Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tundra  (Read 4675 times)

Urist McKoga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tundra
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 07:06:34 pm »

Ya, my doctors managed to save both before dehydration, and i get my first crutch-walker. Traction bench is to heal how kind of wound?

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 12:47:42 pm »

Nice :) I've seen traction benches requested and used only for complex fractures.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 02:04:15 pm »

Nice :) I've seen traction benches requested and used only for complex fractures.

Yeah, a traction bench is somewhat like the machine that holds your legs and arms in place if you break loads of bones. There is a bug with it though, sometimes if the dwarf has healed he will still be stuck in it so you will have to pick it apart to free him. Usually the dwarves dont make it if they are so broken though.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 07:01:19 pm »

And sometimes they're just that slow to heal. Check the dwarf's health before unbuilding the traction bench.

So long as a dwarf is soaped soon after being wounded, they're unlikely to succumb to infection if they've already survived long enough to be brought to hospital. Having a well handy for preventative cleaning may also reduce infection rates. Dwarves have background levels of dirtiness and infection can set in really quickly sometimes (ie. less than a week after being injured). This might be because of a lack of Clean Self jobs triggered by walking over piles or pools of stuff, but I'm not sure how to go about testing this.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]