Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 85

Author Topic: Stratis Imperia: Because you want to manage a province in the Sahara  (Read 50012 times)

lastverb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stratis Imperia: Because you want to manage a province in the Sahara
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 08:20:43 am »

Started in China as Benjing.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 08:24:28 am »

My main issue with the game is that it's kinda encouraging everbody to be mini-nations in each province which is horribly inefficient. If you're the county magistrate or whatever of say, rural Kansas...you should be growing food, food, food, food and a side of food. Hangzhou has no capacity for mining, and lots of jungle and savannah. I should be all about the wood and horses and cotton and nothing else. But without an outside supply of cement from Day 1, that's not feasible.

In the end, it's just a typical browser strategy game with a WWII setting slapped on it, and automatic clan-making based on the "country" you're in.  :-\

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 10:12:07 am »

I've looked around, no semblance of player to player trade, you only see the country leaders and not anyone else in the leader thing.  Is there even a common kingdom chat/forum?  Communication = Working together. 

The starting area I picked was really bad on agriculture and only a few of everything else, but lots of jungles and savannah.  Plus, it was in the middle of china, where it'll end up being a 1 player city building game I think...  I deleted, might register again on the Chinese coast.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 11:31:13 am »

My main issue with the game is that it's kinda encouraging everbody to be mini-nations in each province which is horribly inefficient. If you're the county magistrate or whatever of say, rural Kansas...you should be growing food, food, food, food and a side of food. Hangzhou has no capacity for mining, and lots of jungle and savannah. I should be all about the wood and horses and cotton and nothing else. But without an outside supply of cement from Day 1, that's not feasible.

In the end, it's just a typical browser strategy game with a WWII setting slapped on it, and automatic clan-making based on the "country" you're in.  :-\
Mines and oil wells are oddly non-reliant on the terrain so you can mine anything anywhere, it's rubber, cotton, farms, wood, and cement that gets terrain bonuses.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 12:03:06 pm »

Joining China as Zhangjiakou

This may be relevant to the mention of transporting goods?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 12:05:55 pm by Demonic Spoon »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 12:46:52 pm »

I started in Saudi Arabia, in the province apparently named 6798. I selected China, and recieved desert. Oh well, I'll go along with this.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 12:59:30 pm »

Started in Northam, and possibly the only person on australia :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 02:06:19 pm »

Am i the only one who went for Great britain ?

What I cant seem to work out is how you contact any commanders ? i need to know what needs producing for the greater good.

Rule Britania !

Whats also odd is it has my puny RL home town ( beverley ) in a place where there should be a massivly important docks lol (Hull)
apart from London Hull was one of the worst bombed citys in England reports suggest 85% of all buildings within the boundry was damaged or destroyed so no idea why it does not exist in this game, however this was covered up during the war by the government so maybe thats why it has been overlooked.

Britain ftw!

I just started as Eastbourne the other day. Hopefully we can attract some more Bay12ers to the isles and get some communication up and running!

Not sure what to specialize in yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2011, 02:09:59 pm »

By the way, if anyone wants a few good starting spots, canberra and cooma are nicely balanced.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2011, 02:23:50 pm »

Am i the only one who went for Great britain ?

What I cant seem to work out is how you contact any commanders ? i need to know what needs producing for the greater good.

Rule Britania !

Whats also odd is it has my puny RL home town ( beverley ) in a place where there should be a massivly important docks lol (Hull)
apart from London Hull was one of the worst bombed citys in England reports suggest 85% of all buildings within the boundry was damaged or destroyed so no idea why it does not exist in this game, however this was covered up during the war by the government so maybe thats why it has been overlooked.

hello neighborino ;)

ps: i'm Greetwell
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 08:05:06 pm by ardesh »

Savoyard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2011, 03:49:14 pm »

I've looked around, no semblance of player to player trade
Yes, there is. That's what you need roads, rails, trucks, air bases, and the like for.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2011, 04:03:41 pm »

So I rolled in the United States as New York... is there a way to take control of surrounding provinces since there is like noone else in America?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2011, 04:37:09 pm »

Well, I got on today and blew through all the resources that built up since yesterday and managed to triple my resource income up to 3.9k lumber and concrete per hour.

Now I have 20 of each lumber and concrete producing buildings, which is eating up a big portion of my 75 max tiles. Guess I'll be a big construction material supplier though.

The way the buildings go up to level 100 is kinda nuts though. I guess its there to prevent people from maxing out their provinces, but it seems like it gives way too big of an advantage to people who have played a long time. For example, a level 100 building would take at least 235 days to build, assuming you had the materials on hand and were logging on and giving the build order as soon as the one before it finished. And someone that actually had some of these is getting 156,000 material per hour per building.

A year down the road people who have been playing the whole time will be producing vast amounts of resources, to the point that a new player's input will amount to practically nothing in comparison.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 06:33:50 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2011, 06:15:28 pm »

Started as Rencheng in China. Seems interesting.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 10:27:52 am »

started as Ake in China, spent far to much on mines and now i need lot of wood and concrete.
i missed that building had levels :-[
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 85