Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69669 times)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2012, 07:32:12 pm »

I've signed in my Desura account... And I've got a gift of 3079? How does it work? :D

No idea.. I've never bought a game / been gifted one on Desura before  :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2012, 04:35:38 am »

I mean does it mean that I can give Desura copy to my bro, and are you okay with that? :)
I can't gift it to anyone else because it's tied to my account.

I was wondering why did Desura gift me a copy because I've never bought anything from them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 17, 2012, 04:40:44 am »

I forgot to say that I like floating bases, but I think they would benefit from some root-like structure though, updown pyramids everywhere look a bit monotonous.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 17, 2012, 10:40:15 am »

I mean does it mean that I can give Desura copy to my bro, and are you okay with that? :)
I can't gift it to anyone else because it's tied to my account.

I was wondering why did Desura gift me a copy because I've never bought anything from them.

You did buy from BMT Micro, so you were also getting a copy on Desura. However, it technically is just your copy, and not your brother's -- so technically he should buy it himself... technically ;D

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #259 on: January 17, 2012, 01:31:57 pm »

He's also technically done free artwork for you. :P

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 17, 2012, 01:43:27 pm »

He certainly has! I don't mind him giving his Desura account to someone else because of all the great work he did for 3079 (which is why I said "technically" so many times, hehe). However, generally, for people who purchased the game on one distribution system, and got a copy of it on another distribution system -- doesn't mean they have two copies. It just means they own the game across multiple game distribution systems.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2012, 01:44:31 pm »

Oh I know, just poking fun at all the technical qualifiers.  :)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 17, 2012, 03:43:57 pm »

Heh, does that mean if i make a Desura account i will get it on there too? Aint Desura like an alternative to Steam or something?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2012, 03:55:04 pm »

He certainly has! I don't mind him giving his Desura account to someone else because of all the great work he did for 3079 (which is why I said "technically" so many times, hehe). However, generally, for people who purchased the game on one distribution system, and got a copy of it on another distribution system -- doesn't mean they have two copies. It just means they own the game across multiple game distribution systems.
Eh, we play the games in the same room on two PCs, so I am not giving him my account :P. Just the game for multiplayer.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 17, 2012, 03:55:15 pm »

Desura is "generally" a more Indie-friendly alternative to Steam with some exclusive games not on Steam and rather supportive of the Alpha/Beta funding notion---also they've a Linux client and I think a Mac one in the works.

They are growing nicely, and should continue to do so if they avoid too many harmful decision.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 17, 2012, 03:57:32 pm »

Heh, does that mean if i make a Desura account i will get it on there too? Aint Desura like an alternative to Steam or something?

Depends on when you purchased 3079 via my website. When I got signed on to Desura, I gave the Desura team all of my current customers. They automatically made Desura keys for everyone. If you buy from my website now, there isn't any automatic way to give Desura keys to purchasers, and I can't manage giving keys to both systems for everyone  :-\

Desura is "generally" a more Indie-friendly alternative to Steam with some exclusive games not on Steam and rather supportive of the Alpha/Beta funding notion---also they've a Linux client and I think a Mac one in the works.

They are growing nicely, and should continue to do so if they avoid too many harmful decision.

I'm working on getting on GamersGate -- possibly by this weekend. Movin' on up! Maybe Steam will take me once I'm on both Desura and GamersGate?  :D

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 18, 2012, 10:07:05 am »

Depends on when you purchased 3079 via my website. When I got signed on to Desura, I gave the Desura team all of my current customers. They automatically made Desura keys for everyone. If you buy from my website now, there isn't any automatic way to give Desura keys to purchasers, and I can't manage giving keys to both systems for everyone  :-\

I'm working on getting on GamersGate -- possibly by this weekend. Movin' on up! Maybe Steam will take me once I'm on both Desura and GamersGate?  :D

Cant you remember me? Im the fanfart guy that made those drawings for ye
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 18, 2012, 10:38:36 am »

Cant you remember me? Im the fanfart guy that made those drawings for ye

Oh I certainly remember you -- your fan ART is still going strong! :) I was answering the question for everyone, not just you :P

getter77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 18, 2012, 03:06:46 pm »

It is possible, more the merrier.  It took being out awhile and being on other services before S.P.A.Z. could turn their early rejection into a good acceptance IIRC---just gotta keep at it and improving all the while.

somedude

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2012, 12:26:43 am »

I have a couple more suggestions based on some additional play:

-I know some people have mentioned maps before, which are an excellent idea, but one thing I think would be very useful would be a little HUD display indicating the current level of the area that you're in, and maybe something pointing the direction towards the next higher and lower areas.  Without this information, I find it rather easy to wander too far afield and get into a situation where everything is too high-level to take on, get turned around, and have no idea how to get back to a safer area.  Sometimes the generated terrain will have some decent landmarks that can help you find your way back, but I think it would be helpful to have a better way to orient yourself in the game's procedurally-generated environment.

-Consider having a way to highlight inventory items or maintain item inventory positions across death/resurrection.  If you're carrying a lot of inventory, there's not currently a good way to differentiate equipment at a glance (just general item shapes), so every time you resurrect you may have to mouse-over a lot of equipment to figure out what you were actually using vs. what you were holding for trade, re-equip everything, and so on, which can take quite a bit of time and aggravation on resurrection, which in this game can happen often (or at least it does the way I play it  :-[).

-Related to that, I think it would be great to be able to flag inventory items as "jettisonable," and have a hotkey set up to jettison everything in that category in one go.  This would allow you to hang on to stuff to trade but also be able to dump it all to use your grapple quickly if needed, rather than trying to evaluate the items in your inventory and dump them one by one in the scant few seconds before a demon mops the floor with you...

Edit:  After another play session, a quick suggestion and a possible bug:

-Would it be possible to have an "item weight" listing in item attributes as well?  This would make equipment/weight calculations much easier.
-I picked up a new antigrav pack from a vendor and placed it in inventory, but the hotkey says "no valid packs" when I try to use it.  However, the antigrav pack appears in inventory just fine, and works correctly when I toggle it on and off with the mouse.  Packs that I've picked up from drops and appear in inventory, however, do work correctly with the hotkey.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 01:14:36 am by somedude »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 26