Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 155

Author Topic: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions  (Read 656604 times)

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Necromancer! Chapter 2-36 Decisions, Decisions
« Reply #2235 on: January 08, 2016, 10:46:44 pm »

This might seem really odd, but I had a sudden thought: we should try praying. We know that there is a god or something trying to contact us, and Eko's morning prayers are probably for something. Maybe the (friendly) deity can't contact us without us trying to contact it first? It can't hurt, at least. Probably leave the sanctuary first before praying, we don't want the wards interfering with any connection to a (hopefully) benevolent death magic deity.

I'm for looking at Omo's soul and head, maybe trying to recreate the Olowhatsitcalled in Omo's head to see if we can do something that makes sense with what we know. (Heaven helps those who help themselves.) If we actually make contact with the deity then try the transplant, otherwise lets leave Eko with Omo and go looking for the curse.

Ofc if we go wandering on our own then we need to give Eko some sort of excuse.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 09, 2016, 01:53:28 am »

Ummm what sort of prayer? We know that we are rather dubious about worshipping to "M" so maybe we don't want to just pray at random, but certainly:
Meditate upon divinity with respect to necromancy and elves.

And also:
+1 to attempting to recreate the "whip" and capturing motions of the construct.

But I am feeling kind of shaky on both of those for some reason...

Also, what about Eko? Omo is not going to last forever like this and Eko is sort of being left out. I mean, it is nice to have a meatshield but... Well, we should try to get Eko involved a bot more and less of a fifth wheel.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: January 09, 2016, 03:10:23 pm »

I wouldn't try necromancy and elves, but try to pray to that voice who tried to contact us who hopefully is another necromancy god.

I have a theory that Fale might be M. He keeps referring to M with different names, as if it isn't important to him. And we know he can change his shape and appearance, as if he doesn't have a normal physical form. (We do know that necromancy does not involve shape changing.)  He talks to different necromancers, helping them in his goal of conquering the world. He also knew who the necromancers were very early on.

I don't think that making contact with a god counts as worshiping them. In M's case, Fale was specifically inviting us to join M. But if we just tried to talk to a god, we should be able to actually decide whether or not to worship.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 03:12:01 pm by ydeve »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 09, 2016, 03:27:14 pm »

Has there been any talks about how Nightroar is able to raise zombies in mind boggling rate? It seems that even at best he could raise three zombies per day, yet evidence points quite far left. Does he turn souls into mana batteries or something?

Another I didn't notice was about treatment of Necromancers prior genocide massmurder of elves? I guess people weren't so MURDER EVIL NECRO back then, but then that one guy ruined everything.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: January 10, 2016, 12:54:41 am »

There was probably lots of racism and such, the Golgothans were probably regarded as filthy people who played with corpses and whatnot...
I doubt that the war grew out of nothing...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: January 10, 2016, 02:32:41 am »

Also note that Nightroarer has the help of his god (M), which has probably augmented his powers a lot

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2241 on: January 10, 2016, 06:25:29 am »

There is a third option. It's a bit cruel, but we could just tell Eko that we have failed and this whole expedition was for nothing and that we just want to stay here with Omo alone, to say our goodbyes. It might devastate him, but it has a good chance of getting him away from here without many questions asked.

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: January 11, 2016, 04:02:26 am »

We need Eko's help with the sanctuary. Do we really want to camp out here without his protection?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2243 on: January 11, 2016, 04:17:34 am »

Yes. The curse invited us. It's reasonable to assume it wouldn't attack us. It did allow us to take control of the golem after all, even though it demonstrated it could easily defeat us due to its extra levels. There could be other, more mundane dangers in the forest or we could end up angering the curse and getting attacked, but those are risks we'd have to take anyway. A sanctuary won't aid with that. The only thing he really offers is someone to take second watch in the night and a fighter meat shield.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2244 on: January 11, 2016, 04:31:49 am »

Wait, never mind that, I got it!

Eko thinks we are a life mage, correct? Say we felt another presence inside the golem, controlling it remotely and that we think finding it might be the only way to help Omo. Maybe say it's because necromancy and life magic are similar, since they both use vitality, so we could sense the necromancer's vitality manipulation. If he buys it, we can just start going towards where the golem was going. Edit: No need to tell him exactly why we think it would help, just that it might. It's not a lie that we are desperate and that we don't know what might happen there.

But here's the good part. We can take Omo with us physically by carrying him. But we can take his soul by sneaking the golem to us. Remember how those organs in the golem allow us to sense it remotely? And remember how the curse could cast magic on it without being physically present? We can try something similar. Take control of the golem, dispell the sanctuary and then, when we're far enough, say we need to stop to rest or think or meditate or whatever and remotely repair the golem, giving it a leg and eyes. Then we can have it follow us without Eko knowing.

Edit2: Oh, also tell him to shut down the sanctuary.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 02:42:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: January 11, 2016, 05:27:38 am »

Or just drag the golem with us if it is light enough, saves some mana for later use.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2246 on: January 11, 2016, 06:12:57 am »

Or just drag the golem with us if it is light enough, saves some mana for later use.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96692.msg6712568#msg6712568
Already asked that, can't be done, unless you actually want to try to drag a heavy thing with you through the thick forest. It could take days, if it is even possible.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: January 11, 2016, 01:29:53 pm »

Wait, never mind that, I got it!

Eko thinks we are a life mage, correct? Say we felt another presence inside the golem, controlling it remotely and that we think finding it might be the only way to help Omo. Maybe say it's because necromancy and life magic are similar, since they both use vitality, so we could sense the necromancer's vitality manipulation. If he buys it, we can just start going towards where the golem was going. Edit: No need to tell him exactly why we think it would help, just that it might. It's not a lie that we are desperate and that we don't know what might happen there.

But here's the good part. We can take Omo with us physically by carrying him. But we can take his soul by sneaking the golem to us. Remember how those organs in the golem allow us to sense it remotely? And remember how the curse could cast magic on it without being physically present? We can try something similar. Take control of the golem, dispell the sanctuary and then, when we're far enough, say we need to stop to rest or think or meditate or whatever and remotely repair the golem, giving it a leg and eyes. Then we can have it follow us without Eko knowing.

This one seems our best option. +1.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ydeve

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: January 11, 2016, 09:22:54 pm »

I still think no matter what we do, we should pray first. We could really use diety help with Omo.

Also, maybe I'm missing something, but why do you all think the curse isn't Fale? Because it seemed pretty clear to me that Fale is the curse.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2249 on: January 12, 2016, 04:10:07 am »

Unless Fale also lives in a pineapple under the sea in a fishing hole inside Yicelafo, I think you're safe to assume the tree was just a nightmare caused by our anxiety over the matter.
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 155