Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69157 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2012, 01:15:23 pm »

So I just finally bought the game and after installing it I was greeted with a great message about buying or deleting the game after 'demoing' it unless you are a legit purchaser. I wanted to say Phroot's understanding of the current climate is rare and endearing. All the more reason for others to support him with a purchase.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2012, 01:32:08 pm »

Has anyone done a LP of this, I would like to see how the game plays out, also how does purchasing work, do you buy an account like MC?
Thank you based dwarf.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2012, 01:43:43 pm »

I can't do an LP since I am completely clueless as to the gameplay and have no idea where to find a guide or any real info. True roguelike it seems.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2012, 02:27:49 pm »

So I just finally bought the game and after installing it I was greeted with a great message about buying or deleting the game after 'demoing' it unless you are a legit purchaser. I wanted to say Phroot's understanding of the current climate is rare and endearing. All the more reason for others to support him with a purchase.

Something I want to add to this -- I want paying customers to have the best version possible. Pirates will inevitably take a crippled game (DRM, server verification or whatever) and crack it. This makes the pirated game better than the "legit" version because it requires no authentication and has no limits to network play. I don't want a pirate to have a better copy; you pay, you get it all, no bullsh*t.  8)

Has anyone done a LP of this, I would like to see how the game plays out, also how does purchasing work, do you buy an account like MC?

You don't buy an account, you buy the game (and a place to download future updates).

I can't do an LP since I am completely clueless as to the gameplay and have no idea where to find a guide or any real info. True roguelike it seems.

I want to do a "Let's Play" myself, just to get one out there showing it off. However, all these feature requests and improvements need to get done too!  :P

This guy did some playing video:

http://www.livestream.com/iamabanana

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2012, 02:43:05 pm »

Right, so is that gonna be a issue if my roommate buys my copy on his card?
I guess if/when I get it I will upload a screen cap LP in the forums.
 I wanna see the project take off.
Thank you based dwarf.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012, 02:51:10 pm »

Phroot, since you already know (and are supported by) AlexPoysky does some nice LP videos. I'm not sure if he has the free time to get it done right now, but it's worth asking.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012, 02:54:22 pm »

so is that gonna be a issue if my roommate buys my copy on his card?

It shouldn't be -- the download link will go to whatever e-mail address is provided (you can also have your roommate buy it using the "gift" option). Then you can download it via the link. So, I should have said, you buy a location to download the game.  :D

Phroot, since you already know (and are supported by) AlexPoysky does some nice LP videos. I'm not sure if he has the free time to get it done right now, but it's worth asking.

He has done so much for me, I'd feel bad asking for more, ha! He is more than welcome to do it, maybe I will mention it  ;D

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2012, 03:51:53 pm »

Phroot, is there a guide or anything up anywhere for gameplay?

Hope you don't mind, I started a contest to raise some more awareness.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:08:43 pm by hemmingjay »

Jorlen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:07 pm »

I've put about 15 hours in the game so far, and have made several discoveries on the mechanics of the game.

I'd be happy to write a guide with some screenshots, but the only place I'd be putting it would be in this thread.  Not sure if that would be helpful.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2012, 04:19:39 pm »

Hmm i might begin to do a small LP every weekend. But things just are quite shit right now(not the game, my everyday), they might become better later.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2012, 04:36:36 pm »

I'm sure we would all appreciate that Jorlen!

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2012, 04:36:52 pm »

I've put about 15 hours in the game so far, and have made several discoveries on the mechanics of the game.

I'd be happy to write a guide with some screenshots, but the only place I'd be putting it would be in this thread.  Not sure if that would be helpful.

You make a game guide, I'll put it up on my home site -- how's that?  :D

Jorlen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2012, 04:55:47 pm »

You make a game guide, I'll put it up on my home site -- how's that?  :D

Sounds good to me!  I'll get to work on it as soon as I'm done work (you know, that thing that gets in the way of gaming 24/7 lol)

Jorlen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2012, 08:17:40 pm »

Here's the draft version of the guide, hope you guys like it!  Please feel free to contribute any corrections or additional info and I will edit it regularly!

Introduction:

While 3079 shares Minecraft's look and charm, the gameplay in both very different. I have never played anything quite like 3079, and was instantly addicted!  At first, the game can feel somewhat daunting due to difficulty and not knowing the mechanics, but like anything, it gets better with practice.

The game's core elements are a mix of exploration, combat and character progression via skills, stats and loot.  It is played entirely in the 1st person perspective, and much like Minecraft, the game world is procedurally generated and made mostly of square blocks.  Where 3079 differs is the variation of the environments, including huge forts and spheres suspended in the skies.  There are also several different types of landscape styles, such as desert, mountains, forest and so on.

To make this guide easier to read, I've decided to break it up in sections and keep it mainly point-form.

The basics:

- Before starting the game, be sure to read through GAME HELP on the launcher as it contains the basics of the world and gameplay

- If you wish to survive the planetary descent, deactivate your jetpack (Z key) and plummet down until you get near the ground.  This will ensure you keep your  starter items, giving you fairly big edge on early survival.

- The majority of denizens come in two flavours and you are automatically allied with the first:  The Humoids, which have their heads atop the shoulders, like a human.  The enemies are the Neanders, which have their heads coming out of their torsos.

- Humoids and Neanders can be normal, vendors or leaders.  Vendors can be identified with a dollar sign ($) and leaders with a star symbol.

- Apart from those two, you have demons and Capital ships.  Demons are red and slightly translucent, and are very dangerous at the start.  They will also suck you towards them if you get too close.  The telltale sign is the odd droning sound they emit.  Capital ships are huge flying strutures that will attack any denizens and pack huge firepower, so keep an eye out for them.

- The game's main quest starts with acquiring a demon smiter and killing demons, as described in the game help.  Stay away from demons until you have the means to kill them!

- Death means randomly losing an item and taking a small penalty on your credits.  Dying in a heavily populated area will also clear it of both Humoids and Neanders, making item recovery fairly safe.

Skills, stats and equipment:

- You get better by using your skills and doing things to raise your stats.  Most are obvious enough.  Run out of energy, and your energy will go up.  Run around overweight and your strength will increase, raising your weight limit.  Shoot things to get better at guns.  Socket items anytime you can to raise your engineering skill, giving you the ability to socket each piece of armor (4 slots) and any weapons, giving them a huge boost.

- Your jetpack and grappling hook are your best friends.  Once you become two levels higher than these items, they will stop working.  Very important - you level up by picking up or buying items that are higher than you, so keep all this in mind when shopping and pay attention to item levels, as well as your jetpack and grappling levels!

- I highly recommend always having a sword, gun and grappling hook in your four quickslots, whichi you can access with the 1-4 number keys.  I personally use #1 for the grapple, as it's incredibly handy for a quick escape, specially from demons that pull you towards them!

- You have four armor slots and I highly recommend using them as soon as you can!  Don't forget to mod them with engineering parts!

- You can have up to four activated energy items in your inventory; this includes batteries and generators.  You can mix and match them as you see fit.  Want 3 batteries and one generator for more capacity yet slightly less regen?  Go for it!

Structures and Tactics:

- Forts and structures are placed randomly in the generated game world.  Some forts are Humoid or Neander; you can tell by the icon that will be repeated along the walls.  If none are visible, it could be an empty structure, or it could be a mix of both!

- Clearing out enemy forts is an excellent way to get kills and equipment, as they are separated by rooms with doors.  This means you can play tactically and take on one or two enemies at a time, and never be surprised.

- If you are not in a building, try and find cover anytime you engage enemies.  Note that loose earth can be destroyed by certain firepower (heavy guns), so this can be both good and bad, depending on who has the gun!  If you have it, you can easily shoot yourself a small cave or hole to temporarily avoid danger.

- You will often receive quests to destroy capital ships.  Be sure to gather followers (go close to allies and hit F) and also make sure you engage it with plenty of cover.  My favorites are high forts with openings and walls.

- Shoot or slash enemies in the head for extra damage (NEEDS CONFIRMATION)

Weapon types:

- Swords are the game's melee weapons.  They are up close and personal, and very powerful.  They do not drain energy when used.  Keep an eye on delay and damage, these are the two primary stats.  I recommend saving those +Melee damage parts for these bad boys!

- The next are guns, which come in several varieties.  Apart from the type, I recommend keeping an eye on delay, energy drain and damage to make your decisions:

* Precision rifles are the slowest, but most accurate of guns, perfect for long distance sniping (and capital ships!)

* Shotguns have several projectiles and are better for close range; if each projectile hits the enemy, they cause great damage!

* Heavy guns are slower, with medium accuracy and cause splash damage that also destroys certain blocks - my personal favorites!

* Launchers typically have bouncing projectiles and cause a great deal of damage if you can land hits with them

* Blasters are the fastest guns, with low delays and low damage, but are great for close up - be sure to mod them with +projectile engineering parts!

* The grappling hooks can also pull enemies towards you and cause damage!  Try them out on capital ships, too!

- Jorlen
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:27:08 pm by Jorlen »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2012, 08:46:05 pm »

Awesome, thanks Jorlen! I have posted your guide here:

https://sites.google.com/site/3079game/game-guide

I only tweaked the Jetpack names to antigrav packs, as they are described in the game.

This makes a great addition to my site -- I'm sure many will find it very useful!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 26