Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: For Your Consideration  (Read 3874 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: For Your Consideration
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2011, 11:38:01 pm »

I think it'd work better if it wasn't such an innacurate analogy.

The only way this is messing with my head is with my previous notion that you were intelligent.

Go lie down for a while and come back when you're a tad calmer.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2011, 11:49:49 pm »

...If I'm digesting tribe members, I hope they don't make little huts in my small intestine.

Blue happens to be my favorite color >.>

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 11:52:02 pm »

I feel for the plight of the poor, defenseless Yellows. Which is why I have made the choice to only consume the flesh of the murderous Reds and Greens.
That quote sounds to me more like a joke than a messed-with head.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 12:07:21 am »

I feel for the plight of the poor, defenseless Yellows. Which is why I have made the choice to only consume the flesh of the murderous Reds and Greens.
That quote sounds to me more like a joke than a messed-with head.

Yes. Though to be honest, I really don't eat vegetables as much as I probably should.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2011, 12:15:33 am »

You do realize that plants compete against and will kill each other, right? Those tall and mighty redwood trees survived because they managed to outgrow the competition, taking all of the resources for themselves. Lichens and fungus can infest other plants, killing them. Many plants are poisonous and will kill animals, and there's a certain fungus that basically zombifies ants.

I'm not even touching the rest.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2011, 12:31:10 am »

This is a bad analogy and you should feel bad. I mean, for starters, the Yellows are hardly innocent - they use the bodies of helpless Purples to turn the wheels they use to grind Plaids into food for themselves. Truly, it is the twin plights of the Purple and Plaid that is most shameful to let pass.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2011, 12:33:38 am »

TL;DR everyone is competing with eachother and eating/depending on eachother in some way.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2011, 12:37:09 am »

Say, have you ever noticed that we taste like sweeter, fattier pork?
I can't confirm that we taste like that, but I CAN confirm that we smell like that when toasted. When you're in a room with someone cutting through a dude's fat with a monopolar cutter, a strong aroma of delicious bacon fills the air.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2011, 12:47:49 am »

I can't confirm that we taste like that, but I CAN confirm that we smell like that when toasted. When you're in a room with someone cutting through a dude's fat with a monopolar cutter, a strong aroma of delicious bacon fills the air.

I don't know what I should be more disturbed by, the fact that there is a discussion concerning the level of tastiness of a human being, or the fact that it's making me hungry.

I've had someone tell me that they once mistook the smell of a burning corpse for a BBQ. Before now, I thought they were joking.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2011, 05:49:00 am »

I don't know what I should be more disturbed by, the fact that there is a discussion concerning the level of tastiness of a human being, or the fact that it's making me hungry.

I've had someone tell me that they once mistook the smell of a burning corpse for a BBQ. Before now, I thought they were joking.
Human meat is called long pork for a reason. It tastes quite similar, I hear.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2011, 09:09:21 am »

Human meat is called long pork for a reason. It tastes quite similar, I hear.
Meat is meat.

Which brings up another question, could you make bacon from a man?
EDIT: Or a woman, I dont discriminate.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 09:33:15 am »

Of course you could. Human meat isn't really much different than other meat, except we're generally pretty scrawny and have a high bone:flesh ratio. Not all that economical.

But if you wanted, you could certainly make a manburger.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

gildarumarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 10:40:20 am »

And some of Yellows have mating ritual which involves parts of their genitals being eaten by Greens and Reds :o

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 02:33:46 pm »

Of course you could. Human meat isn't really much different than other meat, except we're generally pretty scrawny and have a high bone:flesh ratio. Not all that economical.

But if you wanted, you could certainly make a manburger.

Brings new meaning to the word "manwich".

Funny, I think I can still remember the jingle for that crappy stuff...

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 07:35:16 pm »

The OP is clearly an ELF, and we all know what to do with elves...
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?
Pages: 1 2 [3]