Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69169 times)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #360 on: March 10, 2012, 04:38:26 pm »

Hey all,

3079 has been updated to v2.11.10b

LOTS of stuff in this update. First, I wanted to get the mini-ships completed. Urcheon made 3079 some sweet cockpit graphics, each for the different faction ships. Lots of multiplayer synchronization stuff was improved for the mini-ships & an afterburners feature was added. Turrets are now in, and they can be found in cities, faction-controlled forts and also constructed by players. To keep things balanced, you can only build 3 turrets, and they go away when you leave the area. Elevators can now be built, which should help with your sniper towers

I also implemented lots of request interface improvements, like having the escape key get rid of dialogs without showing the "exit game" message. I've also added options to delete games & restart games with previous characters.

What is next? I hope to find a solution for 3D weapons and get some new items added. I also have a few more loose ends in multiplayer to fix, like guys getting stuck in floors. 

Here is the complete list of changes:

• Turrets! Now you can build and find automatic defense turrets
  • Mini-ships are almost complete: cockpits added (thanks to Urcheon) & many bugs fixed
  • Mini-ships can now be safely stopped by holding the "stop ship" key
  • Mini-ships are now immune to crashes for a few moments when taking off
  • Mini-ships now have a thruster sound
  • Mini-ships now have an afterburner ability by holding forward
  • Added options to restart new worlds and delete previously saved games
  • Fixed the ESC key to close out dialogs without popping up "exit game" message
  • Added a confirmation dialog to committing suicide
  • You can now build elevators
  • Fixed a bug that caused mini-ships to spawn inside buildings
  • Fixed characters being alive while showing 0% health
  • Fixed a crash that happened when clicking "cancel" on the connection address dialog
  • Fixed many server-related crashes, which caused "frozen characters" for clients
  • Added new Humoid & Neander face textures (thanks again to Urcheon)
  • Added a new "Very Basic" graphics setting for slow hardware that reduces draw distance
  • Construction options can now be cycled quicker by quickly clicking the right-mouse button
  • Fixed the storage box's construction point cost
  • Improved starting faction with Humoids so accidental attacks won't cause global hatred
  • Disabled camouflage while in a mini-ship
  • Demons should no longer spawn in air when the Demon King is dead
  • Attacking mini-ships will now affect the player's faction
  • Removed rounding errors when characters are finding the correct rotation to look & aim
  • You can now immediately activate batteries & generators when purchased at merchants
  • Fixed a bug that caused the chat history log to stop updating after awhile
  • Limited the console text entry length to avoid really long chat lines
  • Found ways to improve networking performance by pre-compressing known item names
  • Fixed a bug that made players stay invisible when using ships outside your view area
  • Made tweaks to AI so characters investigate when losing a target, instead of still "attacking"
  • Found some areas to improve CPU performance
  • Made some tweaks to hopefully fix characters not showing up for other players in multiplayer

If you purchased from BMT Micro -- you can get the update now! Just re-visit the download link you got from BMT Micro and re-install. Desura, IndieRoyale and GamersGate customers will have to wait for approval, but the updated version has been uploaded to all of these places.

Thank you again for your support!
- Jeremy (aka Phr00t)

@ http://3079.phr00t.com/
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:54:43 pm by phr00t »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 10, 2012, 07:15:08 pm »

Indeed it does. I'd play if anyone hosted but I'm not looking to host.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 10, 2012, 07:46:31 pm »

Love the premise of the game, but it looks like it needs more work first.

Also, devs in the thread? crazy stuff man.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 10, 2012, 09:01:36 pm »

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 11, 2012, 07:12:56 am »

Can you implement an antigrav pack icon into the HUD so that I can see whether I have it activated or not? Thanks. (I know it's redundant, but you'd be surprised how many times I forget that I have an antigrav pack on and walk around while my energy is stagnant.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 11, 2012, 07:55:18 am »

Getting more errors, first the audio LWJL error that I mentioned months ago is still there. And again when I crashed a miniship and died, the game crashes whenever I try to respawn.

Music is off, graphics at very basic, nothing else changed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 11, 2012, 09:38:48 am »

@Blaze

Does the audio work for you, at least? I don't have control over LWJGL, but I did update it to 2.8.3 in this latest update.

About that crash -- have you tried starting a new player and crashing in a mini-ship? Do you still get the error? I'm thinking that character may have a corrupted "respawn point" saved in it...

Does the game run smoothly at "Very Basic"?

@justinlee999

I'll put that on the to-do list! For now, you won't make any footsteps and your weapon won't "bob" while using an antigrav device. Oh, and hitting space bar will make you fly up, instead of jump :)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 11, 2012, 10:26:58 am »

The audio and music does work, it just crashes repeatedly whenever I try to load/start a game regardless of whether they're set to on or off.

The game *sometimes* runs smoothly, and then turns to crap whenever I try to move. Staying in an area for awhile makes it go away, so I'm guessing it's loading stuff or something. Hi effects, low effects, no effects, full rendering, low rendering, music on, music off, none of it seems to make a difference in the crashes or performance.

The respawn problem resolved itself, though it may happen again.

Edit: Oh, I suppose I should also add that the game often crashes when returning to the main menu. This has been prevalent through all versions I've played.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 10:36:12 am by Blaze »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 17, 2012, 04:59:42 pm »

Hey everyone,

3079 v2.12.12b is out!

Improving 3079's graphics was a priority for this release. All new 3D weapons, facial textures and high-resolution fonts have been added. I've also fixed a few graphical glitches, like the lines that appeared through concrete.

" width="500" height="374

I also added a highly requested feature -- radars! You can now buy these or find them as loot. They show lots of information, like faction via colors, and type via shapes (e.g. leaders are a star, ships and turrets are squares & merchants are dollar signs). I also made them very helpful in buildings, as radar plots will turn slightly transparent if they are on another floor (or just above or below you).

" width="500" height="375" style="border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-style: normal; font-size: 12px; font-family: Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Tahoma, Verdana;

I also fixed the nasty "missing chat messages" bug. I had to fix a network data corruption bug to fix the chat problem, so other strange, occasional multiplayer bugs may be fixed.

What is next? I'm thinking on adding night vision goggles and lengthening the single player campaign. I also want to take another look through the "Suggestion" forums to see what great ideas I should put in too :)

Here is the complete list of changes:
* 3D Weapons! No more paper-thin items when held!
* Radar item! Now you can use this item to plot nearby targets
* New high-resolution font
* New face textures from Urcheon
* Added another lower graphics setting for slower graphics cards
* Added configurable keybindings for console and chat logs
* Tweaked the cockpit images to give a little more perspective
* Fixed a multiplayer data corruption bug (which fixes the "missing chats" bug)
* Fixed a graphical glitch on concrete blocks
* Normalized the sounds further to give a more consistent listening experience
* Improved movement of network entities a bit
* "Start New World" option is now disabled when loading a player for multiplayer
* /goto now stops the player from trading with a merchant
* /goto now is limited by the distance you've traveled, not your level
* Fixed a bug that made everyone friendly when going to a "protect target" quest
* Improved resource usage by only initializing item graphics when needed
* Added dynamic network compression which should improve server CPU usage
* Simplified OpenGL shaders, which may fix the "black terrain" problem
* Open doors are no longer closed when loading a game
* Replaced the sniper sound with a new one
* Raised player name tags in multiplayer

You can get the update now if you are a BMT Micro customer. Otherwise, you will have to wait for Desura/IndieRoyale/GamersGate to approve the update, which has been uploaded...

Thanks guys :-)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 17, 2012, 05:07:39 pm »

Wow, look at the difference in those weapons! Very nice.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 17, 2012, 05:53:53 pm »

Wow, look at the difference in those weapons! Very nice.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it :) These weapons were overdue!

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 17, 2012, 06:19:45 pm »

A major improvement with those weapons!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 18, 2012, 12:31:27 pm »

Things are becoming better and better!

Could there be a fail scenario? As in you fail to destroy a specific object related to the demons, unleashing some kind of apocalyptic event, starting some kind of endgame where all your equipment fails and the world gets overrun by hellish creatures? Maybe a charging portal generator? You would like.. have a few IRL days to locate this demon stronghold and deactivate the portal generator.

When i mean equipment fail, no more charging, you would need to eat and drink to satisfy your needs, needing to build a shelter against the sky(radiation storms, meteors), people would turn mad(both factions are hostile to you, each others and individually within the faction) and the few remaining sane traders would push their prices skyward, quests would change to mainly being about getting water and food for the settlement.

Why cant i stop with the suggestions? :P

Oh i had my best game just before, i really love your game.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 01:34:43 pm by DrPoo »
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 24, 2012, 05:04:08 pm »

Hey all,

Unfortunately, I got sick the first half of this week, so this update didn't turn out to be as big as I hoped. However, I instead turned this latest update into a much-needed bugfix & polishing update. Many nagging bugs and gameplay "holes" have now been resolved, which should result in a much more consistent and reliable gaming experience. Annoying things like losing all of your items on death, spawning in locked rooms, characters spawning in floors in multiplayer games & doors opening oddly should be things of the past.

This release isn't without some new features, though! I've added character dialogs -- you can now "interact" with normal, friendly guys & they will have something to say. I've also added "Damage Per Second" & "Energy Per Second" information to item descriptions.

I also plan on dropping the "BETA" label in a few weeks. I'm hoping with this bugfix release, bugs should be few and minor. I do still plan on adding new, cool features like hijacking, cave systems & custom weapons, of course!

Here are the complete list of changes:
* Dialog with characters! Normal guys now say something when interacted with
* You no longer drop items when dieing, which should resolve "lost all items" issues
* Added "Damage Per Second" and "Energy Per Second" to item descriptions
* Merchants will now properly respond to trade requests in multiplayer
* Doors will now open and close as expected (even bigger ones)
* Characters should no longer spawn in floors or walls in multiplayer
* Lights now should shine as expected past "chunk" edges
* Hopefully fixed a bug that caused item duplication with storage boxes and merchants
* Characters now will always drop 1 item, instead of sometimes 2
* Increased value of gems a bit more
* Further improved "chunk" building performance
* Fixed some radar plot coloring bugs
* Commands are now case-insensitive
* The "home waypoint" block now works in air
* First floors of buildings are no longer created locked (fixes "spawning in locked room")
* Fixed a bug that made grappling hooks not disappear when using a ship
* Grenades now bounce as expected when viewed remotely in multiplayer
* Mini-ships should no longer spawn on top of each other
* Explosions & hit "puffs" should no longer linger in multiplayer games
* Tweaked some networking code to improve bandwidth usage a bit

It is available now on BMT Micro, and should be up soon on Desura and GamersGate. I gave Desura a "heads up" yesterday, so they should be quicker on the updates!

Thanks all,
- Phr00t

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 24, 2012, 07:35:40 pm »

Fastest Desura release yet.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26