Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69463 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2012, 09:42:54 am »

Those dudes are retards and MC fanboys, I despise their videos :P. Their constant "ewwww" and a total lack of common sense put me off.

And a black marketing is still marketing. I am sure many people will try your game for a few reasons, namely: 1) to see what happens if you do NOT derp around and actually try to play a game, 2) to see if this game is really that bad or 3) seeing some interesting elements in their random strolling to check them out.

Meanwhile, why do you want the GiMP file? I'm mostly done with textures, but why not just .png? I've added some "night glowing" effects and those do not work with your GiMP layers. Couldn't you just use the textures I will give you? :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 09:45:53 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2012, 10:11:32 am »

Those dudes are retards and MC fanboys, I despise their videos :P. Their constant "ewwww" and a total lack of common sense put me off.

And a black marketing is still marketing. I am sure many people will try your game for a few reasons, namely: 1) to see what happens if you do NOT derp around and actually try to play a game, 2) to see if this game is really that bad or 3) seeing some interesting elements in their random strolling to check them out.

Meanwhile, why do you want the GiMP file? I'm mostly done with textures, but why not just .png? I've added some "night glowing" effects and those do not work with your GiMP layers. Couldn't you just use the textures I will give you? :)

Yeah, .PNG is fine. I use GIMP, so having a GIMP file is nice, but not necessary (and not very useful if it doesn't support your neat effects). I'm really looking forward to your textures! I've done a ton of bug fixing on my end -- hope to have the next release out sometime tomorrow.

Bitoru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2012, 10:32:45 am »

And there goes my Yogscast subscription. I wonder why did I subscribe in the first place...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2012, 10:38:55 am »

I wonder why did you do it too :). Guys screaming like a girl are not my cup of tea.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2012, 12:51:54 pm »

Gotta say, I watch yogscast. I like it. But my god they are retards.
However...
I think this is some unexpected and good publicity for the game tho! those guys are really popular.

*after watching the video, I am reminded of how they just troll about instead of playing a game properly. So. I think they should stick to minecraft ;)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:00:49 pm by Deadmeat1471 »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2012, 01:14:30 pm »

Gotta say, I watch yogscast. I like it. But my god they are retards.
However...
I think this is some unexpected and good publicity for the game tho! those guys are really popular.

*after watching the video, I am reminded of how they just troll about instead of playing a game properly. So. I think they should stick to minecraft ;)

I found the video pretty funny, because they were totally just goofing around and not playing it properly (e.g. punching friendly merchants). I totally appreciate the publicity, which actually has been pretty positive  :D

Also, they uncovered some bugs -- like difficulty getting up and down elevators & biome borders, two things that are fixed in the next release. I'm pretty much done with the code side of things; just patiently waiting for Deon's texture magic  ;D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2012, 01:24:52 pm »

GImme 7 hours to sleep and they will be yours :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2012, 01:49:19 pm »

GImme 7 hours to sleep and they will be yours :).

You got it  ;D

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2012, 07:20:04 pm »

Most of minecraft community have some sort of mental affliction/just bad/annoying/dumb people, that includes Yogscast, they are a big bunch of jerks.
This is much more fun that craftmine and you should never be discouraged by the endless flood of shitfarts going "LOL MINECRAFT RIPOFF"

I hope your forums will be strictly moderated to prevent dumb people from invading them and turning 3079 into another game full of shitfarts that do nothing but whine and request anime skins of everything. I can always lend a hand with cleaning away the shitposting.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 12, 2012, 07:38:05 pm »

Yeah, I'll be honest, the yogscast guys always annoyed me-not just because of what they are like, but because of how obnoxious their voices are. Their look at the game was more in line with 'lol lets dick around and completely ignore anything approaching intelligent behavior' than anything else.

Also, probably going to buy this as soon as I can scrape together the cash, as the five minutes it took me to hit the level cap in the demo was more than enough to sell me on it.  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2012, 04:38:37 am »

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2012, 07:09:31 am »

Here you go: http://www.mediafire.com/?2isa89q4w20bbig.

Awesome! Unfortunately, my 3 month old woke up with a fever this morning :( Still going to try and get this out for tonight, though...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2012, 08:16:30 am »

Ouch, I know how you feel, we are already 5 y.o. and I went through all of that. Have a strength, young father! :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2012, 11:42:25 am »

I always thought the Yogcraft guys being terrible at the games they play was part of the appeal? I've certainly never expected to see quality playing or accurate criticism from them, though I've enjoyed some of their videos.

K1ll3rm4n

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2012, 12:34:17 pm »

I am sorry if this was answered before, but how the update system works? Do I have to download 3079 again or does it check updates at start-up? Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26