Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll To Rule Middle Earth. Signups closed, you may sign up for replacement.  (Read 6314 times)

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Rule Middle Earth.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 12:27:16 am »

((hoping there's still room on team evil))
Name: Krator Foul tongue
Race: Hobbit
Items: A long spindly dagger, enchanted by Saruman to bring about the downfall of those who have felt it's sting, whether it be on the battlefield or later in there lives.

A worn book covering the histories of middle earth and many of the secrets of the land itself.
Attributes:

Strength:1
Knowledge:3
Agility:3
Toughness:1
Recuperation.:2

Bio: A once famous historian, Krator became fascinated by the stories of old about the Dark Lord Sauron. After uncovering bilbo's secret to longevity Krator set off on his own to help the Dark Lord regain control of Middle Earth 

Special power: as any decent historian should, Krator knows the inner workings of all the castles in the land and is able to exploit any weaknesses they may have.

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 01:06:54 am »

Name:Aleister
Race:Uruk-hai
Items: Envenomed Cleaver,Warg-hide cuirass
Attributes:

Strength:3
Knowledge:1
Agility:2
Toughness:3
Recuperation:1

Bio:
Special power: Blinding rage[ Aleister can fly into a blinding rage, ignoring all bleeding/damage based penalties for a single turn.]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:48:49 am by Grimmjow6th »
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 04:07:46 am »

Noodlerex and grimjaw, I'm afraid that I'm only accepting Humans Dwarves and Elves for good, and Uruk, Trolls and goblins for evil. Please review your posts.

The default for stats is 0. The stats will affect your ability to do magic and fight.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 04:34:18 am »

Aw. :(
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 04:51:59 am »

Name: Yribdig
Race: Snaga (Goblin)
Items: Stabber, (a crude, jagged dagger) rusty iron pot. (Used as helmet)
Attributes: (Distribute 10 points to:

Strength-1
Knowledge-4
Agility-3
Toughness-1
Recuperation-1

Bio: Yribdig, a pathetic runt amongst his orcish tribe who roamed somewhere in Mirkwood, decided early on that he was destined for great things. He also decided, that the best way to survive long enough to get these greater things was to get someone larger, stronger and more expendable to fight his battles for him. Yribdig, in order to survive, developed a survivor's cunning rather rapidly, using it, along with his nimble goblin form, to somehow remain in the ranks of the army, gathering his own personal pile of loot along the way.

Special power: 'You help Yribdig, Yribdig help you!' Gives a bonus to attempts to convince or manipulate others.

(Hope I did that right! :D I also hope there's still room... Otherwise, waitlist me! You had me at the 'uruks and goblins' bit.)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 04:53:41 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 04:53:35 am »

Name: Yribdig
Race: Snaga (Goblin)
Items: Stabber, (a crude, jagged dagger) rusty iron pot. (Used as helmet)

Strength-1
Knowledge-4
Agility-3
Toughness-1
Recuperation-1

Bio: Yribdig, a pathetic runt amongst his orcish tribe who roamed somewhere in Mirkwood, decided early on that he was destined for great things. He also decided, that the best way to survive long enough to get these greater things was to get someone larger, stronger and more expendable to fight his battles for him. Yribdig, in order to survive, developed a survivor's cunning rather rapidly, using it, along with his nimble goblin form, to somehow remain in the ranks of the army, gathering his own personal pile of loot along the way.
Special power: 'You help Yribdig, Yribdig help you!' Gives a bonus to attempts to convince or manipulate others.

No flaws with this. Evil is now full. Eagerly awaiting the last good person to sign up.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 05:09:59 am »

SerCon, RTD forum lurker, here to answer the call of a GM who wants to get started. Character soon.

Name: Maethor Galoneth
Race: Human
Items: Broadsword, Large Steel Round Shield

Strength: 2.
Knowledge: 1.
Agility: 2.
Toughness: 3.
Recuperation: 2.

Bio: A soldier of Minas Tirith. He's been in battle before, but his unit was recently routed and he is one of the four survivors... and he is eager to claim vengeance.
Special power: Shieldbearer - Maethor is extremely skilled with his shield and can protect not only himself but others he is near.

Blah, not the best bio but it's 4:00 AM. ^^^; Hopefully it's sufficient.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:23:01 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 05:30:45 am »

IT IS! HELLO PEOPLE! THIS IS THE TIME TO START THE WAR OF MIDDLE EARTH! THE WAR, THAT WILL DECIDE THE FATES OF EVERYONE HERE!

Grimmjow6th

• Bay Watcher
  • Silently i watch, Eternal guardian of light.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Rule Middle Earth. Signups closed, you may sign up for replacement.
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 05:49:35 am »

*grumble grumble* my computer choose now to get a super virus that took ages to fix >_>
I don't care who they are, if they show even a bit of weakness, just kill them all.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 05:50:33 am »

lol, you're so unlucky. You may sign up for replacement though.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 06:01:14 am »

And thus, the ten great heroes joined the war for Middle Earth.

Griskal stepped outside from his hut. The sunlight shone around him, and the trees stood tall and mighty. Today, the Rivendell Elves will ride out to the aid of its Human and Dwarven allies. They will ride to both Minas Tirith and Erebor. What will you do?

Khan left the barracks, his sword hefted beside him. Osgilliath’s fine walls reflected the sunlight in his eyes. The attack from Mordor will come in 3 days. What do you do?
A pigeon landed on Hjama’s shoulder. In its claws, it carried a message saying, “All hope is not lost for you, my friend. You must find the bearer of the ring that was entrusted to us so many years back. His name is Aragorn. Should you find him, he will release you from your curse to die.”

Hamin was met by the Men of Dale a few days after he found the mace. They brought him back to the lonely mountain, and put him in charge of a unit of Guardians. He would be marching to Mirkwood, they said, to help their ‘Elven Brethren’ fight Sauron’s minions.

Faultrng marched with the rest of his Uruk-Hai brothers. They were going to invade Rohan, the white wizard said, and they were thirsty for blood. BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, they chanted.

Skorgrim Stone led his axedwarves through the forest. As the first unit of reinforcements to the Elves, they had chosen him, a nobledwarf’s bastard son, to lead their unit. As he chatted idly with his best friend, a silverthorn arrow sailed through the woods, landing right beside his head, followed by a quickly shouted apology.

Grishnak walked next to Faultrng. He was the commander of the left Uruk-Hai brothers, an unofficial position bestowed by the men. As one of Saruman’s elite, he was given an enchanted crossbow, which he regularly used to bash heads in with.

Sharai was a fighter. He had been granted a menacing serrated sword a few days past, and was in a jolly mood. Well, at least as jolly as an Uruk-Hai could be. As a Uruk with the rare ability to regenerate wounds extremely quickly, he was put in the vanguard.

Yribdig had just finished making a deal with another goblin. A little rusted iron cleaver, for just a hat. How stupid, he thought. Running along with the rest of the goblin host, he move to attack Mirkwood; the only defense Erebor had from them.

Maethor watched the guard practice from the hill of the White Tree. A long training and sparring session from beforehand left his limbs aching. They were the last defense for Gondor. Should Osgilliath fall, they would be the very last men to fight for the lost kings.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 06:15:32 am »

Maethor watched the men train from his place in the shadows. ...No, no! Don't you know anything? Always keep your shield up! Your shield must be stronger than your sword. If one shield falls, the entire line fails!... His old captain's words were true... but he didn't feel particularly happy that the man had been vindicated, or proud that it had not been he that failed that day a month ago. The commoners of Minas Tirith avoided the four survivors. The other soldiers whispered rumors about them; said they were something more than men, or that they had returned from their mission changed somehow. The eyes of the three that had stood beside him were certainly harder and brighter than before, burning with the intensity of survivor's guilt and a need for justice.

He did not doubt his own eyes blazed with the same fire.

He could sense the unease of the pair he was observing. Young, raw recruits, the both of them, just flailing at each other with their wooden weapons and trying desperately to keep their shields between their heads and their opponent's weapon. Barely even men yet, he noted as he finally stood and walked away. He was hardly an old man himself, but he was already a veteran. He had served at Osgilliath for five years, had been a soldier for a further three, and he had yet to see his thirtieth summer... but he felt older. Some of the old generals said that would happen. The constant fight for survival jaded a man prematurely, they said. Take pleasure in the small things, they said. What little pleasure is to be had these dark days, Maethor thought as he went to the armory to gather his weapon and shield and see if they had repaired his armor yet.

Go to the armory and get a suit of armor; preferably light plate with a Gondor surcoat, but if unavailable then hopefully reinforced leather with a Gondor surcoat over it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 06:18:05 am »

Order the uruks to speed up. Quicker to kill, quicker to taste manflesh again.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 06:24:15 am »

Brethren? From what he had scrounged up from his readings, the elves and dwarves were nearly total opposites. But, even enemies must put aside such things when facing Evil...But first he wanted to know something.

Ask my "friends" about what we can expect to face and what tactical advice they can give me. Journey to Mirkwood with caution.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 07:26:47 am »

Spend the first day attempting to acquire a helmet, armored boots/gloves and if possible field medicine.  Attempt to meet who would be the squad leaders of the defence as well.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7