Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656565 times)

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-33
« Reply #2175 on: November 13, 2015, 06:17:59 pm »

Alternatively, we could try to reincarnate monk into a new form. (Author Switching) but thats only till things get really REALLY bad. This thread is just too epic to perish, and poking only does so much.

We could also try to summon monk directly. Ive got the nacho cheese and the obsidian dagger, but someones gotta get me the Colosoluss grease and the live gobbo. We could even add Dragon snot for increased success chance
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 13, 2015, 06:46:12 pm »

1) Don't double post, in general.

2) Bumping the thread makes people think there's something to read and/or Monk posted an update. Neither of which is true. So you look like a dick.

3) Monk has gone longer without posting an update. And just how do you expect someone to take over a story like this? :V He's probably got notes coming out of every orifice, you want someone to try and replicate that, or worse just ignore them?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 14, 2015, 06:05:29 pm »

Fair enough. Sorry about my eagerness, but this story is TOO DAMN GOOD
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-34
« Reply #2178 on: November 28, 2015, 05:29:54 pm »

Nah, we shouldn't just say we know he's been inconsistent, but we should use the other names he's used.

Bonus points if we go "So tell me about Morak!" "Well, Moark is (x)" "Aaahh, so why should I follow Murky?" and so forth. Mocking him and teasing him. :V
It would be good to know who it is that's giving those invisible hints. Another Necromancy god or something else? We definitely need someone else's help to restore Omo's soul.

+1 Don't join M.
But this is a great opportunity to get more information about Necromancy gods. I highly doubt M is the only one. Remember the Golgothans worshiped a god with a different name. If we first ask how we'd contact Fale's god (and what we should expect) and then ask about other necromancy gods (we can even bring up the golgothan one. I have to archive dive first to find his name) we might have an idea of how to contact them. Maybe we'd be able to find help for Omo from someone less bloodthirsty.

(There has to be a less bloodthirsty Necromancy god. The Golgothans existed in coexistence with everyone else for a while before the war, and necromancy is inherently ethically neutral)

By the way, it seems we now have an idea what Fale does with the souls he harvests. He said they can be transplanted to other constructs and controlled to create more useful servants.

You take another step back, leaning against the smooth cold stone wall of the dream room. You still don't trust Fale, or this Makro of his...
░ ░░░░d ░e░ ░░ ░t

Wait. Something seems wrong with what you just thought.

"Fale... what was your god's name again?" You ask hesitantly.
   Fale looks at you quizzically. "What, aren't you paying attention? I just said his name is Makro."
   "I just... I don't know." You reply, embarrassed. You don't know why you questioned it; you've been talking about Makro for a while now. Still, you can't shake the feeling that something is odd about this situation.
   "Look, just take my hand and we'll get in touch with the god himself." Fale says impatiently, plastering a gregarious smile to his face as he takes a step closer to you, arm outstretched. "You're all about making friends, aren't you?"
   You shrug uncomfortably, warily eyeing Fale's outstretched hand. You keep your own hands behind your back, pressed up against the wall. "I... think I'll pass this time, Fale. Maybe later, when I know more about him."
   Fale's smile vanishes as quickly as it came, though he keeps his hand out for you to grab. "What more do you need to know? He's the last God of Necromancers; if you're going to be friends with any of us, you could at least do him the kindness of a face to face meeting."
   "I'm sorry, Fale, but I'm an Elf; gods are not for us, nor us for them. I still have some questions-"
   Fale turns abruptly and stalks away, one hand clenched at his side. "Well, they'll have to wait. I'm very busy working with the other Necromancers to save all our lives. Nightroar must be asleep by now, and it's been far too long since I've heard from him. I'll be in touch; I'm sure you can handle your little soul problem all by yourself. Maybe you'll be more in the mood for talking once it's made a hash of whatever it is you're about."

You step forward to protest, or to clarify, or perhaps to schedule another meeting. You don't know quite how you would have responded, however, as your step falls into a sudden hole in the floor. You topple forward, futilely clutching at gnarled tree roots and clods of black, wormy soil as you tumble further into darkness

You wake with a chill in your bones to a world of darkness and gloom. You prop yourself up on one elbow, regretting your decision not to head back to the tent and your bedroll. Your impromptu camp remains as you left it when you fell asleep; Omo is laid out next to the fire, the construct lurks in the shadows at the edge of the firelight, where Eko is slowly returning with a double armful of wood.

Eko nods a greeting when he sees that you are awake. "Good morning, Nym. Do you usually rise so early? It isn't quite dawn, so it will be a little while before we see any light under these accursed trees. Or were you disturbed in the night?"
   You shake your head groggily. "Just dreams, Eko. The ground is an uncomfortable mattress."
   Eko nods in commiseration. "That it does. Don't let me disturb you; I can perform my morning prayers silently."

So saying, he withdraws to the other side of the campfire, carefully lowering his bulk to the ground before closing his eyes and focusing inward. You sit the rest of the way up, stretching the tight muscles in your back to quiet the aches there. Your stomach complains of hunger as well, but with little food and a job of work ahead of you you ignore it and focus on Omo and what you must do. You have a good idea of how to attack the task at hand, but you want to be very sure of the steps you will take before beginning.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Omo Thunderjaw (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eko Cleanvise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eko's Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notable Figures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Planned Experiments (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 03:55:13 pm by monk12 »

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 28, 2015, 05:57:56 pm »

You have a good idea of how to attack the task at hand, but you want to be very sure of the steps you will take before beginning.

If we have a good idea of how to do it, then lets try. But do it with something other than Omo first. Try moving a bug's soul from one bug's body to another.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 28, 2015, 07:58:31 pm »

Each soul is unique, but you could try pulling the soul out of a bug and putting it back into the same bug. What are the odds that Eko will be suspicious of either "let me work in private, here, in the midst of the dangerous forest" or some insect being held down while it twitches in unfathomable discomfort as its soul is ripped from its flesh, and then lies unfeeling, much as the necromantic curse does, and then promptly restore our miserable victim to function? I think that if we are going to be experimenting, we pretty much cannae get away from revealing our magic to Eko.

Or we could tell Eko that we have a pretty good idea how to find the source of the curse, and that there may be answers to healing Omo there. Queue meeting an ancient necromancer's soul bound to a network of constructs prompting a "destroy all necromancers" from Eko and a "ummm, I would kind of like to try learning a thing or two snout magic and maybe freeing this poor lonely soul from the curse, maybe even leaving the basic curse intact and just giving it the freedom to not be perpetually hostile to everything" from Nym.

So yes, +1 one practising on something else, pull out and put back in. Standard "form a net, wrap it around the soul, gently pull the soul away until it is separate, and then put it back. Then try again, with more time and motion between extraction and rejoining.

At least tell Eko that we are moving the soul around, we can try to claim that it is life magic if you want, but Eko is obviously somewhat curious about magic and will ask, and anything other than moving souls around is going to look extremely suspicious. If Eko retorts with some version of "but only necromancy can remove souls" the I say to be honest.

P.S.
 Ah, I see there is an update.
* RAM squees emphatically!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 29, 2015, 12:26:27 pm »

ITS.... ITS ALIVE!!!!!

Thank god i thought this thread was perished.

Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2182 on: December 01, 2015, 08:52:17 pm »

So, is it just me, or is this clearly a trick? Fale didn't actually release us from the dream, he's trying to trick us into thinking that our attempts to save Omo won't work, so we'll let his "God" mind control us.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: December 01, 2015, 09:49:46 pm »

It definately feels that way, all the more reason to get onto some mind-numbing junior-necromancer soul-transference practise.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: December 02, 2015, 08:21:07 am »

Also, anyone find any secret messages from Buddy?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Gwythur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: December 02, 2015, 09:00:20 am »

You take another step back, leaning against the smooth cold stone wall of the dream room. You still don't trust Fale, or this Makro of his...
░ ░░░░d ░e░ ░░ ░t

Wait. Something seems wrong with what you just thought.

Not quite so clear as some of the others.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: December 02, 2015, 10:04:31 am »

Mmmmmm.....

Buddy talk louder, our subconcious cant hear you!
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: December 02, 2015, 04:08:41 pm »

Three letter words with e in the middle seem moderately rare.
Six letter words that end in d... Or four-letter words with "ed" added.
I can't think of a comfortable way to end a statement with "at" so I am going with "it"...

"get to it"?
Read the First Post!

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: December 02, 2015, 04:44:06 pm »

I think Buddy might be fading. STAY WITH US BUDDY
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2189 on: December 02, 2015, 04:58:28 pm »

And the first is probably "A" or "I", unless the Other decided to be lyrical and start his/her/its sentence with "O!"
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 155