Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll To Rule Middle Earth. Signups closed, you may sign up for replacement.  (Read 6313 times)

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile

After much thought, I have decided to start a LOTR roll to dodge. All turns will be made every 2 days, with non-posters being sent a message after the first day. That being said, lets get right to it!
Any questions directed towards me should have my name bolded.

INTRO:

Sauron's minions are charging through Middle Earth, on the mission of destroying Minas Tirith. The men of Gondor have called for the Rohirrim to send reinforcements, but they have yet to respond. The dwarves of Erebor, and the Elves of Mirkwood are ferociously defending their homelands, and the eye stares and sees everything.

Character bio:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character List:
Elves, Dwarves and Humans:
1. Dave1004 (Griskal)
2. Kilakan (Khan)
3. Dwarmin (Hjalma Koivu)
4. Micelus (Hamin Dukkoth)
5. Elfeater (Skorgrim "Stone")
6. SeriousConcentrate (Maethor Galoneth)
Sauron and Isengard
1. Dsarker (Faultrng)
2. Monk12 (Grishnak)
3. IronyOwl (Sharai)
4. Yoink (Yribdig)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:31:55 am by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Rule Middle Earth.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 06:45:42 pm »

Name: Griskal
Race: Elven
Items: Twin Steel Scimitars
Attributes: (Are there any downsides to having a low stat? Should it all be balanced out? Is 0 or 1 the default?)

Strength: 2
Knowledge: 1
Agility: 3
Toughness: 2
Recuperation.: 2

Bio: Griskal grew up in a human village, with his elven mother and human father. Since the day he could walk he's been forced to train with weapons unfamiliar to his kind, known simply as "Scimitars." This far-eastern weapon allowed him to learn a unique style of fighting, which aided his village plenty. Eventually some generic hero stuff happened, and his mother and father died, evil orcs came and burned the village and he miraculously survived. He now has a deep-set hatred of anything related to Mordor. He's extremely proficient in dual-wielding weapons, relying more on speed and agility than brute strength.

Special power: Griskal can use his innate Elven abilities to either forge magical objects and equipment, or fuse together anything magical to create something better. Example: Fusing an Amulet of Archer with a Ring of Moondust will create something like an Amulet of Moon Rangers.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:42:00 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 06:46:40 pm »

IN if I can be Eru.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 06:47:24 pm »

Name: Khan
Race: Human
Items: Two-handed Longsword,  Chainmail armor.
Attributes: (Distribute 10 points to:

Strength-3
Knowledge-1
Agility-2
Toughness-2
Recuperation-2

Bio:  Khan was a simple farmer, and as the minions of Sauron began swarming forth from red mountain, he took to the war.  Taking up his great-grandfathers sword and armor, and his heart set on saving his family back at home, Khan joined the armies to march to the defense of Middle Earth.  The old longsword that he had kept clean since he was but a boy has held a special place for him, never knowing his great-grandfather it was a simple reminder of his family.  The blade was inscribed with the families names and every time a new child was born the name was etched in, so that the sword is patterned with an entire family tree.
Special power:  Heroic Blood-When outnumbered, and fighting, gains a combat bonus equivalent to the amount he is outnumbered and how few allies are left alive.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 06:59:37 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 06:47:40 pm »

Name: Hjalma Koivu
Race: Human (Lossoth)
Items:
1. Whalebone Harpoon/  Crafted from the ocean creatures that provide the Lossoth their main source of sustenance, the Whalebone harpoon cannot be called a spear in any sense of the word-it is massive, and designed to be thrown with enough force to punch through a whales thick blubber, muscle and gristle-and cause them grievious bleeding wounds. It is a weapon that is easily adapted to war-especially against Saurons Trollish forces, who have come to fear the slow agony that comes from the sting of the Lossoth in the dead of winter...

What worth can chill stone and dead metal be to any? They can provide a man with neither food nor warmth...

2. Lossoth Fur Armor/ This common Lossoth garb is composed of a variety of heavy pelts, gathered from the bounty of the frozen North...it can still turn aside blade and arrow shaft with ease, and it is comfortable and protects the wearer against foulness of all sorts-both natural, and supernatural.

They know the snows but they are as simple as children in so many ways...

Attributes:
Strength        2
Knowledge      1
Agility            1
Toughness      3
Recuperation.  3

...For in summer his power wanes; but now his breath is deadly, and his cold arm is long...

Bio: Hjalma Koivu was a Lossoth hunter, living in the frosted tranquility of his homeland in the Far North-secluded, for the most part, from the wars and troubles of the South. Sauron's emissaries often visited-offering gold, metal and the blood of the South, for past crimes against them...but, unlike some people of Middle Earth, they did not heed the black speech, and cast his messengers back-impaled on harpoons more often then not. So, therein was sown Saurons anger toward them, and ever after would he seek to break their stubborn will through fear and force of arms.

Before, Sauron's forces did not often brave the wastes, when there was richer pickings to be found elsewhere...and yet, as if he could stand the thought of leaving any of those who resisted him unmolested, even the smallest and weakest, His forces mustered every eve of Winter to assault the North-and every year the assualts got larger and more ferocious-and every year, more brave young Lossoth men and women perished to keep the Orcs, Trolls and Swarthy men from desecrating their beloved homeland. They found no respite-for, the Necromancer often was fond of using his magics to blacken the sky with horrible storms, battering their humble homes and tiny ships, delighting in their fear and inability to retalitate. The hardy men of the Lossoth shouldered the burden, and rebuilt all that he destroyed, while cursing the Necromancers name and shaking their fists at the sky.

A certain fear had crept through the Lossoth people, as the Enemies power grew-for, they are children of the frozen wastes, sundered from their Human kin in all ways. No one could be called upon to help them in these dire times-not Man, nor Elf kin, nor Dwarf Brother.

A prophecy of dire portent was fortold. 'I smell death on the Wind. The Lossoth people will not survive the next five summers. We shall be driven down, beaten, cowed. Unless...the One...we need...his name...Hjalma Koivu. He will die, resisting the enemy. And his death will be the salvation of our people. Send him South. Hurry.'

It was into this conflict, that young man named Hjalma was thrust. He did not question any this fate-merely shouldered his harpoon and armor and began walking South, not bothering to even say goodbye. For, he is already dead. His family has held his funerary rites, and he shall not return in his life. But, he has vowed to not go down without a fight.

Special power: Heroic Endurance/ As a proud Lossoth, Hjalma can withstand hardship and injury that would slay the hardiest Southern man on his feet.

...a great storm of wind arose, and came with blinding snow out of the North...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:39:58 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 06:48:12 pm »

Name: Hamin Dukkoth
Race: Dwarf
Items: Tome of Wisdom- The tome of wisdom contains many arguments and reasons for certain customs and laws all over the world, how they work, their origin, and how they have affected history. It also contains thousands of verses and words that could be considered far-sighted or even wise. This book aids in history, persuasion, and knowledge.

Mace of the Dwarf Kings- This mace is thought to originate from a dwarven king many millenniums ago. There are not tales of his rule or his end, but the mace itself shows the telltale signs of royalty. The mythril make, the engraved imagery, and the runes. It's mostly ornamental however, not fit for extended battle. Useful for rallying dwarves though.

Strength:2
Knowledge: 4
Agility:1
Toughness:1
Recuperation:2

Bio: Hamin was the son of nobility...Somewhat. The house of Dukkoth had come to have an ill reputation after Hamin's grandfather had betrayed his land to the goblin filth, and for that, he was killed and his house exiled to the farthest east. Hamin was raised there, away from his homelands. For perhaps 100 years, he lived there as a warrior, selling his services to those who needed some muscle. One day however, he found an old dwarven ruin. Within he found a tome of ancient times and learned old wisdoms...And power. The tome even lead him to a mace held by a dwarven king of ages past. Now he has returned to Middle-Earth, wanting to see the world and learn of it.
Special power: Words of Wisdom allows Hamin to convince most creatures of Middle-Earth to see the merits of his arguments.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:42:17 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 06:53:16 pm »

Name: Faultrng
Race: Uruk-Hai
Items: Uruk-Hai Armour, Uruk-Hai two handed sword.

Strength 3
Knowledge 1
Agility 2
Toughness 2
Recuperation 2

Bio: HE IS A MEMBER OF THE FIGHTING URUK HAI. THAT MEANS HE HAS TO SHOUT IT ALL THE TIME.
Special Powers: Can eat man, elf, dwarf, and hobbitflesh. Can go outside in the daytime.

Oh, and he can also go berserk, doubling his strength and ignoring his wounds for rounds equal to his toughness x2. After that he has to recuperate for toughness /1 rounds.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:14:40 pm by Dsarker »
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 07:08:16 pm »

Reserved

Name:Skorgrim "Stone"
Race: Dwarf
Items: Two handed Axe and Heavy steel chain mail.

Attributes:
Strength:3
Knowledge:2
Agility:1
Toughness:2
Recuperation:2

Bio: Skorgrim was a dwarven warrior, that was that. A bastard of a noblemen, he had no last name, but most called him Skorgrim Stone. A bastards name. But he was a good warrior. He rose in the ranks, taking command of ten dwarfs. They were far into the mines, protecting a group of prospectors when the goblins hit. Tons of them. They came and came, no matter how many they killed. The prospectors fled, and he was relieved of his command when only him and his best friend survived.

Power: Skorgrim "hates orcs" he gets a bonus to fighting them and creatures like them.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 07:33:24 pm by Elfeater »
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 07:41:18 pm »

My sheet is done. Go go tanky polar guy.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 07:49:22 pm »

My sheet is done. Go go tanky polar guy.

You just HAD to make your character sooo much better than ours, huh?

Hah, kidding. Kickass character you got there!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 07:54:20 pm »

Not really intere-
Character List:
Sauron and Isengard
Well when you put it that wa-
1. Whalebone Harpoon/  Crafted from the ocean creatures that provide the Lossoth their main source of sustenance, the Whalebone harpoon cannot be called a spear in any sense of the word-it is massive, and designed to be thrown with enough force to punch through a whales thick blubber, muscle and gristle-and cause them grievious bleeding wounds. It is a weapon that is easily adapted to war-especially against Saurons Trollish forces, who have come to fear the slow agony that comes from the sting of the Lossoth in the dead of winter...
Aaaaaand now I'm not so sure. Not that I'd intended to make a troll in the first place, but still.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 08:00:28 pm »

Step 1: Sign up as Gollum.
Step 2: It's our... preciousss
Step 3: ??
Step 4: Profit
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 08:03:42 pm »

IronyOwl, come join the Isengarders. We have Uruks aplenty!
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 10:12:05 pm »

This is relevant to my INterests. Think I'll join Isengard- For the Evulz!

Name: Grishnak
Items: Uruk-Hai Armor, Uruk-Hai Longbow
Attributes:

Strength- 2
Knowledge- 2
Agility- 3
Toughness- 2
Recuperation- 1

Bio: Grishnak is one of Saruman the White's elite Uruk-Hai. He serves as a scout and specializes in ranged combat.

Special power: Deadeye- Grishnak is an expert with the Uruk-Hai Longbow, and receives a bonus to attack/damage

On the one hand, sad boring little bio. On the other hand, I'd rather become awesome than start awesome. Though troll was mighty tempting.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:13:18 pm by monk12 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 11:27:33 pm »

Name: Sharai
Items:
Black Blade: This curved, serrated blade is made of some foul black metal, with an elfbone hilt and a manhide wrap, to say nothing of the scabbard. It's rumored to be or seep some sort of poison or disease, though it's not hard to imagine it being fearsome or leaving infected wounds without.
Shield of Screams: This black, circular shield has an oddly shaped, irregular rim. Combined with the patterns on the front, looking vaguely like small bones radiating from the center, it's easy to see why some think it was made of bones and skin, rather than the black metal it's actually composed of.
Attributes:

Strength 2
Knowledge 2
Agility 2
Toughness 2
Recuperation 2

Bio: A cunning and sadistic Uruk-Hai who has spent time at both Saruman's tower and Sauron's fortress.
Special power: Regeneration. Sharai can regenerate wounds at an alarming rate.

SMARTEST URUK-HAI MEATSHIELD EVER.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7