Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Corrupted: Total Conversion Mod - Version - 0.01  (Read 9380 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Corrupted: Total Conversion Mod - Version - 0.01
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:40:52 pm »

Corrupted

What has been unleashed can not be forced back to where it came, the Dark Magics that created these beings, the true bringers of death, is far to powerful, and even the combined magics of all races could not banish them from this world. The Corrupted, beings that used to be humans, elves, dwarves, or some other race, have been created, and there mere touch is death. Our tries to rid our world of them as ripped us of our magic, and a now many of us hide waiting for the inevitable to come, for death to free us from this Hell.

Yet there is hope in you, a group of seven Dark Dwarves, who have been sent to make a bastion to hold out against the Corrupted, and save your people. If you fail your people, and the entire world is lost, but if you succeed maybe one day you will find a way to drive the Corrupted from this world, and finally be free. Now go forth, Strike the Earth !

Description:
The aim of Corrupted is to expand the amount of content DF has with tons of new metals, plants, ores, stones, weapons, creatures, civs, etc., and make it far more deadly than ever before. Instead of playing Dwarves your race will be the Dark Dwarves, those who have been exiled from Dwarven society. I already have quite a few races planned; Dark Dwarves, Dwarves, Shadow Elves, High Elves, Corrupted, etc. (See list below for all planned races). This way I am hoping to make DF more challenging, and fun at the same time while giving you much more content to work with, and more deadly enemies to face.

I will also be adding several new workshops, and a number of Mega-Beasts that will have you locking your fortress doors, and cowering under the table in the hope they won't notice you.

Spoiler: Planned Civs (click to show/hide)

Download Link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5222

Credits:
Credit goes to bdog for allowing me to add his wheelbarrow mod to mine :)
Credit also goes to Deon for inspiring me to make this simply from playing his mods
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 02:48:00 pm by adwarf »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupted: Total Conversion Mod - Work In Progress
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:45:34 pm »

Reserved

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 04:03:36 am »

Sounds fun! You have my blessings!

A proposition: replace "steel dwarves", "stone dwarves" etc. with "steel clan dwarves", "stone clan dwarves". It sounds better :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:07:54 pm »

A proposition: replace "steel dwarves", "stone dwarves" etc. with "steel clan dwarves", "stone clan dwarves". It sounds better :).
That is my plan :)

Also it seems corrupted iron is quite powerful just made a colossus out of it, and 80 elves didn't kill it. So that not going in until I fine tune Corrupted Iron a bit more (And I still need to make the process for making Corrupted Iron a bit longer since its quite powerful). I should have a v 0.01 release soon. I just have to fix it, so the Corrupted actually appear in world gen.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 08:07:45 am »

That is my plan :)

Also it seems corrupted iron is quite powerful just made a colossus out of it, and 80 elves didn't kill it. So that not going in until I fine tune Corrupted Iron a bit more (And I still need to make the process for making Corrupted Iron a bit longer since its quite powerful). I should have a v 0.01 release soon. I just have to fix it, so the Corrupted actually appear in world gen.

Rule of the thumb: If it's stronger than bronze, it's unfit for colossus material plating, as crushing it would be nigh impossible.

You should include strong artifact type weapons such as a handheld ballista or swords that can sunder things easily, and add a soul-item enhancing system, if possible.

And make sure to add Bdog's wheelbarrows mod, if you can get permissions.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 08:19:00 am »

If you are really going for a collossus-like creature, I recommend you add one or more bodyparts that when destroyed cause the death of the creature. Otherwise, it's going to be a problem.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:04:57 am »

And make sure to add Bdog's wheelbarrows mod, if you can get permissions.
\
Ouch, how could I forget about it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 01:23:16 pm »

Thanks for all the suggestions :) Also I have scrapped the colossus for now, but expect it in a future update. Nearing V. 0.01 just need to do some last minute adjustments, and add a few more things.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupted: Total Conversion Mod - Version - 0.01
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 02:43:05 pm »

Version 0.01 is released :) Any feedback, comments, or suggestions are welcome :)

Download Link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5222

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 03:46:28 pm »

Work continues, and I am currently working on the Night Goblin civ

Planned Stuff for the Next Update:
Night Goblins
Rat-Kin
Gnomes
Clockwork Rifle
Sword-Staff
Shamshir
Hand Cannon
Gear Bow
Wicked Blade
Compound Bow
Clockworks
New Plants (Oranges, Apples, Bananas, Grapefruit, Grapes, etc.)
New Drink (Grape Juice, Apple Juice, Moonshine, White Wine, Red Wine, etc.)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 11:16:32 am »

I'll give this a try.

If possible, try to make a list with the contents of each version. Unless you want to go and hide some stuff like narhiril did with her mod.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 03:20:03 pm »

I'll give this a try.

If possible, try to make a list with the contents of each version. Unless you want to go and hide some stuff like narhiril did with her mod.
There is a .txt file when you open the folder that contains the changes for that version, and when the next comes out the previous version(s)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 12:34:24 pm »

I have just finished the Night Goblin civ, and entity files as well as any items related to them. I am now moving to the Rat-kin civ, and entity files.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2011, 06:09:49 pm »

Well the update has been moved back a bit as I have decided to go ahead, and jump to V 0.2 for the next release.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 08:14:30 pm »

It looks great! Once I start playing Dwarf Fortress again, I'll give it a run. Good luck with it! :P.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.
Pages: [1] 2