Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Roll To Rule Middle Earth. Signups closed, you may sign up for replacement.  (Read 6315 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Rule Middle Earth. Signups closed, you may sign up for replacement.
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 07:56:43 am »

Hjama watched the pigeon fly back North-home. One he would, in all liklihood, never see again. The omens were never wrong...and if they were, then what? His Death-his peoples salvation, was what the old shaman had said. A fair trade.

He had spent much of his time walking alone, as the most loyal of friends and companions who accompanied him on the first stage of his death quest had, one by one, dropped away. Last of all, his wife-they had spent a final happy night together, and when he awoke, she was gone without a trace, as was her way. It was better that way.

Travelling down South was no less perilous-the mountains were difficult to pass, and he had already dodged more than one patrol of gangrel, slinking Orcs some called 'Goblins'.

He paused for a moment, taking the last few drops of apple wine from his wineskin. He let the taste linger as long as he could...It was a special recipe, brewed by his mother, after all-and he would never see her, nor taste anything but a poor mockery of it, ever again.

Ahh, but a Lossoth does not dwell on these things, he reminded himself. Hjama pulled out his map.

The largest Human settlement he could see was a town called 'Bree'-though, it was still quite far. Seemed as good a place as any to start his search, and he would no doubt find smaller settlements along the way. How they reacted to a stranger like him though...well, he thought he should be careful.

Action: Hjama begins making his way South to Breeland
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 11:05:46 am »

I'll, er, head to Minis Tirith, in hopes of aiding whoever I can. And, hopefully pick up something nice along the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hah, edited my fail...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 03:11:28 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 01:16:46 pm »

Rohan will burn! We shall taste man-flesh this day!

Take a handful of the fastest, most competent Uruk-Hai ahead of the main army to destroy enemy scouts and watchtowers. There must be no warning of our coming.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 01:43:11 pm »

We shall taste man-flesh this day!
Ew. Do you even know how human flesh tastes? Never mind that they have a flesh/bone ratio similar to chicken. Not worth the effort.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 02:06:49 pm »

We shall taste man-flesh this day!
Ew. Do you even know how human flesh tastes? Never mind that they have a flesh/bone ratio similar to chicken. Not worth the effort.

Rather like pork- er, Or So I Heard.

Besides, you eat the man-flesh you have, not the Hobbit you don't.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 02:12:19 pm »

"BLEEDING ELF!" He curses. He sighs, "Least you missed....  Alright, lead us ta where we need ta go."
He orders his men to follow the elf.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 03:58:13 pm »

"Sha, looks like we be doin' some guttin' before long, eh?" Yribdig grinned his yellow-fanged grin at his companions, watching to see which of them was the most enthusiastic. He had mixed feelings about being assigned to a troop of small, runtish orcs such as himself; on the one hand he was obviously not so much the runt of the litter as usual; on the other there were less strong, large orcs to stand infront of him in battle. Still, he'd make do...

Yribdig will get to know his companions, learning if any of them are particularly useful or good for anything, and find out about the group's commanders and such, sucking up to them as much as possible.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »

Inspire the rest of the vanguard. Delicious manflesh and wanton slaughter await!

Besides, you eat the man-flesh you have, not the Hobbit you don't.
Well said. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 04:13:17 am »

Looks like that's everyone. Turn will be coming out tomorrow, I'm giving you all 24 hours starting from now to review and edit your posts.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 05:30:01 am »

...why, is something wrong with them?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 05:47:26 am »

Nah, just the way he works, according to the first post.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 07:04:48 am »

Yeah, theres nothing wrong with them, I'm just giving you all a chance to change them if you want.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2011, 04:34:48 am »

Maethor heads to the armory and manages to find a hardened steel set of armor! (6)

Faultrng yells to his brothers-in-arms, and gets them to march doubletime! (5)

The men of Dale are unable to give him any tactical advice, but have told him they will be coming as archer support (3)

Khan finds a full iron set of armor, but no medicine (5) He then meets the captain of defense, and he gets told that they will be fighting simply to delay the goblin hordes.
Hjama heads to Bree, and along the way, finds a stray horse! (6 and 6, holy shit that’s good luck) Hjama’s movement speed is now doubled!

Griskal mounts his trusty steed, and departs Rivendell for Minas Tirith. He is told; however, that first they will be going to Rohan to support the Rohirrim against the Uruk-Hai. (4)

Grishnak leads a small contingent of warriors on a scouting mission, and is spotted by a rohirrim unit. Oops. The entire unit is obliterated by hails of arrows! (1) Grishnak escapes alive (4)

Skorgrim “Stone” follows the tree hugging hippie (6) and beholds the great beauty of Mirkwood. His brothers are stunned, and are directed to the elven command tree (5)

Yribdig tries to talk to his companions, but is only able to find out who the commanders of his unit are. When speaking with them, he is able to pickpocket a steel dagger from a rack. (2, then 6)

Sharai attempts to inspire bloodthirstiness in his unit, but fails epicly and finds them all staring at him. (1)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 04:43:05 am by ansontan2000 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2011, 04:42:16 am »

*cough* Well, nevermind that. Better focus on the battle ahead!

Divert attention from self to upcoming battle. Attempt to learn more about it from anyone who knows.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2011, 04:58:11 am »

Head to Mirkwood.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7