Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69504 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2011, 03:11:57 pm »

Guys, I really REALLY recommend this game!
Poysky Productions

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2011, 03:31:29 pm »

Uhh how do i update then?  I just dont want to loose the full version you know, i really value that thing.

You can revisit the BMT Micro download link and re-download 3079Installer.jar -- re-install the game, and you should have the latest version. You won't lose the full version, I promise!  ;D

Thanks Phr00t.
Been playing this game lately, i love it. Guys you need to play this.
Anyways i got stuck in a weird ravine thing and i cant get out, i dont feel like suiciding my way out, what do?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2011, 06:16:26 pm »

New video up: http://youtu.be/_Y1lLcLBu1Y?hd=1

Anyways i got stuck in a weird ravine thing and i cant get out, i dont feel like suiciding my way out, what do?

Welp, you might be screwed (and have to suicide yourself out). You should always have some building blocks on hand (at the very least) to get out of ravines.. grappling hooks and anti-grav devices can also do the trick. If you have a rocket launcher, you could also try digging yourself out (if the ravine is mostly dirt).

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 26, 2011, 08:30:45 pm »

Put up a small patch update -- v2.0b:

* Fixed the spawn rates of capital ships
* Quests are properly cleared when quitting and starting a new game

http://3079.phr00t.com/

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2011, 11:03:30 am »

This. Game. Looks. Amazing. I. Want. It. Now.

Demo. Is. Amazing.

Did I just say amazing twice? Well it deserves it. :)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2011, 11:24:07 am »

Thanks man  :D

3079 was #1 on reddit gamedev for a bit: http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev
(direct reddit link: http://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/nsaqf/3079_my_action_rpg_game_kinda_like_fallout/)

They gave me some suggestions to improve the look -- I don't want to change it too much since I think it is working pretty good, but always room for improvement, right?  ;D

Hopefully have another update in 2-3 days -- thanks again all! :)

zestorum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2011, 10:15:59 pm »

Unfortunately I can't buy it right now. Steam sales, you see? :/

Jorlen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:55 pm »

Just wanted to say I highly recommend the game.  I've already put in over a dozen hours in it and it's very well priced, so buy it :) While it has the look of Minecraft, it plays nothing like it, which is good IMO.  It takes a little getting used to, but once you get in the groove, the game is super fun.  Finding a good weapon for the first time and realizing it kicks ass is a good feeling :)

I have some questions for either experienced players or Phr00t:

1 - Upon death is it normal to lose a random item or two?  I'm guessing it's a penalty but wanted to confirm

2 - Why do my jetpack and hook suddenly stop working?  When I go to activate it, it says something like, "Your jetpack is overwhelmed".  I thought it might have something to do with weight, but even when I threw everything to the ground, I still couldn't activate it.  I'd love an explanation!

3 - Those huge crazy bases that fly around and destroy everything - who built them?  Neaders or humanoid?

Here's some quick tips, some of which have already been mentioned:

- Press Z at the beginning if you want to keep your stuff (turns off the jetpack allowing you to avoid the kamikaze guys)

- You start off friendly with the humanoids (heads on top of the shoulders) - enemies have heads coming out of their torsos (neanders)

- The grappling hook is quite fun to use and can save you in several situations!

- Invading neander bases is a great way to level up and get loot!  Just look for the neander icon on the buildings to identify

Once again I highly recommend this title!  It's probably the most original game I've played in a very long time, and definitely a crazy spin on the roguelike genre.  Make no mistake about it, this IS a roguelike, and a very entertaining one at that!

________

Edit:

I think I know why the hooks and jetpacks stop working.  Basically, anytime you loot an item that's higher level than you, you become that level.  Jetpacks and grappling hooks need to be close to your level to work.  If you outlevel them you'll need to find more, which isn't easy.  So be careful when looting or buying items higher than you!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:07:04 pm by Jorlen »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2012, 08:49:13 pm »

Wow, thanks Jorlen  :D

1) Yup, 1 item gets lost (and about 10% of your cash) as a penalty.

2) Your edit is correct -- the grappling hook & antigrav pack can only work if it is near your current level. This is to keep the need for getting higher level antigrav packs & hooks (so players don't just get a level 1 item and ignore future ones).

3) The big crazy things are sent from other planets to try and stop the constant war (that is why they shoot both Neanders & Humanoids)

Oh, and v2.1b is out with a fancy new logo & more:

v2.1b
* Changed 3079's theme & logos thanks to burningpet
* Added more texture detail to interior walls and floors
* Made character coloring more consistent
* Added attacking and follower indicators
* Fixed following behavior in multiplayer
* Fixed faction inconsistencies in multiplayer
* Fixed a rare server crash on client connection
* Added graceful exception handling with error messages for reporting

@ http://3079.phr00t.com/

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2012, 05:03:39 am »

That logo makes my shitty fan art look like childrens drawings :D
Whoever did that is boss.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2012, 09:02:28 am »

That logo makes my shitty fan art look like childrens drawings :D
Whoever did that is boss.

He certainly is boss  :D

... and don't make light of the awesome fan art I dedicated a page for on my site  ;D

exoleet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2012, 11:35:20 am »

This game looks pretty awesome. Can you build your own fort? Are there or will there be survival mechanics, such as food, water, stamina, etcetera? How about crafting? Can you create your own settlements and populate them? I'm going to try the demo when I get home and choose whether or not to purchase it (I highly support indie developers). I know these features I'm asking about may be a long way off, but they're what I'm looking for (And I'm sure quite a few others are, too).

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2012, 11:50:15 am »

This game looks pretty awesome. Can you build your own fort? Are there or will there be survival mechanics, such as food, water, stamina, etcetera? How about crafting? Can you create your own settlements and populate them? I'm going to try the demo when I get home and choose whether or not to purchase it (I highly support indie developers). I know these features I'm asking about may be a long way off, but they're what I'm looking for (And I'm sure quite a few others are, too).

I'm torn on the "building your own fort and craft things" thing. Minecraft already did this, and did it well. My game just generally isn't about building forts and surviving (like Minecraft is), but more about exploration, questing and growing your character. However, I can see how building a fort would be neat -- you were able to build a fort in 3059 and 3069 with "building materials" you purchased. 3079 does already have "building blocks", but they are more for creating steps or cover. The bottom line is, I want the player to have a unique experience with 3079, and not be just another "Minecraft clone".

I'm working on improving the look and graphics at the moment, but more building blocks may be on the way (like doors and lights, perhaps) -- but I doubt I will expand on crafting (its too Minecrafty). I hope you find many new and fun things about 3079 to enjoy, making it worthy of your purchase -- many others have. :)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2012, 12:05:25 pm »

Crafting is hardly a Minecraft invention I assure you.

Building fortresses in Minecraft is mostly for show. There's really no functional reason to build a superfortress in vanilla Minecraft as the only threat to it are players and the occasional creeper (And ghast, if you built it in Nether). You can solve the monster issue by placing torches everywhere.

In 3079 the whole bloody planet is at war, I can certainly see a use for fortresses and defensive emplacements to fend off the starships and raiders/bandits among other things.

I know I'd like to stick a jury-rigged hover pack, accelerator, control system, and stationary beam cannon on some blocks and fly around on it Gummi-ship style.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 12:12:48 pm by Blaze »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2012, 01:08:10 pm »

You know, Blaze, you make a very good argument  ;D

I think the next big feature will be fortress building!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26