Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69145 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #315 on: February 20, 2012, 12:30:56 pm »

Hmm i redownloaded your game recently, i love it now, its much more atmospheric. Made me think how it would be if there were caverns with even more WRECKYOURSTUFF and SPESSBEAR kInda creatures, very rare gems wich immense powers(could be crafted into custom batteries capable of storing a truckload of energy, or make powerful staff energy weapons), remains of very advanced underground civilisations and secret bases full of robots and stuff.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2012, 04:59:16 pm »

So instead of finishing the enormous workload I have, I played the hell out of 3079 for the first time in almost 30 days. I can't express how much better the game is. The balance is finally making a lot of sense. It seems to me that drops and vendor items are automatically your level now, which is, if true, a massive improvement.

Would you consider adding a high quality title screen/graphic before the game loads. It's little things like this that the guys at Steam look for when evaluating their version of quality.

A couple of issues I am having with the current version:
Friendlies attacking each other. I don't know if this is intended, but one will sit still while the other keeps shooting him.
Played for 2 hours without finding a demon smiter. maybe this is just bad luck?
No grappling hook found either.

All of that aside, personally it is now in my top 3 favorite games in any category!

Thanks phr00t!

Glad you gave it another run and saw improvements!  :D

Hrm... I think the game loads into the main menu pretty quickly, where the high-quality logo is shown. How long does it take for the game to load for you?

The friendlies attacking each other is likely due to a friendly accidentally shooting another, then the other friendly gets pissed, and attacks back. However, this does end up causing some weird situations, so I can just make AI characters never engage friendly characters.

You only get Demon Smiters from completing quests. You can't find random Demon Smiters elsewhere.. they are only quest rewards. However, I would blame "bad luck" for not finding a grappling hook! Very odd to go that long without seeing one, especially if you are searching buildings and trading with merchants.

Hmm i redownloaded your game recently, i love it now, its much more atmospheric. Made me think how it would be if there were caverns with even more WRECKYOURSTUFF and SPESSBEAR kInda creatures, very rare gems wich immense powers(could be crafted into custom batteries capable of storing a truckload of energy, or make powerful staff energy weapons), remains of very advanced underground civilisations and secret bases full of robots and stuff.

Well you just have tons of ideas  ;D I do want to add caverns with new creatures underground, and I plan on it. I have a few more things I want to add to the above-ground area first, though..   :)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 20, 2012, 05:06:50 pm »

The game loads in less than a second for me, so I have never seen a loading screen.

I finally found grappling hooks(too many now, lol) after lvl 5.

The problem with friendlies shooting each other is that I can't count on their support in firefights because of this. Does AI have Line of Sight logic? If so, just make a friendly unit break LOS and they won't fire upon each other. That would also make it so they would conserve energy for the real fight.

Is there a way to recruit friendlies to fight with me?
Only a simple mind can be certain.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 20, 2012, 05:45:43 pm »

The game loads in less than a second for me, so I have never seen a loading screen.

I finally found grappling hooks(too many now, lol) after lvl 5.

The problem with friendlies shooting each other is that I can't count on their support in firefights because of this. Does AI have Line of Sight logic? If so, just make a friendly unit break LOS and they won't fire upon each other. That would also make it so they would conserve energy for the real fight.

Is there a way to recruit friendlies to fight with me?

I'm working on fixing the friendly vs. friendly thing now.

Yup, you can recruit friendlies by requesting they "Follow" you with the F key.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 20, 2012, 06:14:24 pm »

double thanks!

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2012, 12:47:43 pm »

3079 is now up on Indie Royale for cheap! Thank you for all your support:

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 23, 2012, 02:53:23 pm »

Watching this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 23, 2012, 03:17:40 pm »

3079 is now up on Indie Royale for cheap! Thank you for all your support:

http://www.indieroyale.com/

Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 23, 2012, 08:22:41 pm »

I got a question on this game: when a demon starts pulling you towards it, how do you escape? Because I will start being pulled then be insta-killed.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 23, 2012, 11:19:54 pm »

Just keep running and jumping away from him and hope you aren't carrying too much weight. Try and keep objects between you and it, just get over a hill or mountain and then just keep running until it's just a bad memory.

Now do some quests until you get the demon slayer of lvl 3 or higher and some decent armor and make those demons your bitch. Rinse. Repeat.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 25, 2012, 11:01:43 pm »

v2.9.1b is out! Desura may take a bit for it to be authorized.

I've added Humoid and Neander "cities", created just one "interaction" key, fixed some textures & tweaked some stuff. You may notice odd biome behavior for terrain already generated due to the new biomes (and I also had to shift biome "centers" so you could start in a friendly Humoid city).

Complete changes:
* Humoid and Neander cities/complexes now implemented!
* You will now start right above (and wake up in) a friendly Humoid city/complex
* Combined keys into one "interaction" key to talk with leaders, merchants & toggle doors
* Many updated textures: trees, dirt, buildings, grass, storage etc.
* Friendly characters should no longer attack each other when fighting in a group
* Reduced the number of free, random items found in buildings
* The server name you are trying to connect to is now trimmed of extra spaces
* Increased the demo time limit a bit
* Mining drill now destroys all soft terrain in addition to rocks
* Corrupted items with no graphics will no longer cause a crash, but an "error" item instead
* Changes to how items store data, which should help multiplayer network performance
* Followers don't cause other characters to auto-follow you anymore
* Followers don't disappear after death now

I hope to get started on the mini-fighters and fix a few bugs for the next release. Biggest bugs I want to fix are the collision boxes on the characters vs terrain & performance on slower graphics cards (Intel HD cards).

Thanks guys!
@ http://3079.phr00t.com/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 11:03:24 pm by phr00t »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 26, 2012, 12:51:45 am »

Better performance on Intel HD graphics would be much appreciated indeed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2012, 10:24:21 am »

I'm downloading the demo to see what it's like.

I'll give some feedback later.

I managed to talk to one of the leaders.
now what do I do?

EDIT: wow... short demo...

picked up some boxes, equipped one, demo ends

I didn't realyl get any first impressions because I got to do nothing.

Did you get to leave the base at all? Did you try starting a new game?

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2012, 10:53:38 am »

I'm downloading the demo to see what it's like.

I'll give some feedback later.

I managed to talk to one of the leaders.
now what do I do?

EDIT: wow... short demo...

picked up some boxes, equipped one, demo ends

I didn't realyl get any first impressions because I got to do nothing.

Did you get to leave the base at all? Did you try starting a new game?
I didn't leave the base.

nor could I find out how to get past the objective of ;do quests to get the demonslayer' or something.

You can't quest in the demo version to get past that objective... Now that I have you start in a friendly base, action is much father away. I will have to extend the time limit some more because of this. In the meantime, start a new game and find a merchant, then head outside the base to see some action.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 26, 2012, 11:29:54 am »

Reposting this again since it's actually more relevant here:
Hey guys, I got this tweet from Indie Royale:

"@phr00t_ Actually, we _will_ be updating the version in the Indie Royale back end/key page every time there's a new version"

Looks like you can get your updates from Indie Royale.. not sure how, but they claim you can!

Thanks guys for your support! I just uploaded a new version of 3079 and I'm planning the next release!
I must say I'm enjoying your new version with complexes!

But I think it's better if you set the quest accept to "E" and "F2" to decline, I might accidentally press E even though I want to accept the quest. If the player accidentally accepts the quest when he doesn't want to, he can always cancel it, but you can't undo your mistake if you decline the quest.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26