Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69444 times)

Jorlen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012, 08:51:53 pm »

Awesome, thanks Jorlen! I have posted your guide here:

https://sites.google.com/site/3079game/game-guide

I only tweaked the Jetpack names to antigrav packs, as they are described in the game.

This makes a great addition to my site -- I'm sure many will find it very useful!

Right on, glad to be of assistance!  The offer is still on the table should you ever want music, by the way ;)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2012, 09:07:38 pm »

Right on, glad to be of assistance!  The offer is still on the table should you ever want music, by the way ;)

Geez, I've got so much going on with 3079, I still haven't given much thought to music yet. I'm working on the graphics now that I have an artist or two helping me out, and now we want to get some fortress building features added ;D Music is still on the table, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it -- but I'll keep you in mind when I do! I'm very glad you were of great assistance too :)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2012, 03:21:44 am »

Trying the demo, but the keys aren't remappable? Is that the case in the full version too? I keep pressing the wrong keys because you defaulted stuff to standard fps keys and what I normally use is a bit different. :P

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently I followed this guy too far while trying to figure out which guys were hostile and which weren't (I can't tell the difference, they all look like flying lego people with guns), and the demo ended on me after about 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:37:05 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2012, 08:42:46 am »

the demo ended after 5 minutes?!? Mine kept going for quite some time.

Also, the enemies have their heads coming out of their torso while friends look more traditional with heads atop their shoulders. Leaders (who give you quests) have a star on their chest, merchants have a $ emblem on their chest.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Jorlen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2012, 09:30:03 am »

Trying the demo, but the keys aren't remappable? Is that the case in the full version too? I keep pressing the wrong keys because you defaulted stuff to standard fps keys and what I normally use is a bit different. :P

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently I followed this guy too far while trying to figure out which guys were hostile and which weren't (I can't tell the difference, they all look like flying lego people with guns), and the demo ended on me after about 5 minutes.

Yeah, I have the same problem (keys aren't exactly what I'm used to). Hopefully in the future a way to remap the controls will exist, but as of now (even in full) there is no way to do it.  No .ini file or anything either, unfortunately.

As for the demo, you can always restart it and I do believe it only ends after you level up past a certain point, or run too far away from your point of origin.  I think for what it is (to determine if the full game is worth it for you) it's perfect.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2012, 09:30:44 am »

the demo ended after 5 minutes?!? Mine kept going for quite some time.

If you head straight off in one direction, the demo will end sooner (since you will reach an "exploration" limit).

Trying the demo, but the keys aren't remappable?

They currently are not... but that will change. I'll plan on getting remappable keys in the next release, since this is a highly requested feature :)

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2012, 09:49:12 pm »

So I caved in and made the purchase, however BMT Micro says it could take a couple of days,  but I want to know if that is normal for the rest of you who bought.
Thank you based dwarf.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2012, 10:25:41 pm »

So I caved in and made the purchase, however BMT Micro says it could take a couple of days,  but I want to know if that is normal for the rest of you who bought.

I see all the sales come in and go... I don't see your pending (yet), but when they do get listed as pending, sometimes they process in ~15 minutes. However, I've seen a few that took 6-8 hours. I've never seen any take a couple of days, or even a whole day.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2012, 10:31:32 pm »

Weird, cause my roommate dropped money on it yesterday, and he got the confirmation email from BMT, I will have to double check the email when he gets back, maybe the thing got sent to him instead.
-edit-
okay we got this figured out now.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:48:28 pm by PsyberianHusky »
Thank you based dwarf.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »

The demo was intersting. Nice work phr00t.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2012, 01:07:09 am »

So today is weekend, that means livestream, when i come home :)

I will have a special guest star. I will run a hamachi server. If you wish i can PM details for you :)
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2012, 08:37:03 am »

The demo was intersting. Nice work phr00t.

Thanks man :)

Weird, cause my roommate dropped money on it yesterday, and he got the confirmation email from BMT, I will have to double check the email when he gets back, maybe the thing got sent to him instead.
-edit-
okay we got this figured out now.

Glad you got it figured out, and hope it didn't take too long!

So today is weekend, that means livestream, when i come home :)

I will have a special guest star. I will run a hamachi server. If you wish i can PM details for you :)

Looking forward to it :) You should Tweet (and/or post the server info here) so anybody can try and connect -- should test out the multiplayer code a bit more ;)

Next version hopefully today, but could still be sometime this weekend. Key configurations and a few graphical improvements for the next release.

Keep an eye out @ http://gamingirresponsibly.com/category/sub-sections/interviews -- I did an interview with Gaming Irresponsibly that should be up this Saturday morning!  :D

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2012, 09:07:17 am »

In case anyone here has missed it......today is the last day to enter the free contest for a copy of 3079. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98443.0

Posting in these threads helps index 3079 with search engines so that people can find their way to the game instead of it being at the bottom of the page when googled.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2012, 09:25:26 am »

I was looking at that guide. So once you level up some of your items stop working? What is the logic behind that exactly?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2012, 09:32:05 am »

I kind of wanted to keep the player count on our server low. Else my dad will get mad at me "takin all the bandwidth and letting hackers into our network to steal our visual basic gui interface for the bank and trade drugs with our hifi"
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26