Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Online DRM is BadŽ  (Read 5400 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
Re: Online DRM is BadŽ
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2011, 04:35:40 pm »

Just a remark for anyone who has the steam offline mode couldn't not connect to server error.
Even though your starting in offline mode it will try to connect if there is a network availble(ak hamachi, nonfunctional network) . Deactivating those fixed the problem for me.

I might be wrong though, I haven't really tested it.

I didn't have Hamachi at the time that was going on. Like I said, though, they explicitly stated fixing that in one of the Steam updates, and after testing it out with a pal, they really had.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2011, 04:46:20 pm »

Oh, my bad, didn't read the whole topic.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/12/08/football-manager-2012-steam-integration-declared-a-success-we-got-cracked-after-10-days/
DRM seems to be really succesfull nowadays.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2011, 05:21:14 pm »

Hm... it would be cool if publishers sent out patches removing DRM a couple weeks or a month after release (in fact I know that Egosoft has sold DRM-free re-releases of their games).

Of course, the people who waited ten days to pirate it still got a "better" game.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2011, 12:20:43 am »

I'm not playing Diablo 3, because they forbid modding in its terms of service.  I'll wait for Torchlight 2.  If it sucks, mods will fix that.  If I get bored of it, mods will fix that.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]