Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69172 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #270 on: January 19, 2012, 11:35:26 am »

Heh, does that mean if i make a Desura account i will get it on there too? Aint Desura like an alternative to Steam or something?

Depends on when you purchased 3079 via my website. When I got signed on to Desura, I gave the Desura team all of my current customers. They automatically made Desura keys for everyone. If you buy from my website now, there isn't any automatic way to give Desura keys to purchasers, and I can't manage giving keys to both systems for everyone  :-\

Desura is "generally" a more Indie-friendly alternative to Steam with some exclusive games not on Steam and rather supportive of the Alpha/Beta funding notion---also they've a Linux client and I think a Mac one in the works.

They are growing nicely, and should continue to do so if they avoid too many harmful decision.

I'm working on getting on GamersGate -- possibly by this weekend. Movin' on up! Maybe Steam will take me once I'm on both Desura and GamersGate?  :D

Cant you remember me? Im the fanfart guy that made those drawings for ye

Oh I certainly remember you -- your fan ART is still going strong! :) I was answering the question for everyone, not just you :P

Oh :)

Also, mechs, preferable customiseable too.
And devils in giant mechs.
Also a new race, wildlife, has their  head mounted on their neck like a humanoid, but their stance is.. well animal like, dosent have classes and attacks with various things such as claws, stingers, teeth, and even weird alien stuff like rays and spurting chemicals. Would also have a much more random size, ranging from mice to super-size space bear. Also flocking/packing behavior.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 20, 2012, 12:59:42 pm »

I have a couple more suggestions based on some additional play:

-I know some people have mentioned maps before, which are an excellent idea, but one thing I think would be very useful would be a little HUD display indicating the current level of the area that you're in, and maybe something pointing the direction towards the next higher and lower areas.  Without this information, I find it rather easy to wander too far afield and get into a situation where everything is too high-level to take on, get turned around, and have no idea how to get back to a safer area.  Sometimes the generated terrain will have some decent landmarks that can help you find your way back, but I think it would be helpful to have a better way to orient yourself in the game's procedurally-generated environment.

-Consider having a way to highlight inventory items or maintain item inventory positions across death/resurrection.  If you're carrying a lot of inventory, there's not currently a good way to differentiate equipment at a glance (just general item shapes), so every time you resurrect you may have to mouse-over a lot of equipment to figure out what you were actually using vs. what you were holding for trade, re-equip everything, and so on, which can take quite a bit of time and aggravation on resurrection, which in this game can happen often (or at least it does the way I play it  :-[).

-Related to that, I think it would be great to be able to flag inventory items as "jettisonable," and have a hotkey set up to jettison everything in that category in one go.  This would allow you to hang on to stuff to trade but also be able to dump it all to use your grapple quickly if needed, rather than trying to evaluate the items in your inventory and dump them one by one in the scant few seconds before a demon mops the floor with you...

Edit:  After another play session, a quick suggestion and a possible bug:

-Would it be possible to have an "item weight" listing in item attributes as well?  This would make equipment/weight calculations much easier.
-I picked up a new antigrav pack from a vendor and placed it in inventory, but the hotkey says "no valid packs" when I try to use it.  However, the antigrav pack appears in inventory just fine, and works correctly when I toggle it on and off with the mouse.  Packs that I've picked up from drops and appear in inventory, however, do work correctly with the hotkey.

1) I agree on the compass thing. It may first start out as a simple console command, like /compass that would say "You are heading XYZ, towarded higher level area."

2) I think I may have a solution for this.. e.g. have the items remember their inventory positions on pickup.

3) Yeah, this is a bug that will be fixed in the next release -- which should be coming very soon (within 24 hours for BMT Micro, later for Desura which has an approval period).

4) Yeah, item weights being listed is on the to-do list!

Also, mechs, preferable customiseable too.
And devils in giant mechs.
Also a new race, wildlife, has their  head mounted on their neck like a humanoid, but their stance is.. well animal like, dosent have classes and attacks with various things such as claws, stingers, teeth, and even weird alien stuff like rays and spurting chemicals. Would also have a much more random size, ranging from mice to super-size space bear. Also flocking/packing behavior.

Quite the suggestion list there  :D All sound very cool -- in good time  ;D

Sorry I haven't been around so often, things are really picking up! I'm getting on even more game distribution sites & really trying to get this next version out the door! Thanks everyone :)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 21, 2012, 10:42:26 pm »

v2.4.13b out!

* Multiplayer has been completely redone & should be much better
* Z shortcut for antigrav device fixed
* Demon pull has been reduced to 90% of your movement speed
* Extended the allowed name to 9 characters
* Multiplayer client should no longer get hung up waiting on incoming chunks when trying to quit
* "Life support brownout" now reads "Insufficient energy to fire!"
* Will now try to detect whether your machine can support my anti-aliasing shader
* Fall damage will no longer be calculated on the server
* Grenades are now less bouncy
* Added a "/help" note on the console
* Added more help to the "Game Guide" on the main menu
* Added an "Easy Mode" to the game, set when starting a new game
* Added an option to change the "Field of View" when configuring graphics
* Multiplayer server tweets now show version number
* Fixed a memory leak in collision detection
* Made chat text a bit brighter
* Added some help about getting the right IP address when sharing multiplayer info
* Fixed a crash that would happen with certain graphics hardware
* Fixed a crash with multiplayer grappling hook use (may still have some minor bugs...)
* Fixed a crash when a merchant dies while trading with them in multiplayer

@ http://3079.phr00t.com/

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2012, 12:29:38 pm »

Hey guys -- big update!

Fortress building was the #1 requested feature -- so I'm starting to work on that. You'll buy or find a "Construction Tool" you can use to build things. It will have construction points -- walls will take 1 point, doors 4 etc.

I'm also moving away from the Minecraft look, giving my game a more unique look (since the feel is already so different) -- I'm adding more polygons to the characters, as shown here by this fabulous leader :P

It looks pretty good for the big models too, like capital ships.

Oh, and 3079 is now available @ GamersGate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-3079/3079-beta

Thanks again!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2012, 12:49:32 pm »

Hey guys -- big update!

Fortress building was the #1 requested feature -- so I'm starting to work on that. You'll buy or find a "Construction Tool" you can use to build things. It will have construction points -- walls will take 1 point, doors 4 etc.

I'm also moving away from the Minecraft look, giving my game a more unique look (since the feel is already so different) -- I'm adding more polygons to the characters, as shown here by this fabulous leader :P

It looks pretty good for the big models too, like capital ships.

Oh, and 3079 is now available @ GamersGate: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-3079/3079-beta

Thanks again!

HELL YES!

And i just had to follow the link to get a new update right?

My main wish now is an autoupdater!

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 25, 2012, 01:20:45 pm »

Yup, follow the original BMT Micro download link to get the latest 3079Installer.jar

I'd love an auto-updater too, but it would require a central server that was aware of all the people who bought the game via Desura, BMT Micro, GamersGate & soon-to-be more places :-\

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 25, 2012, 03:46:05 pm »

Yup, follow the original BMT Micro download link to get the latest 3079Installer.jar

I'd love an auto-updater too, but it would require a central server that was aware of all the people who bought the game via Desura, BMT Micro, GamersGate & soon-to-be more places :-\

Im quite sure most of them has an autoupdate function, atleast steam has one.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 25, 2012, 04:54:12 pm »

Yeah, the Desura/GamersGate clients have update functionality, so if you purchase from there, you get that service. I'm just saying, if I put an auto-updater into my game itself, it'd have to check a central server for authorized users. It is possible, but it'd take quite a bit of time away from making cool features  :D

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 25, 2012, 05:16:05 pm »

Sweet :D
Poysky Productions

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 26, 2012, 10:15:59 am »

Yeah, the Desura/GamersGate clients have update functionality, so if you purchase from there, you get that service. I'm just saying, if I put an auto-updater into my game itself, it'd have to check a central server for authorized users. It is possible, but it'd take quite a bit of time away from making cool features  :D

Jeb is making a modding API for minecraft, for most of his customers it isnt cool features either.
Just dont do the 1.8 shit wizard trick where you add alot of bugged out stuff, and instead of fixing that next version, you add a bunch of useless thing such as fire beings and magma reskins of blobs :P I have tried that before and i ended up having to comment out 25% of my code to make it even playable/somewhat possible to fix and expand upon.

Of course its your own decisions :P

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2012, 06:18:08 pm »

Blargh. At level 14 I accepted a quest to kill a leader for a couple thousand credits. Found him, shot him with my level 7 sniper rifle... And didn't lower his HP by even one percent, because he was level 825! He then turned around and one shotted me. And my sniper rifle disappeared into the ether. T_T

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2012, 09:54:39 am »

Blargh. At level 14 I accepted a quest to kill a leader for a couple thousand credits. Found him, shot him with my level 7 sniper rifle... And didn't lower his HP by even one percent, because he was level 825! He then turned around and one shotted me. And my sniper rifle disappeared into the ether. T_T

OK, apparently there still exists a level bug, because there definitely shouldn't be a level 825 guy in a level 14 area :P It looks like leader quest targets are very common for this bug, so hopefully this will help track it down... thanks for the report!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2012, 10:42:27 am »

OK, apparently there still exists a level bug, because there definitely shouldn't be a level 825 guy in a level 14 area :P It looks like leader quest targets are very common for this bug, so hopefully this will help track it down... thanks for the report!

I like that though, its so GRIEFTASTIC

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2012, 12:30:08 pm »

Jeb is making a modding API for minecraft, for most of his customers it isnt cool features either.
Just dont do the 1.8 shit wizard trick where you add alot of bugged out stuff, and instead of fixing that next version, you add a bunch of useless thing such as fire beings and magma reskins of blobs :P I have tried that before and i ended up having to comment out 25% of my code to make it even playable/somewhat possible to fix and expand upon.

My plan is to squash bugs quicker than I add them!  ;D

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2012, 03:24:24 pm »

My plan is to squash bugs quicker than I add them!  ;D

Your kind of developer is my kind of favorite developer, i like when we go hyper and just make a truckload of random stuff every other day, then spend the next months fixing it.
I will be sad the day you are so busy that we cant have theese funny talks anymore :P Just like with Notch!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26