Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fall From Heaven the Roguelike: Call for Aid  (Read 2556 times)

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fall From Heaven the Roguelike: Call for Aid
« on: November 22, 2011, 07:54:54 am »

http://ffhtr.blogspot.com/

As posted from one of the main folks behind it over at RogueTemple just recently:

http://roguetemple.com/forums/index.php?topic=1966.0

Hello again!
We are in dare need for new teammates!
Right now, our team consists of three guys, pixelart and coding mostly.
So, right now, FFHtR, technically quite mature, but really doesn't have real gameplay.    :(
We really need roguelike fans, who can join us and take part in world development,
cites, hamlets, dungeons, creatures, artifacts, quests, items, events etc design!
It is really interesting part of development, but hey, extremely time consuming!   ;)

So, check here or via P.M., if you want to participate gameplay development of FFHtR!

Upon seeing what was sought after, the very first thing that popped into my head was that there was likely to be a number of talented folks here, as per many instances in the past---especially people that have experience with the CivIV mega-mods as I recall one of more large threads.

I ask that people lend some brain power to this, as the fact that much of the technical heavy lifting has already been handled lends very well to the project seeing completion once content is fleshed out with nifty notions considering usually the reverse is what kills projects prematurely.   8)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: Fall From Heaven the Roguelike: Call for Aid
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 11:52:17 am »

Huh. Interesting.

The early alpha shots, it looks like it's a standalone game instead of a Civ mod. Will be watching with interest, since I loved the FFH2 mod (really, that's about the only way I play Civ4 anymore).

I notice in today's devlog that they plan to steal borrow the "historical figures" system from DF.  :D

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 05:01:24 pm »

Yes, it is a completely stand-alone, proper Roguelike aiming to take on good ideas from whoever or whatever they manifest.  Not tied into anything officially just a fan labor somewhat like how there was a MagickaRL of sorts awhile back.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:19:09 pm »

Have they been given the green light by Kael?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 08:55:11 pm »

No idea, though I can't imagine how such a thing could really be a concern considering it is just a fan thing that was smitten with a non-commercial mod as opposed to a commercial outfit aiming to capitalize on....another commercial thing.

Still, I guess that'd be a fair line of inquiry to the actual team behind the project.

http://roguebasin.roguelikedevelopment.org/index.php/Fall_From_Heaven

Some additional info, though some outdated as times have rolled on since Annual Roguelike Release Party 2011.

Goblin Macelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 12:20:57 am »

Have they been given the green light by Kael?
Hello, I am Jolly Roger, one of the FFHtR Developers.

Unpleasantly, no.
Kael had left FFH long time, so I can't contact with him, but I got permission and blessing from SeZereth to use his art in the game.  ;)
Also, we are not planning to create FFH3, just want to travel at Erebus as single adventure, but not the mighty ruler.  :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:26:05 am by Goblin Macelord »
Goblins! They don’t drink booze, eating bones, killing dwarfs, shaving beards and simply looks cool! Yes, Goblins are awesome!

Goblin Macelord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 08:51:47 am »

I notice in today's devlog that they plan to steal borrow the "historical figures" system from DF.  :D
He he.. Done!  ;)
Goblins! They don’t drink booze, eating bones, killing dwarfs, shaving beards and simply looks cool! Yes, Goblins are awesome!