Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: The API of the Gods V2.0! Less complicated! Hylemorphic dualism!  (Read 7290 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: The API of the Gods V2.0! Less complicated! Hylemorphic dualism!
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2011, 04:23:54 pm »

mine is !!SCIENCE!! so we must do it!!!!111!!!!eleven!!one!!!

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2011, 05:26:27 pm »

Our neighbors on the left side were always assholes to us. Lets pay them back by corrupting their house as much as possible.
Don't do this. Slide into psycopathy aside, that house is right next to ours. We don't want to be showered with lovecraftian shrapnel.
Soaplent green is goblins!

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2011, 06:04:31 pm »

Inject() light emiting properties of a street lamp into cyborg ants eyes
Inject() material properties of steel street lamp pole into cyborg ants chitin (armor plates now)

HIghly Corrupt() a laptop and the cyborg ant (but not its mind, the computer will be the mind) together and downsize it to 10 CM or 5 inches

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2011, 09:25:33 pm »

Micro-update:

You figure you can repeat the infinite ink pen trick with a plastic gallon of salt water to create infinite water sources, and have a script sprinkle them all over the seabed. That would get you something resembling a sea, though any sea life is still probably doomed. Also, the composition won't be right, which for all you know will bring about the end of the world... OK, continue the end of the world as you know it.

You start the script anyway. There's around three hundred quintillion gallons of ocean water missing, and as fast as you can get it to run you calculate it'll still take about eight days to refill it all. This is assuming no one annihilates the entire planet in the mean time, which is not necessarily a safe assumption anymore.
Check out my books at O and H Books

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 15, 2011, 04:24:00 am »

We...

We should probably have taken a sample of "The planet" as it was before this all started to happen, shouldn't we. :I
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Time Blossom

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:COUCH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 15, 2011, 04:44:38 am »

Hrm... could we maybe try and figure out where the Time, Decay, Age or similar marker is for the oceanic ecosphere and multiply it by negative one to get it back to the way it was before? Eventually?

This would also be a useful thing to be able to do in general. Probably too useful, actually, as it seems a bit of a gamebreaker--then again, tell that to the guy who accidentally the whole seven seas.

Anyway, yeah, guess the basic idea is to figure out how to heal things, then apply said method to the ocean. Possibly antithetical to a Chaos Demideity, but on the other hand--it's the last thing they'd expect.
Time Blossom cancels everything: NaNoWriMo

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 15, 2011, 05:22:00 am »

Being able to undo things that go wrong would be really useful, yeah.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 15, 2011, 12:39:22 pm »

to that unlimited thing to a floodgate at a dam

Rip goat, more loli

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2011, 03:44:23 pm »

find a dollar bill, then clone the heck out of it.

Done. It's probably not worth much now, though, considering that the world is coming to an end, more or less.

>CONQUER CITY WITH CYBERANTS.

A sonic boom shakes your house as a wing of fighters fly over. Come to think of it, now would be a great time to take over the world, starting with your home town.

Then again, giant cyborg ants with hands for mandibles would probably be a bit noticeable, and you probably don't want that. Still, you can go ahead and get ready. You write a simple script to replicate your CyberAnts several thousand times and grow to the size of trucks. Then you work this script into the form of a grenade. Instant army, just pull the pin!

>Cat.

You have so many ideas on what to do with your cat, you do them all. You inject your car, your cat, your blender, your Engine-Block Exoskeleton, your laser pen, the wings of a fighter flying above, the dharma chains, your computer, and anything else you can think of.

The ABOMINABLE CAT MACHINE is the result. Like a twenty-foot tall metal cat, it has whirling knives for fur and dharma chains for whiskers. In its left paw it holds a laser sword, in its right, Ant Grenades. It can spit lighter fluid. The wings aren't technically functional--for that matter, almost none of it is necessary, but with velocity experiments from throwing pens you can get it to fly. Not that you need to, because it can teleport short distances, too.

It is, of course, still a cat. It is now licking its blade-fur with its shovel-tongue. Aw, aren't you a pretty twenty-foot tall death machine/kitty? You'd scratch it behind its ear, but you can't reach and it'd probably cut your fingers to shreds.

You also still have your original cat, which you hug, and for that matter the original original is probably out there somewhere. Yourself, do things get confusing once you start copying other objects--HEY WAIT NO KITTY STOP WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?

Well, who would have guessed that taking a carnivore that instinctually hunts small, moving objects and enlarging it to the point where a car is relatively the size of a mouse might lead to issues in the future?

CONQUER CITY WITH CYBORG ANTS AND CAT AS COMPANION.

Since your cover is blown, you might as well go ahead and conquer the place. You throw a few Ant Grenades and hop in the ACM. You have no real use for the city anyway, but it's a great beta test, to work out little issues like your ants attacking the ACM and the ACM trying to eat the ants, or the ants tearing down your house. On the bright side, you don't need to fix that plumbing leak anymore.

You level your neighbor's house, and Corrupt() the rubble for good measure. That'll teach him to use his blinker.

CONTINUE CORRUPTION EXPERIMENTS

While outside your Cyborg Ants spread chaos, you introduce chaos to their smaller brethren. You never know what you might find in Corrupt()ion. And you have an unlimited supply.

Several piles of wasted ants later, you hit the jackpot. One mutAnt refuses to be banished. In fact, you can't Inject() to it at all.

With a feverish attempt to find exactly how you did what you did, you confirm it: You've just discovered how to write-protect objects.

Spoiler: STATUS (click to show/hide)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 22, 2011, 04:22:38 pm »

> Make another of those machine cats, move your mind over to that body replacing the original cat mind. Write protect, but don't copy-protect, yourself.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2011, 06:07:24 pm »

> Make another of those machine cats, move your mind over to that body replacing the original cat mind. Write protect, but don't copy-protect, yourself.

Experimenting with write-protection, you try creating a minature, write-protected ACM.

It appears write-protection, quite simply, prevents anything magical from altering the object. Normal physical interactions, such as gravity, are unaffected. However, write-protection "protects" the object from changing itself.

Without your various magics powering it, your tiny ACM kitty is inert. You could possibly write-protect only the exoskeleton, but if you were inside or mind-piloting it somehow you wouldn't be able to cast spells outside of it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]