Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69176 times)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #330 on: February 26, 2012, 03:13:51 pm »

Reposting this again since it's actually more relevant here:
Hey guys, I got this tweet from Indie Royale:

"@phr00t_ Actually, we _will_ be updating the version in the Indie Royale back end/key page every time there's a new version"

Looks like you can get your updates from Indie Royale.. not sure how, but they claim you can!

Thanks guys for your support! I just uploaded a new version of 3079 and I'm planning the next release!
I must say I'm enjoying your new version with complexes!

But I think it's better if you set the quest accept to "E" and "F2" to decline, I might accidentally press E even though I want to accept the quest. If the player accidentally accepts the quest when he doesn't want to, he can always cancel it, but you can't undo your mistake if you decline the quest.

Hhhhrrrmmm.. The action key brings up and closes other stuff without performing any action, also like the ESC key that uses the F2 as confirmation. If I made the E key accept, it would be kinda inconsistent :-\

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 26, 2012, 03:47:47 pm »

It's a good game with good concept, but the graphics...  :-\
It's kinda grotesque looking.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 26, 2012, 08:11:54 pm »

I like the graphics. The paper-thin texture-on-plane holdables are a little strange, though, and the only major inconsistency I've noticed. Minecraft solved this by widening them.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 27, 2012, 08:44:40 am »

I like the graphics. The paper-thin texture-on-plane holdables are a little strange, though, and the only major inconsistency I've noticed. Minecraft solved this by widening them.

I do plan on widening my graphics too, I hope to even have customizable weapons where you can swap weapon parts in and out, to even change it visually :)

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 27, 2012, 09:15:21 am »

I think I'm having some issues here playing this with my videocard. Nvidia automatically switches it to my integrated graphics card, but when I set it to use my Nvidia card through the control panel thing, I get about the same results. Inconsistent performance, but my RAM and CPU aren't operating anywhere near full capacity. (The card I'm using is the Nvidia GeForce GT 540M)

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 27, 2012, 09:54:52 am »

I played it yesterday for some hours. I really liked it, especially the musics! :D

Some thoughts:
-I still think the hook/jetpack level-linked usability is really a pain in the ass. It's illogical and useless, especially as all other items can still be used even if I out-level them.
-Same goes for Demon smiters levels. Don't render them useless, just point at the player that he's doing less damage to higher level demons as, for example, they could have a thicker skin.
-The player level system is weird but original. Finding the wrong item at the wrong time can lead to an unwanted spike in difficulty.
-A DPS or damage-per-energy indicator for weapons could be a nice addition.
-There's no incentive to explore the world. It's sad. It was easier to wait for demon attacks in the first humoid complex I was in.
-Is there a light item? Nights are dark.
-How does the mining skill work? How can I mine stone? I'm lost.
-To resume, this game obviously needs a tutorial.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 27, 2012, 10:18:26 am »

I played it yesterday for some hours. I really liked it, especially the musics! :D

Some thoughts:
-I still think the hook/jetpack level-linked usability is really a pain in the ass. It's illogical and useless, especially as all other items can still be used even if I out-level them.
-Same goes for Demon smiters levels. Don't render them useless, just point at the player that he's doing less damage to higher level demons as, for example, they could have a thicker skin.
-The player level system is weird but original. Finding the wrong item at the wrong time can lead to an unwanted spike in difficulty.
-A DPS or damage-per-energy indicator for weapons could be a nice addition.
-There's no incentive to explore the world. It's sad. It was easier to wait for demon attacks in the first humoid complex I was in.
-Is there a light item? Nights are dark.
-How does the mining skill work? How can I mine stone? I'm lost.
-To resume, this game obviously needs a tutorial.

Glad you are enjoying it, even though you have some pointed criticisms  ;)

1) The hook/antigrav pack are not level-linked anymore. They are weight-linked, which is much more logical. You need a higher level hook/antigrav device to support more weight.
2) This is a decent idea for the Demon Smiters.
3) The game's difficulty is not determined by your level, but how far you are from the starting point. Finding high level items will only help you :)
4) Also a good idea (DPS thingy)
5) Finding new, better items and areas are not an incentive? Also, killing higher level Demons in the demon uprising will reduce the influence meter quicker.
6) Night-vision goggles are on the to-do list!
7) Try mining rocks, or rocks with gems in them. You will get gems to sell -- higher level mining skill (and mining item) will get you better gems.
8) More help is on the to-do list, but there are videos, a wiki, a game guide on my website, and a "Quick Help" on the main menu, and finally an in-game F1 help screen for now.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 27, 2012, 10:52:40 am »

Oh! Thank you for the enlightenment! :)

1. An indication of the supported weight is then a must-have! (if already in-game, I may have miss it)
3. That explains that.
5. Good to know!
7. I tried it, but it didn't work. I may have try on wrong rocks.
8. For now an upgrade of the game guide (that I did read!) could be enough. I'm not a good enough English writer to try to upgrade the wiki.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 27, 2012, 11:11:29 am »

Oh! Thank you for the enlightenment! :)

1. An indication of the supported weight is then a must-have! (if already in-game, I may have miss it)
3. That explains that.
5. Good to know!
7. I tried it, but it didn't work. I may have try on wrong rocks.
8. For now an upgrade of the game guide (that I did read!) could be enough. I'm not a good enough English writer to try to upgrade the wiki.

You're welcome!

1. It is there :) If you hover over the hook/antigrav device in the inventory, it will be shown!
7. You get gems relatively rarely on normal rock blocks, since there are lots of rocks. The best place to find gems is in deeper caves with visible gems in the rocks.
8. Yeah, those guides could use some work, just so much coding to do!

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 27, 2012, 03:36:19 pm »

OK, I think I have a potential solution for people with slower video cards WITHOUT limiting draw distance (because that is no fun!)

I'd like someone with either an Intel HD card, or someone else having sluggish video performance, to send me an e-mail: phr00t [at] gmail doooot com :) I can give you a development version to compare performance.

Thanks!

EDIT: I got testers now, yay!  :D
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 04:22:18 pm by phr00t »

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 28, 2012, 12:45:00 am »

Wow! I bought the game awhile ago (probably not more than 2 months ago) and played it a bit, and kinda forgot about it and just tried it again. So many improvements! The game looks and plays a lot better, I'm pretty hooked now.

Small question, when the construction tools run out of material are they pretty much useless or is there a way to reload them?

Meta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 28, 2012, 04:54:26 am »

@Infuriated
I was wondering the same thing, but I found the solution: find a merchant, talk to him, then right-click on your items you want to recharge.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 03, 2012, 04:00:51 pm »

v2.10.6b out!  :D

Working on getting these nifty mini-fighters into 3079 (designed by Urcheon from Desura):

* Mini fighters "Work in Progress": Buggy in multiplayer, missing cockpit graphics etc.
* Huge 3D performance improvements: Intel HD cards should work much better now!
* Character collision problems / getting stuck in buildings should be fixed
* More polished & detailed textures from Urcheon -- thanks!
* Characters will no longer auto-follow you in multiplayer
* Fixed underwater textures
* Fixed a few rare crashes, some that only affected servers
* Fixed a bug that caused some projectiles to not show up in multiplayer games
* Fixed grappling hooks from not disappearing in multiplayer games
* Added password protection options for servers
* Added banning ability for servers
* Made explosions a bit quieter
* Extended the demo time period by 30%
* Made the sniper rifle require a bit more energy to fire
* /history now shows a chat log that can be toggled with the ~ (tilde) key
* Fixed a bug that made quest item names not appear in a quest description
* Using /goto or /home now disconnects you from a grappling hook
* Tweaked some logic in the "protection" quest to try and resolve a bug report
* Other more minor performance and bandwidth improvements

@ http://3079.phr00t.com/

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 03, 2012, 06:43:51 pm »

OMG! Will the battleships have similar graphics? What a jump in evolution! Great work!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 03, 2012, 09:06:59 pm »

OMG! Will the battleships have similar graphics? What a jump in evolution! Great work!

Urcheon made some battleship graphics already -- I doubt he is going to re-do them :P But I agree these do look awesome :)
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 26