Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69175 times)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #180 on: January 09, 2012, 04:45:27 pm »

I've added a/b/c questions, check them please :).

All these things are possible.. it is just a matter of time. I've got people wanting fortress building, energy shields etc. -- so yes, I can do these things, but it may be a few versions out. I've already thought about (b), having small, non-aggressive animals, which is likely to be the first thing on your list that gets done. We will have to stick with flat flowers for the meantime.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 09, 2012, 05:01:21 pm »

While crafting will be a good while away, could you add the ability to create/program ETU's and Suit enhancements? Similar to how FPGAs worked in 3069.

The problem in 3069 was that FPGAs just turned out far too random, so I was hoping for a Skyrim-esque enhancement system. Decompile an existing ETU/Enhancement (Which destroys it) and you'll be able to add that effect to any blank ETU/FPGA.

The problem lies in how to balance it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 09, 2012, 05:10:39 pm »

Good idea, blaze.

I've uploaded R2 with new faces for monsters, new demon skin, new doors and elevators with glowing arrows, unique blasters and 2nd armor and a few other improvements (including sniper scope overlay, better than in the upcoming video, chill).

3079 - Deon's textures Release 2

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bfez888lpuznvrr
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODT5agAEhhI
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 05:21:01 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 09, 2012, 06:35:53 pm »

Good idea, blaze.

I've uploaded R2 with new faces for monsters, new demon skin, new doors and elevators with glowing arrows, unique blasters and 2nd armor and a few other improvements (including sniper scope overlay, better than in the upcoming video, chill).

3079 - Deon's textures Release 2

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bfez888lpuznvrr
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODT5agAEhhI

:o :o :o

Another note about the grass textures -- the grass textures in the bottom left half are forest grass, which I had look a little darker. You can do what you want with it, but it is nice to have a little different texture when you enter the forest biome. Also, those currently solid grass textures to the right of the building block go in this order:

1, 2, 3: Normal grass deviations
4: Forest grass deviation

Oh, and another  :o for good measure  :P

AussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • [Australian]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 09, 2012, 06:56:37 pm »

I recently won this at the giveaway, and I'm having a pretty good time playing it, just a few things that I would like.

1. Day/night cycle is way too fast. For example, I started a quest at day time, by the time I got there (It wasn't even that far away) it was night.
2. More varied building types. Instead of the same tower thing every time, how about villages, forts or military complexes?
3. Too many demons? In my current game, there is about 4-5 demons outside the tower I'm hiding and it kind of ruins the fun when you spend a lot of time just sitting there, waiting for them to go away, listening to that scary music.

Other then that, fantastic work phr00t! I hope this game goes well.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 04:52:10 am by AussieGuy »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 09, 2012, 07:32:20 pm »

I recently won this at a the giveaway, and I'm having a pretty good time playing it, just a few things that I would like.

1. Day/night cycle is way too fast. For example, I started a quest at day time, by the time I got there (It wasn't even that far away) it was night.
2. More varied building types. Instead of the same tower thing every time, how about villages, forts or military complexes?
3. Too many demons? In my current game, there is about 4-5 demons outside the tower I'm hiding and it kind of ruins the fun when you spend a lot of time just sitting there, waiting to go away, listening to that scary music.

Other then that, fantastic work phr00t! I hope this game goes well.

1) Yeah, I will extend it -- this has been requested a few times.
2) I agree this is something that needs to be done, but it may be a few releases out -- it is a pretty complex feature.
3) Yeah, I can reduce them a bit.

Thanks for the suggestions and support guys! I'm keeping busy working on it  :D

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 09, 2012, 08:06:56 pm »

On the subject of building types, it would be nice to see buildings that could support having giants in them.
Thank you based dwarf.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 09, 2012, 09:21:46 pm »

On the subject of giants, how about no? Wouldn't it be nicer to have giant vehicles (robots, walkers, kinda like current ships which I like) rather than oversized pokemons? :P

Also god damn it, the game supports only 360x360 textures for the sky/side... WHYYY! I have such a lovely star sky texture, could you make it 1024x1024 at least please?!

P.S. What we need in terms of buildings is some "mars base" variant looking like levels from Doom or Duke. It would make exploring bases and fighting enemies much funnier! Basically bigger buildings with corridors betweens rooms (not just rooms next to rooms) and with some random machinery/props which I can easily sprite.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 09, 2012, 09:47:04 pm »

The Deon's 3079 texture pack just hit release 3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e090ml5yto6v46i

New water, new sky (night sky).

Also the ground is a bit brighter, so you can actually see something not on 100% at night.

Here's the water:

PLEASE GIMME 1024x1024 sky! :P
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:51:27 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 10, 2012, 10:34:10 am »

The Deon's 3079 texture pack just hit release 3:

http://www.mediafire.com/?e090ml5yto6v46i

New water, new sky (night sky).

Also the ground is a bit brighter, so you can actually see something not on 100% at night.

Here's the water:

PLEASE GIMME 1024x1024 sky! :P

I haven't had time to look at this new texture pack (fixing bugs) -- but I wanted to mention I remember having trouble getting high resolution textures on the skybox myself (e.g. I don't do anything in my code that I know of to artificially limit the texture size). I may have to get some help from the jMonkeyEngine team.

So, I'd really like to use these texture packs in the main distribution, do I have your permission?  :D (tons of credit given, of course)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:42:18 am by phr00t »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 10, 2012, 11:01:57 am »

Also, Deon, I went through your textures -- amazing as expected  :D

I noticed you tweaked the forest grass texture, which is great. However, I noticed a slight blue hue in some of the light levels of the forest grass. Might it have been a copy & paste error or something?

Looking forward to future texture updates -- keep up the great work!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 10, 2012, 11:19:54 am »

I've just made a slight hue gradient for forest grass to appear a bit blueish in the sunlight. If you don't like it, I can change it. And of course you can use the textures.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 10, 2012, 11:30:19 am »

I've just made a slight hue gradient for forest grass to appear a bit blueish in the sunlight. If you don't like it, I can change it. And of course you can use the textures.

Ahhh, OK. I only found it odd since the hue was on some of the light levels, but not others -- it might look weird when the forest grass is lit by a light, and not sunlight, since only a circular band around the light would have the blue hue.  :-\

And thanks, I look forward to putting the textures in :-) Let me know when you get a final texture sheet ready, I'm planning on having a new release out for this weekend.  :D

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 10, 2012, 09:14:01 pm »

Just want to let anyone interested know that the game is available on Desura in case you missed the announcement.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 11, 2012, 03:16:05 am »

After further playing I seriously feel that you should work on the systematization. The totally random spread of creatures over terrain moving in random patterns is the biggest problem I see.

Having some actual bases and AI patrols/raids would help A LOT. Because right now I feel like I am playing Diablo2 if you know what I mean :).

Of course it's just a suggestion, if you want to take the game the other way, sorry for bothering :). But it always bugs me in many games how there're "creatures scattered around landscape" for no apparent reason (actually FPS rarely do it, but many bad RPG games do it to easily "fill" locations).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26