Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656609 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-34 Now Semi-competently Edited!
« Reply #2205 on: December 04, 2015, 10:41:57 pm »

Exactly, that's part of my point.

We need a Necromancy Pride Parade in the capital city by the time all this is done, honestly.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: December 05, 2015, 12:44:11 am »

But, umm, there are, like, half a dozen necromancers, they would be lynched. And I am not sure that an army of former family marching through town would deliver the desired message, even if they were cheaply pulling carts, baking cookies, doing tax returns(It would take a complex system of zombies each doing a small part of the project, but with a bit of wrangling, a complex accounting system should be possible) and otherwise putting good honest citizens out of work...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: December 05, 2015, 12:48:01 am »

I don't doubt that most necromancers just lay low and don't tell anybody about it, don't get talked about, and are forgotten about as soon as they die because of the stigma. If we fixed it, they'd be crawling out of the woodwork.

Who said anything about having the parade involve the one thing we've pretty much decided is off the table for moral reasons? :V I said "don't hide who we are" not "dig up grandma and get her dancing a jig in nipple tassles"
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2208 on: December 05, 2015, 06:32:52 am »

Alternatively, buy a remote graveyard and turn it into a secret factory operated by zombie robots. Then we buy people's love with our money and a carefully constructed propaganda  campaign. And then once the world is ready, we reveal ourselves.

Or alternatively, we end up as a reclusive eccentric rich guy with a factory with no visible workers and do the plot of Willy Wonka as a horror movie to gain more cheap workers.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: December 05, 2015, 08:47:02 am »

We should hand out flyers for Necromancers Rights! Equal treatment for the Undead!
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: December 05, 2015, 12:32:43 pm »

Nah, see, we're like the slave-drivers of the undead. Necromancers wouldn't WANT equal treatment for undead, just for undead-makers.

Because we're going against the grain and are already hippy-dippy elvish, we might be different in that regard, but even if we were, we wouldn't get much traction :P

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2211 on: December 05, 2015, 02:11:56 pm »

"We won't only turn your loved ones into our undead slaves, we also want you to treat them as if they're normal people with the same rights as you."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-35
« Reply #2212 on: January 01, 2016, 10:13:47 pm »

First of all, check the construct and Omo to make sure he's fine. Just use necromantic sight. No need to waste mana on a see vitality, we can always ask Eko to do that later. As harsh as it sounds, it's more productive to worry about other things for now.

Get some distance (maybe go behind a bush to "freshen up"?) and try to directly create Arosh and use it to poke at something living like a bug, trying to remove its soul and then put it back. Maybe use See Vitality and then try to make a ball like in Steal Vitality and then carefully mold it into the shape of the Unolnimar, before yanking it out? The subject should probably be immobilized somehow (maybe a rock?) in order to make experimentation easier.
+1 to RAM's suggestion of messing with insect souls.

+1. We can check the tree once the sun's actually come up, and Eko probably isn't paying us too much attention during his prayers.

You wipe the sleep from your eyes as you ponder your course of action for the day. You aren't sure you want to jump straight into a full blown soul transplant without any practice, particularly not on your childhood best friend. Unfortunately, your test subject pool is rather limited considering the Sanctuary; the only things in camp are yourself, the praying priest, the golem itself (which has not moved an inch since last night,) and the chirping of crickets... oh.

Keeping an eye on Eko (who still has his eyes closed, and seems to be mouthing the words to a prayer) you withdraw to the very edge of the camp, behind a bush at the edge of the Sanctuary you have both been using for... personal needs. The light is exceedingly poor here, though the faint traces of grey predawn light are finally making themselves felt. After a few moments searching blindly in the dark for a bug, you shake your head and cast See Vitality. The life around you leaps into focus, and you quickly pick the vitality network of a cricket out of the background of primitive plant life.

You squat down by the bush, getting ready to capture the bug for your experiment, when you notice a problem. The cricket does not have anything you recognize as an Unolnimar. No bundle in the head, no central pulse of Vitality, nothing.

You scratch your head, considering the implications. The insect has no Unolnimar, suggesting it has no soul, like a plant... or a zombie, come to think of it. While the construct of Aloclesno and the human zombies have had concentrations of necromantic energy- of Arosh- in their heads, they haven't had anything nearly as complicated as an Unolnimar. No initiative, no mind, no memory... well, actually, that's not true. The golem holds the memory of a tree in that flat necromantic structure that was created in your struggle to control it, and the zombie in Eko's basement had a much more detailed memory but no similar structure to hold it.

You feel uneasy; not finding an Unolnimar where you expected to makes you think maybe you don't really understand what a soul is. Maybe you can't do this soul transfer without Fale's god. Maybe you can't save Omo. Maybe-

You scowl, standing up abruptly. There's no use in that kind of thinking. There is a way to do this, if you can just think of it. There must be.

You return to the campfire. While the new day has not truly begun, it is now light enough to make out detail in your surroundings. As you sit down by Omo, you notice a stray leaf has fallen on to his face. You brush it aside, wiping a bit of dirt from Omo's cheek.

"If we can't save him, we need to get him out of the elements." Eko's face looks haggard in the morning light, as though he aged ten years in the night. His voice is dull and defeated; there was no solace in his prayers, it seems. "What do we do next, Nym?"

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Omo Thunderjaw (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eko Cleanvise (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Eko's Spells (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notable Figures (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maps (click to show/hide)

Author's note: I decided to cut the Planned Experiments spoiler in the interests of reducing that wall of clickables- I think my next move will be to merge the spells and the party members to single spoilers as well. You'll have to remember the things you want to do yourself, I'm afraid.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-35 Insect Examination
« Reply #2213 on: January 01, 2016, 10:17:35 pm »

You could just use a single Google Doc to store all that...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 02, 2016, 02:56:03 am »

LETS CARRY HIM BACK TO THE CHURCH

And Christ how are you not hitting post limits there Monk?
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 02, 2016, 03:25:02 am »

Follow your vision, trek to the depths of the curse and commune with its source.
Inform Eko that your priority is to help people, not to end the curse, and that you are willing to let it be, or even aid it if you see no direct harm in doing so, if it means saving Omo.
Try to have the construct carry Omo.
If Eko comments on your odd behaviour, just say that you would rather not discuss it.

P.S.
 I have difficulties with google docs, but it would presumably work for others. Whatever makes more updating easier, right?

P.P.S.
 YAY UPDATE!!!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 02, 2016, 12:58:39 pm »

You could just use a single Google Doc to store all that...

I could, and it's all more neatly organized on my home system, but I don't like having things in an update that require someone to follow an external link unless I absolutely have to (e.g music.) The spoiler mess is partly a remnant of the whole "I did not think the game would go this way when I started it" thing, and it hasn't been annoying enough for me to bother with before. It's not even that anything's changed or gotten worse, the mess is just itching at my OCD now.

And Christ how are you not hitting post limits there Monk?

There's not too terrible much there even with the mouseover text; I find that lots of links tend to be what kill my character limit in posts. It helps I've got older/less important stuff stored in the second post of the thread.

Anywho, as you were.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: January 02, 2016, 08:25:27 pm »

we need to experiment and try making a more functional golem. we can leave it here and sense things through it....I think.
we make a golem. and alter it to have sight, and preferably movement. then take mister soulless back to the church.

once our power regenerates we make another golem and have it carry a message to our mother.  "omo is badly injured and comatose. his affliction is beyond the mages here, please find a high caliber life mage and send them here. I will explain more later."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 02, 2016, 08:27:27 pm »

endlessblaze, really?  In the MIDDLE of the Sanctuary?  Not A Good Idea.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 02, 2016, 08:37:56 pm »

2. don't sanctuaries just block the magic from coming in or out?
2. we can always leave it for a moment.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 155