Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 24: Poison and Pain]  (Read 46212 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Darkmoon RTD [Turn 0: Introductions]
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2011, 09:41:09 pm »

'Arc-a-mage Szorus...izs thizs hive-tower-place in szome danger? You szeem...tense. What are, you szaid...internal diffi-cultiesz? Do they threaten this misz..sion?"
"No, no, it's just that..."

Some of you notice a pair of mages, one in red robes, one in blue, striding angrily up to Sorus from behind. Both have papers in their hands, and the emphatic shuffling catches his attention.

They both pretty much begin speaking simultaneously.

"Sorus! Do you have any idea-"
  "Sorus! Algem here is trodding all-"
  "-what this imbecile is insisting upon?! He actually-"
  "-over the idea of a council by grandstanding about-"
  "-wants to shovel these fools under the sea, the-"
  "-his ideas and ignoring everything else!"

"That's enough!"
shouted the archmage, holding up his hands in an attempt to silence the two. "I leave you two in charge-"
  "Because this blithering imbecile-"
  "He's not listening to anyone! He's not-"

They continue arguing for several minutes, using a lot of names and references you don't recognize. The argument, aside from ample ad hominem commentary and generic anger, seems to revolve primarily around the unknown dangers of a certain sea, or at least the parts of it you recognize.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2011, 09:45:31 pm »

"Gentlemen, if you could enlighten us to your troubles, I'm sure we can help."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2011, 09:48:41 pm »

Maikah could not take that arguing any longer
"YOU TWO, SLOW DOWN AND DISCUSS RATIONALLY, SPEAKING OVER EACH OTHER WILL NOT GET ANYTHING DONE!!!"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49:53 pm »

Drzkktizz waited patiently for the argument to stop, nibbling on his food. Such activities were almost alien to him-while his people sometimes argued, it was usually done with alot less talking. They just sort of instantly agreed to not agree, and then attacked each other, and did so to the death. Saved so much time.

"...szilly Humanzs szhould not clanfight...work together-clan-hive muzst..."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 10:15:24 pm »

"Gentlemen, if you could enlighten us to your troubles, I'm sure we can help."
It takes several more minutes for Sosus to end the argument, even in spite of Maikah's yell, and even that requires a lot of yelling and dispute over the wisdom of listening to anything any of you have to say (plus lots more of the previous). He finally just convinces both of them to "bring the entire lab," after even his proclamation that he'd make the decision resulted in another round of argument.

The two mages storm off, returning with several strange... things. Sosus maneuvers them around, then sits down and begins arranging some in front of him.

"NOW! Since those BLITHERING IMBECILES still can't agree on the time of day, we're going to go over the exact process, and then I'm going to get the opinion- JUST THE OPINION- of the ones who will actually be doing the legwork. Everyone else shall remain silent."

Taking a deep breath, Sosus opens up a box, about a foot across, and takes out a tiny vial. It seems to be a padded box with holes just for that purpose, as there are several more vials visible.

"Now," he says, having calmed down, "this is a sample of a pure element." He holds it forward, and you can see it shine with a brown glow. Looking closely reveals that the thing inside the vial looks sort of like a clod of dirt.

"In order to form the gem, you'll need a sample of this. Larger than this one, it's just an example. This is how the device can draw like energy to itself. This also means you'll need to know what you're after ahead of time."

He puts the vial back and lifts up... something. It's round on top, but curvy circles on the bottom, like a crystal ball on an ornate chess piece base. A thick swinging handle, like that of a lantern, is set a little lower than the orb part. The base is a black stone, while the orb is a shiny red metal.

"This is our current attempt at the device. The fire device, specifically. The others are similar. It has some advanced functions I should probably explain, but for the most part you simply leave it near the source. Shouldn't take long, if you're encouraging the right thing.

Now, the difficult part is deciding on the right thing. We need elements from Air, Fire, Light, Darkness, Earth and Water. We have several prospective sources scouted out, to some degree, but as you'll be the ones in charge of doing it, I'd like your opinions.

Ah, and one more thing. I haven't explained how you'll be getting there... we have a portal set up. Several portals. Being set up, at least. It should take you where you need to go; then you acquire the gemstone and return. Simple enough.

Now, I'm sure you're all anxious to get going, so I suppose I'll ask you the short question: What element would you want to attempt first?"
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2011, 10:19:47 pm »

"How very intriguing! I've never seen somebody who can harness light, so...I hope that we can get along on any potential future endeavors. This shall most certainly prove to be very rewarding, if in a more "Knowledgeable" way.

Drzkktizz nodded idly, and took out a small glob of some yellowish waxy substance and began nibbling on it-strangely, it didn't seem to affect his ability to speak.

"Szo, what magiczs do you possesz a-Laz'ka, Clanszon?

Or...are a-you as they szay...szword arm? As they szay...Meat szhield?

More to you...than meetzs the eye, I hope."

The bug man keened in something that might have been laughter.

"No, you impudent little wre-...Ah, forgive me. I seem to be on an edge this morn...I'll assure you, that I am in no way qualified to wield a blade. I prefer the more...Subtle arts of magic. I'm sure you must understand, it's...A delicate matter. You would also do well to watch your tongue, lest something happen to it."

Laz'Ka turns this attention to the Archmage.

"Ah, Archmage. I would be glad to give my opinion on what we should do, but I truly could not care less. I will leave it to the more...Pompous of us. Although...I do seem to have an interest in this Light element. It would be nice to know how to counter-act it's effects..."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:28:23 pm by Dave1004 »

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2011, 10:20:06 pm »

While waiting for you to consider the options, Sorus begins reading various sheets of paper, describing some things for you.

"Let's see... For earth, we have a number of potential options. One happens to be in the same general region as the wind element, oddly enough, but it's also one of the more dangerous ones... Speaking of wind, there's one here, harpies? Shouldn't be an issue for you. Water is... mystery merfolk. Adventurers like the unknown, yes? Still, let's see... fire is... disputed. Wonderful. You couldn't eve- ... Anyway. There's some suspicion that a tribe of orcs might fit, some... flame cultists? And then... dragons. I... think we may want to skip dragons. Just a hunch. For light, we've got... oh... that explains it. Uh, and then darkness is... oh. I don't like that one, we should save it for last. Or find a new source, that might even be better. Are these even people? I don't know if this counts or not."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2011, 10:22:20 pm »

"If I may, I would suggest water...or fire as I, as you can see, am an orc."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2011, 10:24:21 pm »

"If I may, I would suggest water...or fire as I, as you can see, am an orc."
Sorus looks at you. "Ah... these particular orcs are probably less... refined than you're accustomed to dealing with. Your opinion on water is noted, however."

He quickly spins around, putting a stop to either of his associates saying anything with a glare.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2011, 10:56:03 pm »

((Huh, missed this somehow. EDIT: Oh, it was edited in after new replies. Don't do that or anyone who reads it at first won't see it, since they'll read it the first time, assume they've seen it all, and move right on to the ones beneath it. Just make a new post. >_>

Also if we don't get another opinion/vote soon we'll just go with what our present members decide, as I don't really want to push the game back a turn waiting for arbitrary decisions. Also thanks Dave. :)))

"Ah, Archmage. I would be glad to give my opinion on what we should do, but I truly could not care less. I will leave it to the more...Pompous of us. Although...I do seem to have an interest in this Light element. It would be nice to know how to counter-act it's effects..."
"Light? Well, it's opposed by Shadow, of course. Other than that I'm really not sure, it's not exactly my specialty. Although, it's worth noting that most light spells rely on either the target's or the caster's ability to actually perceive light, so shutting your eyes could be effective. Or at least, that's true of the type of light magic I'm familiar with; some other varieties are a bit more direct in their processes."

((Also, wolfchild: What kind of light-magic are you thinking?

Still considering the specifics of poison magic and alchemical tools, Dwarmin. >_>))
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 10:57:37 pm by IronyOwl »

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2011, 11:01:12 pm »

"Light? Well, it's opposed by Shadow, of course. Other than that I'm really not sure, it's not exactly my specialty. Although, it's worth noting that most light spells rely on either the target's or the caster's ability to actually perceive light, so shutting your eyes could be effective. Or at least, that's true of the type of light magic I'm familiar with; some other varieties are a bit more direct in their processes."

Hmm...That may prove interesting in the future. Thank you, Archmage. I will make sure that this knowledge is put to good use...Or, good in a sense.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2011, 11:03:50 pm »

OOC: If people take too long to post turns, are you going to just put 'em on auto sometimes? It would speed things up...
Probably, but "too long" will still probably be a lot longer than you'd prefer. :P

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2011, 11:06:00 pm »

OOC: If people take too long to post turns, are you going to just put 'em on auto sometimes? It would speed things up...
Probably, but "too long" will still probably be a lot longer than you'd prefer. :P

OOC: Anything more than fourty-eight hours is too long for me...

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2011, 11:10:35 pm »

Was not sure, wanted some sensory ones, but swing as its the only magic "my" people use I wanted some offensive ablities too, like lasers probably hard light is VERY unrealistic, but maybe the lasers should be harder or something
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2011, 11:13:40 pm »

Was not sure, wanted some sensory ones, but swing as its the only magic "my" people use I wanted some offensive ablities too, like lasers probably hard light is VERY unrealistic, but maybe the lasers should be harder or something

Lasers? In MY fantasy setting? It's more realistic than you think!

...Seriously, bro? You're an anthropomorphic cat-dude who shoots lasers? That officially makes you awesome, and queer, in my book.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41