Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: 3079  (Read 69161 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
Re: 3079
« Reply #345 on: March 04, 2012, 04:32:42 pm »

We need forgotten beasts in theese games.. BE AWARE OF ITS DEADLY DUST!
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 04, 2012, 05:31:23 pm »

When can we expect the latest version on Desura?

We need forgotten beasts in theese games.. BE AWARE OF ITS DEADLY DUST!

I agree, but the trolls are already ridiculous inferring that this game wasn't original enough. Just to clarify, this game IS completely different from any other game, including 3059, 3069 and of course 3089.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:02 pm »

The latest version should be up and available on Desura now -- I'm already working on the next release! :)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 05, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »

For whatever reason, Desura wasn't showing that there was a new version until I quit it and restarted it.

On a more important note, you deserve a better rating on Desura. 8.7 just won't do!
Only a simple mind can be certain.

SirHoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 06, 2012, 11:35:05 am »

Got this game via the Indie Bundle, and after spending a large portion of yesterday playing, I thought I'd drop in with my initial impressions while they were still fresh in my mind..

First off, loved the music and art style.  I found myself drawn into the usual "get better gun, go kill alien, get even betterer gun" cycle while exploring around the initial town without feeling like I was grinding.  Exploring was fun, even though I didn't end up traveling out very far (max level of gear I had before endgame was 3).

On the needs improvement side of things, the ending came as a bit of a surprise.  Could just be because the game is in development, but the pacing of the game came to a standstill.  So, here's what I ran into at that point of the game... (spoilers to avoid ruining peoples surprise if they haven't played that far yet)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

General things that I considered "issues" would be...

And a couple of things for my wish list...

All in all, the game is looking great, I was quite surprised by how polished it felt.  Keep up the good work, I am now looking forward to see what you come up with next!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:02:53 pm by SirHoder »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2012, 06:48:55 pm »

Thanks SirHoder, great list of suggestions.

I do plan on extending the story and flushing it out, but it has kinda taken a back seat to bug fixes, new features and balancing tweaks. I do plan on getting to it.

The items despawned because you became too far away from them... I'm going to have to find a better solution for this, I don't want people losing all of their items  :-\

The ESC key thing is fixed in the upcoming version :)

I also fixed the storage cost bug, thanks for the report!

The doors should spawn as unlocked if you previously locked them... unlocking them replaces the blocks with unlocked doors, so they shouldn't go back to being locked  :-\

I fixed the mini-fighters-in-buildings bug too  :)

Lots of your other ideas are cool, on the to-do list, or already fixed (elevator building, restarting a world with an existing player, map/radar tool etc.)

Hope to have another release this weekend!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2012, 06:59:26 pm »

If I may suggest something as I was reading through and it was brought up by a different person (on the official forum I think):

Is it possible you could change the ticking distance label above target things (lost items, quest targets) to say something more than just the number? I was very confused for the first while that I played 3079 as I thought that it was a timer counting down as I ran to the target, and I would always just make it :P

My suggestion is maybe add a word to it like "Distance: 176" or something. I wouldn't want to make it too long or distracting, just less unclear.

SirHoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2012, 08:06:26 pm »

It sounds like you have this well in hand Phr00t  :)

An additional (low priority) feature request then,  some way to determine the "level" of area you're in (an overlay on the future map perhaps).  My current character is randomly wandering in circles within a level 4-7 area.  I'd like to determine which way to head for a higher level quest giver (my lev 4 demon smiter needs an upgrade)

And while I'm spouting random suggestions :P 

Shift-Click for quick buy/sell/storage.
A larger item pick up area (probably 1.5 - 2x the current), seems to be tricky to pick up stuff next to a sloped tile.
Dirt tile for the constructor, let us patch up some of those bomb craters.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:21:26 pm by SirHoder »

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 06, 2012, 08:23:43 pm »

It sounds like you have this well in hand Phr00t  :)

An additional (low priority) feature request then,  some way to determine the "level" of area you're in (an overlay on the future map perhaps).  My current character is randomly wandering in circles within a level 4-7 area.  I'd like to determine which way to head for a higher level quest giver (my lev 4 demon smiter needs an upgrade)

I've got some command line options that might help for now: /location to see your current area's level, and /compass to know where you are heading. If you just walk in one direction, you'll eventually start going up in levels. I do plan on adding a radar / map system!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #354 on: March 06, 2012, 10:40:50 pm »

not sure i get it. I went to the planet and looked for a leader, but walking was painfully slow and i wandered kinda aimlessly around empty buildings. It turned night and suddenly everyone wanted to kill me, even the merchants. Gave up due to slow movement and lack of fun-having.

Any tips to enjoy it more since people seem to be enjoying this? I am sure I missed something.
I got nothing

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 06, 2012, 10:45:13 pm »

not sure i get it. I went to the planet and looked for a leader, but walking was painfully slow and i wandered kinda aimlessly around empty buildings. It turned night and suddenly everyone wanted to kill me, even the merchants. Gave up due to slow movement and lack of fun-having.

Any tips to enjoy it more since people seem to be enjoying this? I am sure I missed something.

What kind of graphics card do you have? The slow walking has generally been due to slow graphics acceleration...

Also, did you try going in buildings to look for leaders? They are often found in there.. and you must have attacked some Humoids to turn them against you.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2012, 11:03:02 pm »

What kind of graphics card do you have? The slow walking has generally been due to slow graphics acceleration...

Also, did you try going in buildings to look for leaders? They are often found in there.. and you must have attacked some Humoids to turn them against you.

sadly I have a laptop with integated intel crap-card. And yes, I think i punched a merchant because I didnt read the controls thoroughly. I died in that fight and I guess I assumed I was forgiven like in most games these days...now I know thats not how it goes.

I'll try again, this time no punching and make double sure i'm on the lowest of all settings.
I got nothing

dylanwalsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 07, 2012, 01:20:47 am »

I added more badges to the wiki to encouage editing!
if you are stuck check out http://3079game.wikia.com/wiki/3079game_Wiki

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2012, 01:59:22 pm »

sadly I have a laptop with integated intel crap-card. And yes, I think i punched a merchant because I didnt read the controls thoroughly. I died in that fight and I guess I assumed I was forgiven like in most games these days...now I know thats not how it goes.

I'll try again, this time no punching and make double sure i'm on the lowest of all settings.

Let me know if the lowest settings helps... I am adding an even lower "Very Basic" setting in the next release that also cuts down the draw distance.

I'm also going to make your starting faction more friendly with the Humoids, which should allow a little more forgiveness for new players.

I added more badges to the wiki to encouage editing!
if you are stuck check out http://3079game.wikia.com/wiki/3079game_Wiki

Thanks man :)

phr00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 08, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »

GonzoDark is doing a giveaway of the Alpha IndieRoyale bundle, including 3079, here:

http://www.desura.com/games/3079/forum/thread/win-a-copy-of-3079

Just have to post something you like about 3079 in the forum and you will be entered!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26