Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69170 times)

K1ll3rm4n

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2012, 05:42:03 am »

I Bought the game few days ago, and Have been playing it all the time. Great job!
I know you are probably overwhelmed with bug-fixes and ideas but I had to write something:

1) FOV - increase FOV, or make it possible to change it (like minecraft FOV in options) FOV is not so horrible like in tom clancy RS Vegas 2 or Precursors, but still I wish too see moar.

2) Person above me suggested removing randomness. I really like randomness, bigger replay value + all the sounds of gunshots ,constant fighting, all this make you feel that you are in the middle of warzone and chaos.

3) I think already suggested, but make mining more exciting, like allow mining in ALL terrain. So you can Dig a hole anywhere, and from blocks you mine you can build fortifications around.

4)Leveling system is interesting, just one small tweak: I reached lvl 13, and no damn merchant sells anything from equipment that I could use. Suggestion: merchant should be able to recognize your lvl and therefore show the equipment which you can buy. I really cant find hook in my lvl, all loot and buildings contain only lvl 5 hooks.

5)Add options to change it like easy/normal/hard. I was really raging for first hours of gameplay, dieing all the time. After I figured out how to lvl up energy and strength game become much more fun. Actually I really liked the start, when you can get killed easily and you are forced to hide and run between bases.

6) Finally I destroyed that giant space-ship floating around, revenged after at least 10 deaths. I donīt know if I explored everything and I doubt I did, but it would be awesome to meet some enemy in really GIANT versions.

7) Is there a way to kill damn Red demons?

8) Iron sighs in some guns which would help to increase accuracy.

9) Vehicles! maybe just something like spaceships or hovering vehicles.

Thats all for now, thanks for reading and thanks for 3079.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2012, 12:07:32 pm »

I'd actually like to option to lower FOV, the game runs like a paraplegic in a tar pit when I'm outside.

I'd also like to state that killing an enemy that's a higher level also increases your level, even if it doesn't drop any items.

You can only kill red demons using demon smiter weapons.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2012, 12:47:49 pm »

Who suggested removing randomness? I suggested to make a SYSTEM for the randomness.

As example, you could spawn x mobs in area in random spots, or you could spawn them in groups moving via some logical routes to accomplish some objectives. I like the second option more.

I would like to be able to reduce FOV too as an option.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2012, 01:25:09 pm »

I've been really busy today, so little time to code / respond to all the requests (I will get to them!) --

but I am curious -- Deon, are you still working on another texture pack version (with grass flowers etc.)? If not, can you please send me the GIMP xcf so I can finalize it up for the next release?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2012, 02:03:49 pm »

Oops, the final version is no longer in GiMP format, and I will work on it more tomorrow. I will move it into xcf :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2012, 03:51:43 pm »

Who suggested removing randomness? I suggested to make a SYSTEM for the randomness.

As example, you could spawn x mobs in area in random spots, or you could spawn them in groups moving via some logical routes to accomplish some objectives. I like the second option more.

I would like to be able to reduce FOV too as an option.

I want to back up Deon here a little bit. I hate it in games where killing a monster doesn't actually mean anything, another one just spawns. In those games it is always better to just run away. There is no option to clear the enemies and take care of business.

I'd much rather have some sort of enemy spawner, even if was invisible. It is nice to be able to clear an area and take care of business.

On the grappling hook issue... I don't really understand the need to have it degrade, but if you want to, just make it degrade by use and have to get it repaired. If it is much lower level than you it degrades faster, I guess.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2012, 05:08:22 pm »

About the randomness stuff -- we can have the best of both worlds. I can add areas that have Humoid/Neander military complexes placed among the rest of the chaotic world.

I want to back up Deon here a little bit. I hate it in games where killing a monster doesn't actually mean anything, another one just spawns. In those games it is always better to just run away. There is no option to clear the enemies and take care of business.

Another one spawns, yes, but very far away -- and it might be a friendly guy. So, killing that guy chasing you is often very useful, especially to get the goodies they drop. With that said, the Demons do work a bit differently -- killing them does progress the storyline.

About FOV -- the game is a multiplayer game, so I'm hesitant to allow changing it (since people playing with higher FOV would have an advantage). However, an option for single player could be added (but this is a low priority... got many other things to add first!).

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2012, 06:23:29 pm »

I always thought that FOV is a graphical setting and nothing else, you change it only if you want, so I don't see a lot of advantage here, it's closer to graphical customization than gameplay tweaks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2012, 06:48:45 pm »

I always thought that FOV is a graphical setting and nothing else, you change it only if you want, so I don't see a lot of advantage here, it's closer to graphical customization than gameplay tweaks.

Well, if you "up" the FOV, you will be able to see more. Theoretically, if you maxed it out, you'd be able to see behind yourself  :P

I also need to do some positioning of your held item with changes to the FOV...

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2012, 06:59:24 pm »

Woo, 3079 is ranked #1 on Desura right now!  :D :D :D

http://www.desura.com/games/3079

Shadowscales

• Bay Watcher
  • rawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2012, 07:38:52 pm »

Just a li'l tick box for "LOW FOV"
Welcome to the fold, the weirdos are in that corner, and that one, and those two. And in the middle too, we're all weirdos in the Furry Fandom

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 11, 2012, 09:12:40 pm »

Woo, 3079 is ranked #1 on Desura right now!  :D :D :D

http://www.desura.com/games/3079

I figured that was the case when I saw that 3079 on Desura has a higher return on google than your main site. Great job!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: January 11, 2012, 10:57:11 pm »

Yogscast played the game, did poorly, accidentally punched a merchant, and everyone attacked them. Thus brings comments like this:

So why is the FoV like 55? Too high tech graphics to handle, must restrict the FoV? xD
But i must say i am apalled this is actually being SOLD in this state.. I love and support indie games alot, but there still has to be SOME level of expected quality, we cant just accept any shit. This should not be sold in this state.

desura is a platform full of awful games like this, there are 1000s of them, and hardly a single game worth checking out, avoid desura like the plague

Thumbs up if you thought it was a minecraft mod

they need to stop these shitty games

Guys these comments are starting to get me real riled up hold me ;_;
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:53:16 pm by Putnam »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2012, 12:41:05 am »

Well, to be fair youtube comments are not well known for being well thought out.

Thank you based dwarf.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2012, 08:39:04 am »

There also were lots of positive comments from Yogscast viewers:

"Despite the Yogscast trying to make fun of your game, I have to say, I like it! just continue working on it friend, it has endless potential; I hope someone joins you in development!"

"I came from the yogscast lol I might try out the demo, and probably try to pull some cash together to buy it :) don't get discouraged by peoples comments, I think it's great but has some room for improvement :)"

"I too come from Yogscast and....I need to play this. Badly."

"Yes phr00t. The yogscast played this game, so expect alot more attention. They didn't really...praise the game too much, but don't take it to heart. Their video made me interested, and when I tried the demo, I discovered all the RPG elements, the different items and weapons, the inventories and the trading. I really reccomend everyone try this game properly, and not just dismiss it."

With publicity comes supporters, haters, and everyone in between. I'm just going to keep doing what I am doing -- listening to my supporters & improving the game. Simple as that.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26