Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 46047 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]
« on: November 27, 2011, 07:18:51 pm »

Spoiler: Plot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Skills and System (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

More coming later, but I want this up in the meantime. If you have any specific questions or requests, let me know. I recommend making a mage, as they tend to be quite a bit more fun, but I do intend to try to accommodate warriors and such doing nifty things (disarming, throwing people off bridges, etc). Also note that you're probably more likely to die from your or someone else's spells backfiring than the work of an enemy.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:34:40 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Player List
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 07:19:23 pm »

Current Roster:
Spoiler: Drzkktizz Kothraze (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ochita the Scholar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Athara Opanine (click to show/hide)

Waiting List:
This could be you!

Spoiler: Graveyard (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 11:26:19 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [0/6]
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 07:19:52 pm »

Reserved for more stuff. Possibly graveyard, more likely currently known lore/locations.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 07:45:55 pm »

No way I'm missing ANOTHER one of these awesome magic based RTD's. :P

-DONE-

Name: Drzkktizz Kothraze

Caste: Male Mantis-man
Major: Venom Magic (Custom School: Stuns, DOTs, status effects instead of direct attack, needs GM approval)
Minor: Alchemy

Equipment:
Masterwork Alchemic Craftstools (+1 to alchemy)/ Drzkktizz carries a dizzying area of alchemic supplies and tools on his insectile body, in bags, jars, belts, bandoleers, and holsters.

Worker Caste Uniform/The standard grab of a Mantisman, the distinctive black and yellow striped vest and heavy leather barding covers his upper and lower body, more for modesty than anything. He wears a floppy rain hat on his scalp, with small holes cut for his attena.

Memento of the Hive/ A formless blob of holed wax to others-the only memory of home to Drzkktizz. It's only truly able to be perceived by Mantismen, and other insectkin that can communicate through soundwaves-only one of them can make the sound needed, and hear the beautiful subsonic symphony locked within.

Bio: Drazkktizz was a warrior sentinel for his home nest not long ago, defending it for as long as he could remember-never desiring anything more than to slay his enemies with noxious magics and concoctions, and rend their bodies for the Glory of the Hive. But, like many of his people have been afflicted with in these strange times of wild magic, he began to have...strange ideas. Indivualism. Heroism. Adventure...he was still enough of his former self to be able to choose self exile over the shame he might have brought to his clan. He now wanders, but he can hardly be called lost...

Personality wise, he is generally friendly, if completely emotionless at times. The insect hive mind is still strong within him, and he sometimes can do very disturbing things that put others at unease-and can only respond with an all too human shrug. He genuinely is clueless instead of malicious, though.

Physically, a mantis-man like Drzkktizz is more mantis, than man-which is to say, he has a lower body composed of six nimble and spindly legs, and an upper body with a pincer mouth, antenna and two humans like arms (though only three fingers), amd two clawed appendages that sprout from his shoulders. Note, the claws are not grown well in Drzkktizz's caste, though-they are deadly sharp, but are brittle, and can only be used for clumsy lunging attacks and wielding items, but not with much dexterity.

Tribe: Drzkktizz's tribe was a strictly segmented one-laborers, magicians, warriors, craftsbugs and Nobility strictly defined by hierarchy, determined by birth alone. He was born on the lowest end of the magicians caste, hardly higher than a common laborer-to say, magic user, but not one who was believed to be useful in anything but indirect combat and support of stronger units.

As such, he had many aquantinces, but few real friends...except for an underclass laborer named Takmirr, who was in as unsatisifed with his own existence as a miner as Drzkktizz was as a low mage. He made a certain memento for Drzkktizz before he left, to remind him of home.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:31:43 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 07:48:48 pm »

Reserved! SHEET IN PROGRESS!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:08:43 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 07:49:38 pm »

Woo-hoo! I'm in the RTD of that crazy Necromancer guy who split his soul into three pieces, and subsequently messed up and horribly mutated himself! Nothing can go wrong, I'm sure of it! (Thanks for letting me in!)

Name: Laz'ka, Wanderer
Caste: Male human.
Major: Necromancy
Minor: Short blades
Equipment: Amulet of Mah'Keesh (This magical amulet helps Laz'ka in the casting of Necromantic magic.)
Bio: Laz'ka was born at (Place), where he grew up living a generally normal life. His mother was a priest, who specialized in healing magic. One day when Laz'ka was exploring, he found a dead baby bird, and somehow willed it back to life. He showed it to his parents, but they were mortified, since the bird was now undead. He was banished from (place), forced to wander the world on his own.

Laz'Ka is tall, with a thin, wiry body. His skin is pale, and his eyes slightly sunken in.

Tribe: Laz'Ka never had any true friends, but he was accepted by a small group of rogue Necromancers, who refined his knowledge on the Dark Arts. Most of these people were killed by priests and paladins, but some still live out there. Notably the person that Laz'Ka was closest to was Mor'kul, a wizened Necromancer of no small powers. She was the one who had given Laz'Ka the Amulet of Mah'Keesh, to aid in his use of the Dark Arts. Laz'Ka is content with the fact that his "Comrades" are out there, and that he may one day run into them...For better or for worse.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:29:44 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 07:54:30 pm »

Making SHeet

edit: done
Spoiler: sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:15:03 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 07:59:27 pm »

Name: Alexandros Daedlos
Caste: Male, son of a human and a dark elf providing him with human and elvish qualities
Major: Necromancy (+2)
Minor: Archery (+1)
Equipment: Healing Pennant (a white crystal necklace that gives +1 to all healling)
Bio: Tall and thin with black hair. Alexanros is cold and quiet. His childhood was cut drastically short by his parents murder. A white crystal necklace was his last gift from his mother. He wondered for a time, thankful for the archery skills he was taught by his father. His life changed when he discovered one day that he could control the dead after he accidentally revived a rabbit he had killed. Now he travelers about the land performing tasks for whoever wishes it of him.
Tribe: Let me think a little while. It's late here
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 08:01:11 pm »

Put me on the waiting list.

Because its very late, and I won't have the opportunity to make a turn.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 08:02:48 pm »

That's only 5/6. You can go straight to the waitlist if you'd like, but there is room.

EDIT: Ah, alright.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:05:34 pm by IronyOwl »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 08:04:10 pm »

Name: Aether-Weaver Khan
Caste: Male Faerie (small child-like and devious creatures of magic, not the cute flying type, more of the eat your baby when you are outside type)
Major: Apprentice Conjuration
Minor: Novice Stealth
Equipment: Boots of the Faerie-These tiny doeskin boots let the wearer move and jump exceptionally fast and quietly.
Ragged clothing
Loose black cloak with hood.
Bio: Khan was born a faerie with heavy identity issues, he was never content with the simple mischief of the others, and sought to find what had brought them into the world and the magics that sustained them.  His practices often lead him into scorn with the other faerie who though it was wrong for him to not be mirthful and evil like the rest of them.  He slowly became bitter towards his own kin and wanderer farther and farther from the forest, looking for someone who might explain his existence.  He eventually took on the appearance of a small old man, working in the depths of libraries studying mans knowledge of his kind.  When he was approached with the offer of being a hero he scoffed at the thought of ever accomplishing something heroic, but the thought of this 'master' possibly knowing of his races origins he agreed.

Tribe: He hated his tribe, but their origins were deep in an ancient wood, devoid of humanoid.  The tribe called itself the Black-caps and delighted in plaguing and killing the children of all the people who lived in and near the forest, until it was eventually thought to be cursed.  Now they devote their time to changing animals into monsters through the user of other-worldly magic, content in the glee of which the terror their creations cause brings to them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:19:52 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Full! Waitlist Available]
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 08:25:00 pm »

Finished  :)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 08:25:18 pm »

Ah crap, this means I should get the intro started now, because the remaining two will be done soon.

Minor: Enchanting (Is that okay? I'm talking about enchanting objects, imbuing them with magical powers.)
This is fine. Note that permanent effects are much more difficult to achieve than temporary ones, and it'd be a fairly weak skill in combat.

Also I... see you've heard of me. :<

Equipment: Healing Pennant (a white crystal necklace that gives +1 to all healling)
This is too powerful as written; it should really be a fairly situational subset of something. I can tone it down (or add disadvantages) to something appropriate if you can't think of anything. It might also be possible to upgrade it later under certain circumstances.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 08:28:41 pm »

Ah crap, this means I should get the intro started now, because the remaining two will be done soon.

Minor: Enchanting (Is that okay? I'm talking about enchanting objects, imbuing them with magical powers.)
This is fine. Note that permanent effects are much more difficult to achieve than temporary ones, and it'd be a fairly weak skill in combat.

Also I... see you've heard of me. :<

Yes, yes I have. I've read nigh every RTD on this site! Your character on that Wasteland one (I know, I forgot the name, ugh...) and Pierre's on the Castlevania RTD's are my absolute favorites. Long live chaos!

We have:

A plain necromancer
A crazy, archaeological orc.
A magical furry.
Another necromancer.
A baby-eating faerie.
...Aaand of course, a crazy poisonous bug-dude. What a surprise!

This can't get any better. BWAHAHAHA!

Also, @Irony: I greatly look forwards to this RTD. May it live long, and bear many fruits! Er, replace "Fruits" with "Chaos", and "Many" with "Much", and...There's a good description.

Edit: I switched the Enchanting to a simple Short Blades. Thanks for the heads-up!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:31:02 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 08:30:17 pm »

This can't get any better. BWAHAHAHA!
I think it did when the mantis man walked in.
Nom nom nom
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 41