Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 46213 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Full! Waitlist Available]
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 08:38:20 pm »

Turn 0: Introductions

Glancing around at the assembled six, the man in teal robes began speaking.

"Well, it looks like everyone's here. I am Archmage Sorus, and I have called you all here on grave business.

What you see around you is now called Darkmoon Tower. It wasn't always so, but lately our magics have been compromised by unforseen factors. Our efforts to correct these imbalances and deficiencies have been insufficient.

Thus, we've decided to enlist adventurers in our efforts. That's you, of course. Each of you is a talented individual hand-selected by our agents, and you should prove more than capable of helping us correct these issues."

The archmage paused for a moment, as though considering something he was reluctant to mention.

"Additionally, there are quite a few tasks in need of a more skilled and adventurous hand that do not relate directly to our primary objective. I have specifically requested the tower staff to not approach you directly, and instead to channel all requests through me. So please do not discuss tasks with them, though you are more than welcome to converse with anyone you like.

In any case, I'm sure you have many questions, so I'd be happy to handle some of them now."

((You may talk freely, and the archmage will answer them when he can catch up. Official turn actions likely won't start until you're on your way, unless you'd like to interact extensively with the tower's inhabitants beforehand.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 08:44:49 pm »

Major: Venom Magic (Custom School: Stuns, DOTs, status effects instead of direct attack, needs GM approval)
Hm... if you're going to include stuns (which strike me as more "seizing up for a moment" than "paralyzed") it'd have to be a very aggressive venom type of school. That'd probably mean little to no utility or defensive things, with most debuffs probably being rather unpleasant and short-lived.

Masterwork Alchemic Craftstools (+1 to alchemy)/ Drzkktizz carries a dizzying area of alchemic supplies and tools on his insectile body, in bags, jars, belts, bandoleers, and holsters.
As with the pendant, a straight +1 to an entire skill is too much. You'll need to be much more specific.

Also, I laughed out loud when I read the part of your bio involving "rending intruders" because I read it as "rendering intruders," ie into an alchemical goo. Was that intentional?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 08:46:55 pm »

I think I'll waitlist after Ochita.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 08:47:39 pm »

"What exactly will we be doing? What dark force is arrayed against you"

She looks around at the strangers

"I think we should get to know eachother. My name is Maikah Moonfur, I am also called the Light of the Lost, after my fallen tribe"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 0: Introductions]
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 08:54:04 pm »

"Excuse me, Archmage? Yes, hello. My name is Laz'ka, and I am here on the behalf of no man, woman or mythical beast. I'd like it if you could provide me with something to do, as standing around and chatting here idly does not sit with me very well."

"I'm really good at cutting people, if that helps."

"Oh, and hello, Moonfur. What a pleasant name you have, indeed. May I ask how you earned it?"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:59:52 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 09:00:15 pm »

"Magic? Should have known. Ever heard of a sorcerer named Thallazan by any chance?"

After that question has been answered, Kemler asks: "Who built this tower? How old is it?"

"I think we should get to know eachother. My name is Maikah Moonfur, I am also called the Light of the Lost, after my fallen tribe"

Kemler turned towards her and responded, "Kemler Havestin, at your service. My people called me the Scholar of the Dead Peoples...Utag Yadaf it was. I study the ruins of the past and how people lived. Thus my title."
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:07:12 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 09:00:35 pm »

Why do I always have the worst luck with these. :'(

Add me to the waitlist

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 09:01:16 pm »

"My name is Khan, and I *giggles* ahem, and I would like to know exactly what manner of foe, be them made of magic, that you are facing?  Also if you have any, well let's call it less violent, tasks that need to be preformed I would be happy to help."
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 09:02:53 pm »

Drzkktizz spoke up first-in a reedy, inhuman buzz that could hurt the ears when he tried to speak (His S's and Z's tend to waver between each other annoyingly, and he takes uncomfortably long pauses between some words and phrases), but he was not hard to understand otherwise.

' I am...hon-or-ed to meet a-you, Arc-a-mage Szorus. Blessingzs on your hiveclan, from mine own. '

The bugman tipped his hat politely, chittering his pincers together.

'Like, the otherzs szay...Why exact-aly have a-you gathered us, and we, all to this place as on? Under cover...of night, and....szecrecy?

Forgive us, Kothraze's if he szeems...impolite to your cusztoms. We-us all have szurely...faced dangerzs, but none so great to make fear, corr-ect?'

The bug tapped his furthest rear left foot as he finished, in an odd gesture of exclamation.

The bugman turned to Maikah

"I am...Drzkktizz Kothraze, born to szerve...but...szundered from my hive-clan, I szerve no-one now.

The one and ma-ny, greet you...Maikah, Kin of Moonfur...well met, are we?"

You get the idea the last phrase was framed into a tentative question.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:05:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 09:11:09 pm »

The one and ma-ny, greet you...Maikah, Kin of Moonfur...well met, are we?"[/color]

You get the idea the last phrase was framed into a tentative question.

"It is good to meet you"

"Oh, and hello, Moonfur. What a pleasant name you have, indeed. May I ask how you earned it?"

"I earned my second name from the colour and patterning of my fur, my title i gave to myself, as I can use the pwer of light, and the tribe I was to use it for is destroyed, lost to the ages"
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »

Major: Venom Magic (Custom School: Stuns, DOTs, status effects instead of direct attack, needs GM approval)
Hm... if you're going to include stuns (which strike me as more "seizing up for a moment" than "paralyzed") it'd have to be a very aggressive venom type of school. That'd probably mean little to no utility or defensive things, with most debuffs probably being rather unpleasant and short-lived.

Masterwork Alchemic Craftstools (+1 to alchemy)/ Drzkktizz carries a dizzying area of alchemic supplies and tools on his insectile body, in bags, jars, belts, bandoleers, and holsters.
As with the pendant, a straight +1 to an entire skill is too much. You'll need to be much more specific.

Also, I laughed out loud when I read the part of your bio involving "rending intruders" because I read it as "rendering intruders," ie into an alchemical goo. Was that intentional?

(( Hmm, I'd give up sztunning ability for utility and defense. I'd like for it to tie into my alchemy szomeway...

All right, for my item, can it be to +1 to Organic Alchemy? Like, no metalzs, dead things, no inorganic szubsztances etc.

Hmm, it could be read either way, but I meant for it to be 'rendering'. Like I mentioned in my bio, Drzkktizz does szome unszavory things he'sz a he doesnz't know are looked down upon.

Szzzssz. :P ))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 09:16:46 pm »

"I earned my second name from the colour and patterning of my fur, my title i gave to myself, as I can use the pwer of light, and the tribe I was to use it for is destroyed, lost to the ages"

"How very intriguing! I've never seen somebody who can harness light, so...I hope that we can get along on any potential future endeavors. This shall most certainly prove to be very rewarding, if in a more "Knowledgeable" way.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 09:18:47 pm »

The archmage coughs lightly. "The exact ramifications are somewhat difficult to explain, but suffice to say it is more of a collection of forces than a faction that is causing us so much trouble. However, there are no shortage of hostile creatures preventing us from solving aforementioned issues, so I'm sure you'll be called on for all manner of hostile threats.

More specifically, you'll be tasked with creating six elemental gems from a collection of individuals which exemplifies said element. This may be a rather difficult process, as you'll need to locate them foremost, and then ensure that they express the element in question satisfactorily. I'll go into this process in some more detail later."

"Excuse me, Archmage? Yes, hello. My name is Laz'ka, and I am here on the behalf of no man, woman or mythical beast. I'd like it if you could provide me with something to do, as standing around and chatting here idly does not sit with me very well."

"I'm really good at cutting people, if that helps."
"Ah, yes. As soon as you and your companions have been briefed, we can get you started on something. We're quite eager to begin as well, despite some... difficulties we may be having internally. I'm sure they'll be resolved quite swiftly."

He glanced over his shoulder briefly, then turned back to the group.

"Yes, well. I suppose I might as well explain the process now. No sense waiting on the details...

*Ahem*. We require a magical gemstone created from the essence of an element. We'll be giving you some equipment to do just that, but you'll still need to do quite a bit of work yourself.

More specifically, the essence we require comes from, as I've said, groups that exemplify it. This equipment will allow you to absorb that essence, and once you have enough, form the actual gem.

However, simply walking up to them won't suffice; you'll need to encourage them to express the element to get any reasonable energy out of it. Convincing the entire tribe to do so, especially as one significant act, would be even better.

As for how exactly one... 'exemplifies' an element... well, that depends on the element in question. We're still waiting on a final decision as to what that is..."

The archmage looked over his shoulder again.

"Magic? Should have known. Ever heard of a sorcerer named Thallazan by any chance?"

After that question has been answered, Kemler asks: "Who built this tower? How old is it?"
"Ah... no, not that I know of. The tower is... relatively new. Our order built it, of course."

"My name is Khan, and I *giggles* ahem, and I would like to know exactly what manner of foe, be them made of magic, that you are facing?  Also if you have any, well let's call it less violent, tasks that need to be preformed I would be happy to help."
"Good, good. I'm sure there will be plenty of tasks with a more gentle bent to them."

"As for exactly what foes we face... well, that depends on your first task."

' I am...hon-or-ed to meet a-you, Arc-a-mage Szorus. Blessingzs on your hiveclan, from mine own. '

The bugman tipped his hat politely, chittering his pincers together.
The archmage smiled politely, brow slightly furrowed. He didn't seem completely comfortable with the bug-man, but it obviously wasn't much of an issue. "Thank you."

'Like, the otherzs szay...Why exact-aly have a-you gathered us, and we, all to this place as on? Under cover...of night, and....szecrecy?

Forgive us, Kothraze's if he szeems...impolite to your cusztoms. We-us all have szurely...faced dangerzs, but none so great to make fear, corr-ect?'

The bug tapped his furthest rear left foot as he finished, in an odd gesture of exclamation.
"Ah... *ahem*, the, uh... the dark is... persistent. It's night as a side effect of some of our problems, and as such will likely remain as it is until significant progress is made towards correcting them. As for the odd means of getting here, that's also a necessity. Or, if you mean the vagueness of our agents... they tend to be a bit cryptic at times, and truth be told even we aren't sure exactly what will be required. None of this was meant to signal distrust or subterfuge."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 09:31:25 pm »

"How very intriguing! I've never seen somebody who can harness light, so...I hope that we can get along on any potential future endeavors. This shall most certainly prove to be very rewarding, if in a more "Knowledgeable" way.

Drzkktizz nodded idly, and took out a small glob of some yellowish waxy substance and began nibbling on it-strangely, it didn't seem to affect his ability to speak.

"Szo, what magiczs do you possesz a-Laz'ka, Clanszon?

Or...are a-you as they szay...szword arm? As they szay...Meat szhield?

More to you...than meetzs the eye, I hope."

The bug man keened in something that might have been laughter.

Drzkktizz listened to the Arch Mage with the air of one who had infinite patience.

'Arc-a-mage Szorus...izs thizs hive-tower-place in szome danger? You szeem...tense. What are, you szaid...internal diffi-cultiesz? Do they threaten this misz..sion?"

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2011, 09:39:22 pm »

"Eternal Night, not much could be worse than that"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 41