Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17

Author Topic: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 4 - Pain All Around  (Read 19899 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Ranger's Apprentice RTD: Turn 4 - Pain All Around
« on: November 22, 2011, 04:53:23 pm »

Intro
The Wargals have begone moving once more, the Skandians have been growing more, and more fierce each year, and there have even been rumors of new Kalkara appearing in the northern parts of Araluen. But even worse things are brewing in Gallica, because of a man name Desruisa, a corrupted warlord, who has united all of Gallica under his banner, and now seeks to take over Araluen, and take its treasure for his own. There have even been sightings of new creatures within the Araluen realms that have never before been seen, they lie only in legend. The world is on the verge of shear chaos, legends, and myths roam the world, and armies gather, but that is simply a new task for the Ranger's.

The Ranger Corps was founded during King Herbert's reign. King Herbert is also known as the founder of modern Araluen. They are considered an elite intelligence and reconnaissance force. There are 50 rangers, one for each fief. They are tasked with gathering intelligence on the varying countries, and lands neighboring Araluen as well as keeping the peace within the Araluen realm. They are considered to be people who posses magical abilities by the commoners of Araluen, but they contain no such powers for they are simply uniquely gifted.

Many of the Rangers who had no Apprentice have begun looking for, or found one, and you six are one of those Apprentices, but your training is yet to begin, and worse things are ahead of you. You have a year to train, and hone your abilities before the Gathering where, if you pass, you will be accepted as a true Ranger's Apprentice, and you will begin receiving assignments of your own.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Araluen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Celtica (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
1. - Dave1004, Malakai Mal'uk
2. - Dwarmin, Alana Ivandis
3. - Talarion, ?
4. - Riccto, Ian Haelfax
5. - Spartan, Kevon Guilardi
6. - Powder Miner, Agin Isai

Waiting List:
- SeriousConcentrate
-
-
-
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 05:18:27 am by adwarf »

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: 5 Slots Open !
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 04:56:08 pm »

Name: Malakai Mal'uk
Bio: Malakai is a simple human, born into the world as a servant boy. He lived a decent life, along with his mother and twin sisters. His master, a Noble of no minor renown, had eventually taken a fancy to his sisters, despite their young age. The Noble consistantly made advances onto the two children, causing grief and misery between the castle servants. Malakai eventually stood up to the Noble, but he was beaten and cast into the streets. He eventually fled to another county, far from the reaches of the corrupt Noble. There he met a blind old seer, who told him that he was actually not special at all, and would probably die of old age. This enraged Malakai to no end, and so he cursed the seer and left. Several years passed, and Malakai was now at the ripe age of Fifteen, outlawed from several different towns. Thus he grew up living in the woods, befriending wild animals and the odd monster or two. This is where his tale begins, but who knows how it will end...?
(P.S: Is that okay? I kinda just pulled it out of my ass, I've never read this book series or whatever it is...Sorry!)

Stats
(P.P.S: Do the 15 points count towards both Stats and Skills...?)
Dexterity: 3
Speed: 4
Grace: 5
Reflex: 3

Skills (How does this work? Do I put points from the Attributes into these? Do I select a certain number?)

Ability:
Mystical Eye - Malakai has always had a sort of "Second Sight", which allows him to sometimes sense magical auras or hidden areas/traps. He doesn't know how this activates, but it may depend on how important it is that he sees what's hidden from normal sight. (Basically, he has the Sense Magic passive skill, but he has no control over it. Good?)

Please point out anything that I need to fix. And, how DO the skills word? Sorry!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:49:54 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 04:59:28 pm »

I appreciate you are thinking things through before jumping in them Adwarf. Your writing has also gotten much better.

Since I can almost consider this a spiritual successor to OoTKrtd, I am IN. Making sheet nao.

Spoiler: Done-o! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:33:11 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 05:01:02 pm »

I appreciate you are thinking things through before jumping in them Adwarf. Your writing has also gotten much better.

Since I can almost consider this a spiritual successor to OoTKrtd, I am IN. Making sheet nao.
Thanks for that statement since I consider you one of the best GMs on the forum.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: 4 Slots Left !
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 05:10:57 pm »

Name: Faith Galeno
Bio: The youngest daughter of four in a family of mapmakers, Faith was the only one who wanted to go into the family business. From the time she was old enough to walk she would try to follow her father around as he walked the lands surrounding their village to make sure his records were always accurate. A run-in with wild animals when she was only eight prevented him from going on these walks, and she managed to talk him into letting her go out and do the sketches for him. An adventurous lass, she took to more unusual routes and would climb steep embankments and trees to get a better view of the land. Eventually her trips grew longer, to the point she was spending more time out in the wilderness than at home. One day when she was nearly fifteen, she came home to find her eldest sister had been married off, and she and her husband would be taking over the family business. Since there was nothing more for her in town - she didn't have any special connections to the townsfolk, her sisters were married or moved away, and her parents could take care of themselves - she decided to use the survival skills she had learned in her travels and set out to make her own fortune.
Stats:
Dexterity - 3
Speed - 5
Grace - 3
Reflex - 4
Skills:
Unseen Movement - 0
Archery - 0
Tracking - 0
Woodsman - 0
Survival - 0
Knife Skill - 0
Climbing - 0
First-Aid - 0
Scouting - 0
Leadership - 0
Speech-craft - 0
Sword Mastery - 0
Ability: Exceptional Memory: Faith has a, well, exceptional memory for people, places, and events. She can recall most things she sees or hears and almost never gets lost.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:25:23 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »

I'm thinking about reserving a spot, although I might not be able to work on a character until I get home.
Thats perfectly fine :)

>Bio Snip<
(P.S: Is that okay? I kinda just pulled it out of my ass, I've never read this book series or whatever it is...Sorry!)

Please point out anything that I need to fix. And, how DO the skills word? Sorry!
Your Bio is messed up, I thought I had typed it in the character creation section, but apparently not, you are all at the age of 15, and are just now being chosen as Ranger's Apprentices though your characters are unaware of this. Also your skill is perfectly fine (Though I have included magic, not sure if its in the books, but it will be extremely rare, but your ability will also allow with you sensing traps, so that will be quite helpful.)

EDIT: You don't have any points to put in skills as they will be gained through your choices in your Ranger's Training, and then afterwards they will be gained from how much they are used, how well they are used, or how much you train it. Otherwise you can gain levels by performing feats of skill that far surpass your abilities.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 05:21:28 pm by adwarf »

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 05:20:39 pm »

I'm thinking about reserving a spot, although I might not be able to work on a character until I get home.
Thats perfectly fine :)

>Bio Snip<

Your Bio is messed up, I thought I had typed it in the character creation section, but apparently not, you are all at the age of 15, and are just now being chosen as Ranger's Apprentices though your characters are unaware of this. Also your skill is perfectly fine (Though I have included magic, not sure if its in the books, but it will be extremely rare, but your ability will also allow with you sensing traps, so that will be quite helpful.)

Crap, alright. Sorry, I fixed it. I must have missed where they're fifteen...Is that better?  I'm glad that my ability works, but...How do I choose the skills? Also: My internet's really splotchy right now, fyi. Sorry again!

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 05:24:22 pm »

Name: Kevon Guilardi (I've never read the books does it fall enough into their naming customs?)
Bio: A large violent boy who grew up on the street. Kevon was alone from the begging of his life. He was raised by a Master thief who became almost a father to him until he was unjustly murdered. Kevon swore revenge against all forces of cruelty. He became a teenage vigilante fighting wherever he goes. This lifestyle has not been easy for Kevon; several scars adorn his face. But the only thing this pain has given him is the resolve to fight harder.
Stats: You have 15 Points To Distribute (Minimum of 2 Points in each Stat max of 6)
Dexterity - 4
Speed - 5
Grace - 3
Reflex - 3
Ability: Iron Skin: Kevon's many battle's have greatly strengthened his pain resistance. He can take higher levels of pain then many adults
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 07:40:51 pm by Spartan »
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 05:25:53 pm »

Hold a Spot for me.
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 05:26:54 pm »

Just added the skills bit to my previous post as an edit :)

Hmmm .. still one problem with your bio, but it is a simple one you live in Araluen from birth, and Nobles would be extremely hard to kill due to the fact they are knights. Wait there is one more .. you killing a Seer would be pretty hard as I figure the Seer would see you would kill him if he told you the truth.

Hold a Spot for me.
Can I please Reserve a spot?
Yes to both of you :)

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 05:36:12 pm »

Just added the skills bit to my previous post as an edit :)

Hmmm .. still one problem with your bio, but it is a simple one you live in Araluen from birth, and Nobles would be extremely hard to kill due to the fact they are knights. Wait there is one more .. you killing a Seer would be pretty hard as I figure the Seer would see you would kill him if he told you the truth.

Hold a Spot for me.
Can I please Reserve a spot?
Yes to both of you :)

I never killed a Noble, I just tried to hurt him. Malakai was only around nine at the time. If you read the sentance, it says that Malakai was beaten and thrown out on the streets. And who knows if the seer was truly a seer? He could have just been a faker. Nobody knows! If you wish although, I will change it, My Master.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: 1 Slot Left !
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 05:36:54 pm »

My stuff is done, checkit.

My char was a street kid, before getting arrested and drafted into the 'Junior Army Scouts'-pretty much a dumping point for the army to use trouble some kids as non-combat recon soldiers. She argued with a superior after a tough fight got her friends killed, got locked up again and got drafted as a Ranger Apprentice. She's been trying to escape the rangers ever since.

Spoiler: Done-o! (click to show/hide)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Apprentice RTD: 1 Slot Left !
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 05:42:54 pm »

Well there you go Dwarmin your test to be chosen to begin training to become a Ranger's Apprentice will be you escaping from jail :)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 05:45:59 pm »

I never killed a Noble, I just tried to hurt him. Malakai was only around nine at the time. If you read the sentance, it says that Malakai was beaten and thrown out on the streets. And who knows if the seer was truly a seer? He could have just been a faker. Nobody knows! If you wish although, I will change it, My Master.
Sorry about the thinking you killed the Noble, but on the other one you can't pretend to be a Seer for if you are found to be a fraud you are hung. You won't be able to kill either, sorry, but your story is all inline besides the killing a Seer. I have decided your test as well though your will be kept secret

Sorry about double post

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 05:51:09 pm »

Sorry about the thinking you killed the Noble, but on the other one you can't pretend to be a Seer for if you are found to be a fraud you are hung. You won't be able to kill either, sorry, but your story is all inline besides the killing a Seer. I have decided your test as well though your will be kept secret

Sorry about double post

Hey, hey! No problem dude. You're basically doing fifty different things at once, so I don't blame you for missing a few words. Heck, I did it myself just recently! Also, I changed it, so that should be better. I'm glad that my test is a secret, I really love secrets. Thanks for letting me in, I'll make sure to do my utmost best!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17