of Death is a false concept?
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 155