Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Real-Life Cotton Candy  (Read 9535 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Real-Life Cotton Candy
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2011, 07:56:21 am »

I never use Fus Ro Dah against dragons, partially because they never live long enough against my Daedric Sword (legendary) with a 15-point fire damage enchantment.

Pfff nub, I punch dragons to death on master difficulty.

I would too, but it's just so damn slow. One gets to kill more dragons in the same time when using a weapon. Maybe when I have all the shouts unlocked I'll continue killing dragons...

*In Saxton Hale voice*

With my bare damn hands...

Alternatively, if I wanted to cherry tap them, I would use my bow & arrows.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 08:13:58 am by Oliolli »

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2011, 10:02:16 am »

I never use Fus Ro Dah against dragons, partially because they never live long enough against my Daedric Sword (legendary) with a 15-point fire damage enchantment.

I'm no biologist or anything, but I find it hard to believe birds evolved from dinosaurs just like that, there is just such an immense size difference in most other then the smallest dinosaurs.. Maybe large birds like emu and the like, but to me it's more seemly they would have shared a common ancestor.
That's what my first thought would be anyway but like I say I'm no biologist.  :(

Look up Archaeopteryx :)

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 03, 2011, 01:33:08 pm »

Nice derail.  Back to the original topic, that stuff is all nice and all, but will it blend?
Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #123 on: December 03, 2011, 01:55:11 pm »

Nice derail.  Back to the original topic, that stuff is all nice and all, but will it blend?

Derailailaialailailail xD

My guess is if the blender is made of high carbon steel, and it's packed with this stuff, yes.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 03, 2011, 02:59:42 pm »

I'm no biologist or anything, but I find it hard to believe birds evolved from dinosaurs just like that, there is just such an immense size difference in most other then the smallest dinosaurs.. Maybe large birds like emu and the like, but to me it's more seemly they would have shared a common ancestor.
I think differentiating between 'birds evolved from dinosaurs' and 'birds evolved from a tiny number of dinosaur species' is just nitpicking.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2011, 04:16:56 am »

I read this a few days ago. Basically it's a bunch of tiny hollow tubes made from a mold. If I remember correctly they said they can theoretically mold artificial diamond into these. While that would be made from an ultra hard material, it would still be hollow and would still have the properties of diamond, except in the form of a lattice of hollow tubes.

Basically you would have fragile (but made of extremely strong material for it's weight) hollow tubes made out of diamond. However, that description somewhat belittles it as at that scale the hardness of diamond would make a difference I would guess, in for instance the medical field.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:25:00 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2011, 09:40:12 am »

I read this a few days ago. Basically it's a bunch of tiny hollow tubes made from a mold. If I remember correctly they said they can theoretically mold artificial diamond into these. While that would be made from an ultra hard material, it would still be hollow and would still have the properties of diamond, except in the form of a lattice of hollow tubes.

Basically you would have fragile (but made of extremely strong material for it's weight) hollow tubes made out of diamond. However, that description somewhat belittles it as at that scale the hardness of diamond would make a difference I would guess, in for instance the medical field.

CARBON TUBES YOU N00B!!!!!!
(We've gone over those ;))
((And Diamond-Boron semiconductors are very different)).

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2011, 03:27:25 am »

That's what my first thought would be anyway but like I say I'm no biologist.  :(
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_size#Shortest_non-avialan_dinosaurs - it includes 10 dinosaurs smaller than 0,5 m.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]