• View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #300 on: February 03, 2012, 06:02:52 pm »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 05, 2012, 08:27:29 am »

Hrm.. are you running as a very restricted user? For some reason, my game can't access your registry to save Java preferences.  :-\

manu1591

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 06, 2012, 09:33:37 am »

running as the only user, even if I use ''Run as Administrator" it won't work btw
nothing buggy about my java to, updated it reinstalled it etc...

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2012, 04:08:23 pm »

v2.7.9b is out! Finally got around to Deon's awesome idea of having weapon trails and they look very good!

Big things are also music, dedicated servers and limb-specific damage effects.

* Music! Different music for questing, wandering and fighting with smooth transitions
* Projectile/bullet trails: smoke trails for rockets & grenades, energy trails for others
* Dedicated server run via command line with java: java -jar 3079.exe --server [name] [population count]
* Limb damage effects: high-damage shots in the legs slow target, arms cause bad accuracy
* Items now show their individual weights in inventory
* Fixed bugs that caused weight inconsistencies
* Fixed a bug that caused weight to not be updated when buying / taking something from storage
* Reduced overall resale value of items
* Removed "resale" penalty from gems, making them worth more
* New fist graphics
* Limited the rate at which you can get free items at the end of the game
* Characters now will have a maximum leg count of 4
* New HUD indicator to notify player of current effects
* Grenades are no longer perfect cubes
* Grappling hook doesn't shake you anymore when reaching the hook point
* Minor changes to performance and memory management

Thanks guys for your support and suggestions!

@ http://3079.phr00t.com/

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 10, 2012, 07:25:44 pm »

* Items now show their individual weights in inventory

Thank you! <3

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2012, 05:37:34 pm »

v2.8.13b is out!

Lots of multiplayer fixes, new textures, better AI & fixes  :D

* Many multiplayer fixes: disconnects & chunk loading problems should be all fixed!
* Fixed the "Multiplayer Servers" link on my homepage -- much easier to find servers!
* All new character textures: new Neanders, Humoids, Ships & Demons! Thanks to Urcheon from Desura
* Improved AI: characters will now follow and jump more intelligently
* Performance improvements
* Fixed a bug that allowed you to stack items on top of each other in storage
* Character heads now pivot correctly at the neck when looking up or down
* Humoids now always have 2 legs, Neanders have 4
* Added more help and tips at the start of the game, especially for first-time players
* Maximum grappling hook and antigrav device support is now shown in inventory
* Characters should no longer spawn on top of each other
* "Action" key now closes the storage screen in addition to opening it
* Fixed a crash when a remote player uses a grappling hook on a demon in multiplayer
* Added an option to the dedicated server to specify the directory to save chunk data
* Dedicated server now can run without any graphical interface correctly

@ http://3079.phr00t.com/

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2012, 05:40:50 pm »

Wow this is really coming along! I'll grab it again and give it a run tonight. Looking much more polished.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2012, 06:06:08 pm »

Wow this is really coming along! I'll grab it again and give it a run tonight. Looking much more polished.
^

I'll be giving it another play tonight as well, if I can break away from my traditional Saturday night Toonami Aftermath + CS:S binge.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2012, 06:08:59 pm »

I'll be giving it another play tonight as well, if I can break away from my traditional Saturday night Toonami Aftermath + CS:S binge.

Thanks guys :) I put lots of work into this release, since there is a "big event" coming next week for 3079 :P I want the game to just "feel" more polished. I hope you enjoy it more this time around  ;D

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2012, 08:35:05 pm »

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 19, 2012, 11:47:33 am »

I suddenly had an idea, the same weapons graphics gets boring in the long run.
I suggest: Procedurally Generated Weapons graphics!

It would be easy, all you need to do is vary a bit on the size of the different parts, snipers and other long range things would have long slender barrels and a large.. uhh "main" part, and maybe a scope, while launchers would have thick and short barrels and a very huge.. uhh "main part", pistols would generally be short and have slender barrels of varying short lengths.

Different colours too. Any hope of any crafting? I mean, can i upgrade weapons yet?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2012, 02:29:06 pm »

I suddenly had an idea, the same weapons graphics gets boring in the long run.
I suggest: Procedurally Generated Weapons graphics!

It would be easy, all you need to do is vary a bit on the size of the different parts, snipers and other long range things would have long slender barrels and a large.. uhh "main" part, and maybe a scope, while launchers would have thick and short barrels and a very huge.. uhh "main part", pistols would generally be short and have slender barrels of varying short lengths.

Different colours too. Any hope of any crafting? I mean, can i upgrade weapons yet?

This is a cool idea that has been requested a few times. I can totally do it too, but the sticking point has been getting the weapon pieces. I ultimately want to have 3D weapons, and when I get that working, it should be easier to "piece" things together.

You can currently upgrade weapons by using your "Engineering" skill to put components into items (like weapons).

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2012, 02:36:39 pm »

phr00t,
I am absolutely blown away with how much you have already achieved and in my humble opinion you are nearing the level of polish to get your game on Steam. I know with Alex's help you can do it!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2012, 02:53:56 pm »

phr00t,
I am absolutely blown away with how much you have already achieved and in my humble opinion you are nearing the level of polish to get your game on Steam. I know with Alex's help you can do it!

Thanks for the support :-) I'm hoping to approach Steam in a month or so.. the "big" event happening this coming week for 3079 should help  ;D

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 20, 2012, 11:02:37 am »

So instead of finishing the enormous workload I have, I played the hell out of 3079 for the first time in almost 30 days. I can't express how much better the game is. The balance is finally making a lot of sense. It seems to me that drops and vendor items are automatically your level now, which is, if true, a massive improvement.

Would you consider adding a high quality title screen/graphic before the game loads. It's little things like this that the guys at Steam look for when evaluating their version of quality.

A couple of issues I am having with the current version:
Friendlies attacking each other. I don't know if this is intended, but one will sit still while the other keeps shooting him.
Played for 2 hours without finding a demon smiter. maybe this is just bad luck?
No grappling hook found either.

All of that aside, personally it is now in my top 3 favorite games in any category!

Thanks phr00t!
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 26