Other Projects > Play With Your Buddies

AGEOD's The American Civil War

<< < (2/17) > >>

Deadmeat1471:
The Beginning!

Replacements we can buy(these will fill depleted units)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ships we can make

Units we can raise(not replacements)[/b]

Industrialisation potentials

Financial options
Our northern armies, right hand one is the army of the Potomac, our main army of the theater and contains 5 army corps + reserves.
The middle is Banks, with 1 Corps approximately.
The left is General Fremont with a few brigades covering our far left flank.
Our southern armies commanded by Ambrose Burnside

Deadmeat1471:
Actions already taken:

Heavy industrialisation of New York, medium in a few others, heavy cost in 'war materials', but I think it will be ok - may have to scale it back in a turn or two so theres more resources left for military constructions.

War bonds 5% - Money given from true patriots for the cause.

Dsarker:
Posting to watch.

Deadmeat1471:
I think one thing to remember about this game, it doesn't stop you making too many troops. Last game I had 60,000 men in washington waiting to be assigned to brigades with leaders and divisions and corps. You can literally spam out troops if you feel like it, but the leadership will be piss poor and theyll be next to useless, we need to make enough troops for our leaders to handle and keep them up to scratch, rather than zerg. Leaders are a rare commodity in this game, you cannot make them you have to wait for them to appear in provinces. This happens more often as the war goes on however.
The only limiting factor is manpower really, and this will hamper recruitment after a few turns of volunteers and drafts, but then you have a glut of troops with no one to command them! Having said this, all new units ill send to washington to stack before they get dispersed to whatever unit needs them.

RedKing:
Man, why couldn't you have taken the Grey...oh well. One of my wife's ancestors was a Lieutenant in the 120th New York Infantry (which at this point in the game would be in the Excelsior Brigade, probably under Sickles), and a few of my ancestors were in the 52nd North Carolina Infantry (with Pettigrew's Brigade at this point).

If the Excelsior Brigade is there, I'll take command of that (or whatever corps it's attached to if a brigade is too small to command).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version