Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69446 times)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 01:08:35 pm »

The demo is real limited.

I just released a new version, v2pre7, with an extended demo to address this point. You can explore much farther now before the demo ends. I also improved the graphics a bit -- so you guys should get a bit more out of the free version. :)

http://3079.phr00t.com/

- Phr00t

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 04:05:17 pm »

The demo is real limited.

I just released a new version, v2pre7, with an extended demo to address this point. You can explore much farther now before the demo ends. I also improved the graphics a bit -- so you guys should get a bit more out of the free version. :)

http://3079.phr00t.com/

- Phr00t
Thanks!
Hmm is the time limit extended too?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 04:25:11 pm »

Edit: I finally got an actual experience from the game, not something big, its tiny and not like your catched on like with the Amnesia demo, its just "aww crap"

Dropped down on a planet, no weapons, no nothing, fantastic, good thing there isnt hunger in the game yet then. I run around to find something, i walk into a base, then i find a melee upgrade and walk further in, anticipating a weapon to shoot with, but then i am getting machine gun raped by some random green thing that jumps around all the time. Im placed in the wilderness again, robbed from what ibelieve was worthless loot. Then i see this giant with a rifle, i run over to him, the energy rifle was really a bane. Luckily, there is an AI bug where they dont shoot at stuff just right at their foot, or below them, so i meleed him to death, i used the rifle as a binocular to observe a battle going on at the end of the fog, it looked like a conflict between a multicoloured sword wielding bear(or other menacing giant quatroped living in the wilderness) and the first creature i saw even closely resembling a human being, the unusual space bear/imgonnawreckyourshitenstein approached me, it was hard to handle, i had two life support brownouts(does that mean crapping your pants?) and alot of misses, but i got him at last, after he chopped my health bar in half. He dropped his sword, some powerup and a building block, nice. I grabbed it then "DEMO IS OVER LOL" and then i was like <: ( <(If i just had a credit card)

Gonna see if i can do some fan art, because dude, im definately a fan of your games :)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 04:48:49 pm »

Ha, I love your story!  :P

Luckily, there is an AI bug where they dont shoot at stuff just right at their foot, or below them, so i meleed him to death

Well now you have me in a pickle. AI bug report, that probably should be fixed, but it helped your game  ;) Maybe you just outsmarted the giant?  ;D

the unusual space bear/imgonnawreckyourshitenstein approached me

I think that should be an official monster name: imgonnawreckyourshitenstein

i had two life support brownouts(does that mean crapping your pants?)

You probably do crap your pants, but it also means you are using an energy weapon while low on energy. If you keep having brownouts, your energy skill will increase, but you also take a little hit on health. You can improve energy by also getting generators, batteries, or other items that improve energy. :)

Gonna see if i can do some fan art, because dude, im definately a fan of your games

And I am a fan of fans! Looking forward to seeing some sweet art -- OK, back to coding :) Let me know if you have any more suggestions (or stories!)

- Phr00t

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 05:33:45 pm »

If you just had steam or something so i could stay more in touch with you (and your game)
Its like when my mom pours candy into a bowl, she gives me some, but i want alot more, i ask for more, get more, i want to ask for more or just grab the bowl and empty it, but i am afraid of making her annoyed :S

Also Ruins full of treasure, and of course an earth fragment guarded by mad precursor robots.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 05:37:49 pm »

I do a few giveaways here to support Indie games and this community. Is there a way to buy a few codes for your game in bulk so I can give them away to random draw winners?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 06:11:29 pm »

If you just had steam or something so i could stay more in touch with you (and your game)

You can follow me on Twitter / send me tweets here: http://twitter.com/#!/phr00t_

I also have my more "official" forum here: http://jmonkeyengine.org/groups/3079/forum/

... and remember to eat candy in moderation  ;D

Is there a way to buy a few codes for your game in bulk so I can give them away to random draw winners?

This is an awesome idea that I fully support :) If you can, I'd like the e-mails of the people you give away the codes to, that way I know that have a "legit" copy and I can support them (and let them know when I update the game etc.)

BMT Micro handles the codes and purchases -- it looks like there is a "quantity" option, which I assume will send you an e-mail with each code purchased. Buy away, and if you have any trouble, let me know -- I can contact BMT Micro and clear stuff up.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 06:32:52 pm »

thanks. I found the gift option on BMT so I can do it through them entirely. Thanks and good luck!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Rawl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2011, 03:14:00 am »

Just ran the demo a couple of times and I gotta say it feels pretty darn fun! it wasn't until my second try that I figured out how to deactivate my grav pack without going to the menu.

As a suggestion though: You might want to add a confirmation to exiting the game when hitting the esc key. I accidentally exited the game a couple times doing this trying to exit the inventory/trade screens.

I'm gonna try and keep close tabs on this game. Might even get myself an early Christmas present when my next check comes. Keep up the good work!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:13 am »

I wish this game for christmas.

Also, weapons consuming ammo. Random starting scenarios like handling a critically damaged spacecraft, imagine what trouble it would cause crashing into an enemy base.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2011, 11:04:57 am »

I got an azerty keyboard. I tried to play the demo, but I couldn't as the game is set up to only work with a qwerty keyboard and I don't know how to change the controls.

Actually I know how to emulate a qwerty keyboard on my pc, but not everyone will be eager to do so.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2011, 12:24:18 pm »

thanks. I found the gift option on BMT so I can do it through them entirely. Thanks and good luck!

Thanks again  :)

it wasn't until my second try that I figured out how to deactivate my grav pack without going to the menu.

Glad you found it fun :) Make sure you guys hit 'F1' to go over the key controls.

Also, weapons consuming ammo. Random starting scenarios like handling a critically damaged spacecraft, imagine what trouble it would cause crashing into an enemy base.

I hope Santa is good to you  ;D

I went with all energy-based weapons because I always thought it was a hassle maintaining ammo in most games. The starting scenarios thing is a neat idea, but there already is a story about being brought to the planet to restore peace -- so if there were different starting scenarios, it should line up with the overall story.

I got an azerty keyboard.

Hrm... OK. I'll put some fix for this on the to-do list. My "help" image is currently a fixed image, so messing up the keys may require a re-do of the help system. Or, I just may add a checkbox for different keyboard layouts (that would put the keys in the right position, at least).

I'll post again in here when I get the next update out -- which will mostly be multiplayer fixes. Once that is underway, onto the ships and radioactive biomes  8)

Thanks all,
- Phr00t

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 05:04:57 pm »

Thanks again  :)

it wasn't until my second try that I figured out how to deactivate my grav pack without going to the menu.

Glad you found it fun :) Make sure you guys hit 'F1' to go over the key controls.

I hope Santa is good to you  ;D

I went with all energy-based weapons because I always thought it was a hassle maintaining ammo in most games. The starting scenarios thing is a neat idea, but there already is a story about being brought to the planet to restore peace -- so if there were different starting scenarios, it should line up with the overall story.

I got an azerty keyboard.

Hrm... OK. I'll put some fix for this on the to-do list. My "help" image is currently a fixed image, so messing up the keys may require a re-do of the help system. Or, I just may add a checkbox for different keyboard layouts (that would put the keys in the right position, at least).

I'll post again in here when I get the next update out -- which will mostly be multiplayer fixes. Once that is underway, onto the ships and radioactive biomes  8)

Thanks all,
- Phr00t

Santa is always nice! :D
Also i hope the easter bunny comes with the Penumbra series next year ;)

The weird flying devil things could have shot your spacecraft too! :P
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:06:45 pm by DrPoo »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2011, 03:49:54 pm »

Hey all,

Hoping to move on to new features, I decided to just fix ALL THE THINGS  ;D

v2pre8
* Multiplayer should be “fully functional” — no known bugs
* The final battle with the Demon King now works in multiplayer
* Grappling hook is now functional in multiplayer games
* Fixed a crash when receiving updates before the game fully loaded
* Fixed the objectives info key to properly detect if you have a Demon Smiter
* Flying characters will now lower their arm correctly after attacking
* Improved performance in object processing (should help with large servers)
* Servers will no longer draw characters very far away (near other players)
* Your faction will no longer change when attacking/killing other players
* You can no longer steal from other players
* You can no longer send useless “follow” requests to other players
* Increases in base statistics are now properly synchronized in multiplayer
* Slightly increased # of leaders in buildings
* Fixed a crash when loading a game for a multiplayer that had no single-player component
* Fixed a collision bug that caused players to get locked together in multiplayer
* Tweaked Demon King respawning code to happen quicker & closer to the ground
* Other minor adjustments to improve network bandwidth usage & performance

I’m sure there are more bugs to be found (let me know when you find them ;) ) Otherwise, it is time to get some fancy new content in 3079 like radioactive biomes and capital ships.

Get it @ http://3079.phr00t.com/

Thanks,
- Phr00t

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 04:31:01 am »

Hey all,

Hoping to move on to new features, I decided to just fix ALL THE THINGS  ;D

v2pre8
* Multiplayer should be “fully functional” — no known bugs
* The final battle with the Demon King now works in multiplayer
* Grappling hook is now functional in multiplayer games
* Fixed a crash when receiving updates before the game fully loaded
* Fixed the objectives info key to properly detect if you have a Demon Smiter
* Flying characters will now lower their arm correctly after attacking
* Improved performance in object processing (should help with large servers)
* Servers will no longer draw characters very far away (near other players)
* Your faction will no longer change when attacking/killing other players
* You can no longer steal from other players
* You can no longer send useless “follow” requests to other players
* Increases in base statistics are now properly synchronized in multiplayer
* Slightly increased # of leaders in buildings
* Fixed a crash when loading a game for a multiplayer that had no single-player component
* Fixed a collision bug that caused players to get locked together in multiplayer
* Tweaked Demon King respawning code to happen quicker & closer to the ground
* Other minor adjustments to improve network bandwidth usage & performance

I’m sure there are more bugs to be found (let me know when you find them ;) ) Otherwise, it is time to get some fancy new content in 3079 like radioactive biomes and capital ships.

Get it @ http://3079.phr00t.com/

Thanks,
- Phr00t

No stealing from other people? :( :smith:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26