Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69147 times)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2011, 10:18:29 am »

No stealing from other people?  :smith:

I think it could be too easily abused by high-level characters on low-level characters... for example, a high-level guy could just stand next to / follow a low level player, and just take all of their inventory (just to be a jerk). Yes, a high-level guy can kill a low-level player, but the low-level player will respawn in a different area (giving him a good chance at getting away), and only 1 item is lost. However, I may add it back if there is a good way of balancing it out.

I've got "poison" biomes in (instead of radioactive), working on "special effects" (anti-aliasing, blurring when damaged etc.) and capital ships for the next release.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2011, 06:58:12 am »

No stealing from other people?  :smith:

I think it could be too easily abused by high-level characters on low-level characters... for example, a high-level guy could just stand next to / follow a low level player, and just take all of their inventory (just to be a jerk). Yes, a high-level guy can kill a low-level player, but the low-level player will respawn in a different area (giving him a good chance at getting away), and only 1 item is lost. However, I may add it back if there is a good way of balancing it out.

I've got "poison" biomes in (instead of radioactive), working on "special effects" (anti-aliasing, blurring when damaged etc.) and capital ships for the next release.

What about making it player skill based when stealing from players? A sneaky low level player could run up to some hilevel and grab some of his stuff, any of it actually, if the victim is wary enough he would quickly notice the thief and be able to strike back. You would have to think, that flight pack he has in his pack might be worth alot of money, but hell, its activated, as soon as you swipe it he would notice!

Also, do you accept private payments by mail? I dont got a credit card, but i could always exchange some DKK to $ or whatever and mail em or something. I really want to play this for real :P
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2011, 09:29:33 am »

I'll see what I can do about the stealing with your ideas in mind :)

Also, do you accept private payments by mail? I dont got a credit card, but i could always exchange some DKK to $ or whatever and mail em or something. I really want to play this for real

I'd accept it if I thought it was safe... you really are not suppose to send $$$ via mail  :-\ I can also accept PayPal, if you have any way of getting that to me.. do you have a friend or parent that could enter in their credit card info for this one purchase?  ???

Working on the capital ships now  8)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2011, 01:48:43 pm »

I'll see what I can do about the stealing with your ideas in mind :)

Also, do you accept private payments by mail? I dont got a credit card, but i could always exchange some DKK to $ or whatever and mail em or something. I really want to play this for real

I'd accept it if I thought it was safe... you really are not suppose to send $$$ via mail  :-\ I can also accept PayPal, if you have any way of getting that to me.. do you have a friend or parent that could enter in their credit card info for this one purchase?  ???

Working on the capital ships now  8)

How could i forget theese laws we got in Denmark about sending money.. Bitcoins? Just kidding :D

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2011, 02:42:43 pm »

Money Order?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2011, 03:40:17 am »

I might figure out writing a bestiary of the creatures i find, it would be cool giving all the creatures names, useless but possible! :D

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2011, 08:45:14 am »

Lol I remember playing the prequels* a looong time ago.
The game was really underground and hard to find.. I remember the dev (or devs) posted that they would make the game 3D, there was even a prototype screenshot..

I had no idea it would happen though, nor thought that it would "go Minecraft" like this.
But if the 3D game becomes fun as the old ones, with a minecraft engine, I think it would work.

--
Just noticed the dev is in here.
So let me make it clear: I had great fun with your 3069 :D (actually, I had more fun with 3059, IIRC)
And your video/ideas makes me want to buy this!
--

Played the demo, remember the good old times, bought it.
Hope this becomes awesome soon! Good luck with the development (:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 09:23:20 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2011, 10:00:23 am »

Erm. That BMT Micro guys don't like me or something. First time I get an order refused on paypal.
This pisses me off slightly..

-- Tried again and it worked. :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 10:13:43 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2011, 02:01:12 pm »

Erm. That BMT Micro guys don't like me or something. First time I get an order refused on paypal.

Thank you for your support! Glad to hear it worked..  If you have any more trouble, let me know -- I can yell at BMT Micro for you  ;)

(actually, I had more fun with 3059, IIRC)

3059 was the highlight of this series of games, but I believe 3079 took the throne  ;D

I might figure out writing a bestiary of the creatures i find, it would be cool giving all the creatures names, useless but possible!

Both 3059 and 3069 had random name generation for creatures -- I *could* do it with 3079, but I can't think of a good place to display it. The HUD is already getting rather packed (between messages and quest info) -- names can be long too, so I've just been leaving them out  :-\

I'm working hard on the next release -- I keep finding these random little bugs that I need to fix before I can get it out. Hope to have it out today, but we'll see... I'll post when it is up.

Thanks again all!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2011, 03:43:35 pm »

Thank you for your support! Glad to hear it worked..  If you have any more trouble, let me know -- I can yell at BMT Micro for you  ;)

(actually, I had more fun with 3059, IIRC)

3059 was the highlight of this series of games, but I believe 3079 took the throne  ;D

I might figure out writing a bestiary of the creatures i find, it would be cool giving all the creatures names, useless but possible!

Both 3059 and 3069 had random name generation for creatures -- I *could* do it with 3079, but I can't think of a good place to display it. The HUD is already getting rather packed (between messages and quest info) -- names can be long too, so I've just been leaving them out  :-\

I'm working hard on the next release -- I keep finding these random little bugs that I need to fix before I can get it out. Hope to have it out today, but we'll see... I'll post when it is up.

Thanks again all!

Oh, by the way i was working on fan art today, but i kind of got distracted.. :| ... :/ ... :( ... <:( my horse died.
Dont worry i will finish up the sketch and pain it tomorrow, maybe even scanning it in.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2011, 04:00:10 pm »

Oh, by the way i was working on fan art today, but i kind of got distracted.. :| ... :/ ... :( ... <:( my horse died.

Sorry about your horse  :'(

Dont worry i will finish up the sketch and pain it tomorrow, maybe even scanning it in.

Don't hurt it too bad  ;D Looking forward to it!

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 04:45:05 pm »

Sorry about your horse  :'(

Don't hurt it too bad  ;D Looking forward to it!

Whoops, hahaha :D
Hmm.. chemistry.. running economy.. building factories..

Your game needs some way to get distracted from the main story, i remember in the past games spending more time mining to earn money for medpacks to heal the injuries i had from mining than collecting shards of earth. Its like the evil poor guy circle of mining. I found it interesting that i eventually could afford a house.

Hell, it would be impossible to intergrate story into multiplayer anyway, without it sucking.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2011, 04:57:52 pm »

i remember in the past games spending more time mining to earn money

You can buy "Mining Drills" in 3079 to go mining already  :D Mining rocks sometimes gives you gems, while gem blocks do exist that always spawn a gem. The higher level drill you have, the higher level gems you can get. However, you need sufficient mining skill to get the higher level gems. You can then sell the gems to merchants for $$$.

it would be impossible to intergrate story into multiplayer anyway

The story is kinda integrated... all of the players in a game have been dropped on the planet to stop the war. Each player takes quests individually, but the overall story is shared among all players. If some player starts the demon uprising, it will start with all other players -- eventually spawning the Demon King  :o

OK, wrapping up the next release!

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2011, 07:47:00 pm »

Hey all,

I just released the biggest update to 3079 yet: v2pre9. New stuff includes special effects, capital ships that sometimes pop up and destroy everything, poisonous biomes and artificial intelligence improvements. Lots of fixes & improvements to both the single and multiplayer game too.

Check out the demo (and get the game, I hope!) @ http://3079.phr00t.com/

Here is the big list of changes:

* New special effects: anti-aliasing, damage & underwater blurring
* Capital ships: rare, huge ships that destroy everything!
* Poison biomes: don’t walk in these areas without protection!
* Overhauled the way characters find targets and engage: much smarter!
* Effect Transfer Units now should work reliably in multiplayer
* Silenced weapons now work and sound as expected
* Fixed bugs with health and statistics being synchronized in multiplayer
* Fixed a crash with sunlight changes
* Fixed another crash when receiving data before the game was fully loaded
* Improved the cloud texture to look seamless
* Made underwater detection more accurate
* Renamed “poison” items to “decay” to remove confusion with the new biome
* Improved the “cone of sight” for characters
* Item drops on killing is now limited to 1 or 2 items, 4 for capital ship kills
* Dismembering characters will now work in multiplayer
* Made kills more likely to cause dismemberment
* Slightly extended the day/night length, and as a result, the demo
* The /goto command now requires full health & costs 50% health on use
* Assault Rifles now do a bit more damage
* More changes to internal code to improve performance

Thanks again!
- Phr00t

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2011, 07:58:44 pm »

Same day that I buy the game, it gets updated, nice!

By the way, that "Improved Cone Of Sight", is the camera field of view?
I have been noticing I have some kind of problem with first-person cameras when they are too "narrow".
A configuration I found very useful in Battlefield 3, is that you can adjust the Camera Field-of-view to your liking.

Games like Borderlands makes me feel weird due to the 'narrow' camera.

Another suggestion, is about the "ESC" key in-game.. will you change it later?
Perhaps make a menu, if no other screen (like inventory) is being displayed?
I always press esc accidentally and it closes the game..  :(

When I see a nice game being formed, I usually think on many suggestions..  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26